PASOTI and what it stands for. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

PASOTI and what it stands for.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
justanotherfan":iswixy16 said:
Does just what it says on the tin. We have green tints, sceptics, dreamers, realists, pragmatists, egoists, the well informed, the ill informed and sometimes they are all within one individual. :greensmile: A well run and supported fans forum. It is not unusual to be in agreement with a poster one minute and diametrically opposed the next, but that is the reason for the success of PASOTI, we are a broad church.
You're allowed to name X Isle you know Derek. :D

Only joking Smiffy (before you report me).

Jun 19, 2006
Somewhere or other
Well, I did just see that John Lloyd has laid down the law on Free Chat...

'if complaints are received about excessive or aggressive use of language, posts may be deleted.'

That'll have em trembling :roll:

I think PASOTI is brilliant and I am very grateful to those who set it up and continue to run it for the benefit of genuine Argyle supporters. If it wasn't for PASOTI, exiles such as myself and the many other supporters who live outside of Plymouth would have no other forum to keep up to date with everything that is green. Thank you, long may PASOTI continue to run in its present format.

Feb 18, 2009
Plymouth
I've just had a look at Free Chat. I see that John Lloyd and LG post on there regularly. Whatever happened to them on here? I used to enjoy their posts.

Mar 14, 2009
Go on many fan forum sites because l like reading about football. I've joined one or two that seemed friendly to rival fans. Yellowforum, the Oxford Utd site, being one of them. I was basically asking about their opinions on Ryan Taylor at the time.

I notice this site gets a lot of rival fans. Most seem to enjoy coming here and sharing their opinion.

Basically, the site is very good . I'm afraid there are people who don't like to hear criticism of Argyle, the same as some never seem to praise the club. There is nothing wrong with balanced opinions. The problem is that you make comments and you become entrenched and tagged with a particular outlook. Yet every season is different and you should look reset your opinions at the start of each season, unless the same repeative things happen. Unfortunately on here you can be pre-determined as to what kind of supporter you are based on comments you make.

I got to be honest, people are critical of this site but you got to hear some of the rubbish on Argyle Democratic Talk. I love different views about Argyle. That site though you can't take seriously because of years of the same continuous rubbish that certain members keep reiterating. One or two of them do nothing but bad mouth the club. Maybe PASOTI is restrictive, but ATD has built a platform for one or two who love the sound of their own voice but can't seem to get behind the club and be supportive. I wonder how many of them were dipping into their pocket when Argyle were on the brink of extinction? How many of them dip into their pocket to support the Argyle youth? I think it's healthy to have rival sites. However, the difference between PASOTI and ATD just goes to show how difficult it is to run a forum and get the balance right without it being taken over by trolls. ATD is trying to be independent and balanced but has gone too far and become a comedy parody site for football forums.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Metal_Green_Mickey":2o8gx7dy said:
Go on many fan forum sites because l like reading about football. I've joined one or two that seemed friendly to rival fans. Yellowforum, the Oxford Utd site, being one of them. I was basically asking about their opinions on Ryan Taylor at the time.

I notice this site gets a lot of rival fans. Most seem to enjoy coming here and sharing their opinion.

Basically, the site is very good . I'm afraid there are people who don't like to hear criticism of Argyle, the same as some never seem to praise the club. There is nothing wrong with balanced opinions. The problem is that you make comments and you become entrenched and tagged with a particular outlook. Yet every season is different and you should look reset your opinions at the start of each season, unless the same repeative things happen. Unfortunately on here you can be pre-determined as to what kind of supporter you are based on comments you make.

I got to be honest, people are critical of this site but you got to hear some of the rubbish on Argyle Democratic Talk. I love different views about Argyle. That site though you can't take seriously because of years of the same continuous rubbish that certain members keep reiterating. One or two of them do nothing but bad mouth the club. Maybe PASOTI is restrictive, but ATD has built a platform for one or two who love the sound of their own voice but can't seem to get behind the club and be supportive. I wonder how many of them were dipping into their pocket when Argyle were on the brink of extinction? How many of them dip into their pocket to support the Argyle youth? I think it's healthy to have rival sites. However, the difference between PASOTI and ATD just goes to show how difficult it is to run a forum and get the balance right without it being taken over by trolls. ATD is trying to be independent and balanced but has gone too far and become a comedy parody site for football forums.
:iagree: :iagree:

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
There are at times too many ready to ridicule unknown posters without any come back on them. If it was policed a bit tighter then I feel it would be even better.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Ghost":pwnvw9i5 said:
I've just had a look at Free Chat. I see that John Lloyd and LG post on there regularly. Whatever happened to them on here? I used to enjoy their posts.

Paul's taking time out. He still contributes to the site, sponsorship and draws etc. He is missed.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
I don't know if this is allowed but I'm banned on ATD. I have asked many a time for a reprieve but the goat says "No"....

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
I like the idea of Facebook Free Chat but I don't like the fact that anything I post on there would come up as a public post on my profile - if it was a closed group I'd probably post more often. I like the relative anonymity of Pasoti (and various other internet forums like Reddit and so on).

Jan 3, 2013
Have had shall we say the odd run in with certain people on here, but the site is far better than certain other sites. However, sometimes I do get frustrated when I'm construed as controversial. I'm not, I'm a fan who wishes to see our club succeed

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Brussels Bureaucrat":h802zbpa said:
I like the idea of Facebook Free Chat but I don't like the fact that anything I post on there would come up as a public post on my profile - if it was a closed group I'd probably post more often. I like the relative anonymity of Pasoti (and various other internet forums like Reddit and so on).

Relative anonymity of PASOTI....your having a laugh....check out the number of times first names are used.....quite a lot of posters on here know quite a lot of posters on here.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
:greensmile: Give us an example then Alf.