Portsmouth Match Thread (starting on page 5) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Portsmouth Match Thread (starting on page 5)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Unchanged. Cooper back on the bench.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
DPe7n4IXUAUd4sf.jpg:small

Cooper in for Childs only change

chave

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Mar 15, 2017
No idea how Pompey will line up. Pitman is out for us, and Kennedy is on the bench. Will either be Hawkins either up front or centre back, with Evans either right wing or right back. Will make for an interesting first five minutes!

Bit worried about our left side, Haunstrup and Close are inexperience and prone to mistakes, while Naismith is lazy and poor at tracking back.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
chave":2dnqso19 said:
No idea how Pompey will line up. Pitman is out for us, and Kennedy is on the bench. Will either be Hawkins either up front or centre back, with Evans either right wing or right back. Will make for an interesting first five minutes!

Bit worried about our left side, Haunstrup and Close are inexperience and prone to mistakes, while Naismith is lazy and poor at tracking back.
Naismith will have to work hard as I imagine you'll try and double up on marking Carey on that side - that's what most teams have done to him this season.

Aug 5, 2016
What is going on with Ryan Taylor? He and Ciftci were playing reserve games well over a week, maybe two weeks ago. Was expecting him to be nearing fitness now.

chave

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Mar 15, 2017
Dan Ellard":3tmfbq9z said:
chave":3tmfbq9z said:

Naismith will have to work hard as I imagine you'll try and double up on marking Carey on that side - that's what most teams have done to him this season.

Not sure that will happen...

One possibility is that Hawkins plays centre back, Evans plays right wing Nd Lowe plays left wing instead of Naismith. If so, he'll work a lot harder, but will be playing out of position.

Certainly worrying from our perspective.

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
Knibbsworth":3kyoqolz said:
What is going on with Ryan Taylor? He and Ciftci were playing reserve games well over a week, maybe two weeks ago. Was expecting him to be nearing fitness now.

Taylor turned his ankle at Bournemouth and I think this has set him back a few weeks. Ciftci... don't know. must be close to coming back.

chave

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Mar 15, 2017
Quick question while I'm here - who are Goldberg's Solicitors?

Apr 9, 2011
ping_g5":1trwznrk said:
Knibbsworth":1trwznrk said:

Taylor turned his ankle at Bournemouth and I think this has set him back a few weeks. Ciftci... don't know. must be close to coming back.
on the bench!

Dec 3, 2005
Ciftci, thought he had gone back to Celtic - didn't show anything to get excited by his return to be honest.

Great atmosphere at Fratton Park - coyg's :)

Aug 5, 2016
djg145":33manovw said:
Ciftci, thought he had gone back to Celtic - didn't show anything to get excited by his return to be honest.

Great atmosphere at Fratton Park - coyg's :)

I'm confident Ciftci will be a different player in a side with the occasional chance. He found himself leading the line in a team with no confidence and a powderpuff midfield, feeding on scraps and punts. A bit of Carey finesse and decent wing play will give him better quality service to convert.

Dec 3, 2005
Oh dear - kick it out - dont mess with it - golden rule of football - taught at Primary School