PASOTI and what it stands for. | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

PASOTI and what it stands for.

Apr 17, 2013
PASOTI is a class above most football forums. The rules and controls mean that a high standard is maintained. It is usually intelligently humorous, informative and entertaining. I am so grateful to the team behind it. Please don't change a thing!

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
wightboy":1b2dlt6r said:
PASOTI is a class above most football forums. The rules and controls mean that a high standard is maintained. It is usually intelligently humorous, informative and entertaining. I am so grateful to the team behind it. Please don't change a thing!
Should make an exception perhaps for r4h4al's user name.

Apr 21, 2005
Plympton
Been on the site for a while but haven't been posting much in recent times. There are many others who have been posting for years and always seem to be a few new posters when I come on. Plenty of decent debate, with the odd bit of banter and for the most part the site is well moderated to keep us all going. Some of the stuff you see posted on sites like FB and Twitter leave a lot to be desired so we ought to appreciate what is one of the best fan sites existing anywhere. Plymouth Argyle Supporters On The Internet might come from all over, have differing views and beliefs etc, but most have the club at heart and can, hopefully, encourage others to be likewise. Criticism and honest debate without resorting to insults and personal attacks are what I generally see on here, and it is all the better for it. As an ex printer & gardener It was in one of those occupations that I was informed there were around 20,000 different shades of green visible with the human eye, so plenty of room for a broad spectrum of views about our great club then!

B

Baby Face Johnson

Internet banter (bantz for all those still not shaving) is all well and good but only works if both parties are in on it, so no offence is being caused. If you are genuinely provoking someone or being offensive just to get a reaction, it can become incredibly boorish.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
b.worrell":l9xm481h said:
I must say that of all the PAFC fan sites I enjoy ATD the best, followed by Free chat .

A test if ever I saw one, bit too transparent though.

Dec 21, 2015
I don't do FB free chat - but I know people that do, apart from the colourful language that just goes to show how uneducated some people are that they cant have a conversation or debate without resorting to using 4 letter words or abuse to shout down anybody who thinks anything other than their shallow point of view

There are also those who constantly slate PASOTI and some of the MODS because "in their opinion" the Mods are all in bed with James Brent or connected to the club and therefore anything on here is actually proof read and needs approval from the club before its allowed to remain - again some of the FB core group really need to learn that 2+2 does not and has never =7

Mods all sit with Brent in the Directors box and are his puppets

some people really do forget where we were not so long ago and it was only because of some individuals actions that the club remains and although those that have received acknowledgement from the club for that support - this was not the reasons they got involved so heavily and at great personal commitment and or cost that they got involved in the first place

I guess many on FB are also jealous of what Pasoti is and stands for how good the team behind the name are

I say WELL done to all those that give up their own personal time to assist with the running of a fantastic football club related forum

I take my hat off to those past and present that have contributed to making PASOTI the Site it is today -

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
b.worrell":lo5wa706 said:
I must say that of all the PAFC fan sites I enjoy ATD the best, followed by Free chat .

I tried ATD, but whilst there are some valid points on there, it's too consumed with grown men throwing toys out of the pram and throwing insults and unsubstantiated accusations around. Hopefully they mature and can eventually get their concerns taken seriously.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
justanotherfan":31sbrbv3 said:
b.worrell":31sbrbv3 said:

A test if ever I saw one, bit too transparent though.

As I say, not all get through but some do. :lol:

4ER9R4C.png

This was quickly followed by "Pasoti is (rhymes with tank)" and then another which said "Pasoti is corrupt".

The thing is, this is a grown up. :facepalm: :roll:

May 8, 2011
ATD is just bizarre, it is supposed to be an Argyle fan site but the posters all seem to want to see Argyle fail, you can almost see them jumping up and down with glee when Argyle concede a goal.
A classic ATD attitude was seen with the Carey re-signing, from the end of the season they were so certain that he was bound to leave because Argyle wouldn't match other teams offers. Then when he stayed it was because he isn't that good and nobody wanted him.

Sep 6, 2006
Ghost":35bmq9wp said:
I've just had a look at Free Chat. I see that John Lloyd and LG post on there regularly. Whatever happened to them on here? I used to enjoy their posts.

John Lloyd has been banned! Must have been a very naughty boy. The only real issue I have with Pasoti is some folk are too sensitive. If somebody taks nonsense I call them out but that is not seen as acceptable. Neither is criticiisng the team by most people. However if we all agreed with each other and there wasn't some controversy then it would be a dull site. I dont believe (hope) I havent crossed the line in to personal abuse but its a passionate cause - poor excuse I know.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Balham_Green":cr7c3b3t said:
Ghost":cr7c3b3t said:
I've just had a look at Free Chat. I see that John Lloyd and LG post on there regularly. Whatever happened to them on here? I used to enjoy their posts.

John Lloyd has been banned! Must have been a very naughty boy. The only real issue I have with Pasoti is some folk are too sensitive. If somebody taks nonsense I call them out but that is not seen as acceptable. Neither is criticiisng the team by most people. However if we all agreed with each other and there wasn't some controversy then it would be a dull site. I dont believe (hope) I havent crossed the line in to personal abuse but its a passionate cause - poor excuse I know.

How on earth did John manage to get banned? :/ Very reasonable fan in my opinion.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
PlymOdi":ehpsurl7 said:
Balham_Green":ehpsurl7 said:
Ghost":ehpsurl7 said:

How on earth did John manage to get banned? :/ Very reasonable fan in my opinion.

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=96418

He's one of the good guys, it's a shame isn't it?

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Brussels Bureaucrat":xqr9hpgt said:
PlymOdi":xqr9hpgt said:
Balham_Green":xqr9hpgt said:
Ghost":xqr9hpgt said:

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=96418

He's one of the good guys, it's a shame isn't it?

Strange one to me. He was indeed one of the good guys on here.
Surprised the admins are concerned with what is said elsewhere, especially on a site known as unreliable. I wouldn't lose sleep over what other people say if it isn't true.