PASALB evening to Meet Peter Ridsdale Friday 29th July 2011‏ | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

PASALB evening to Meet Peter Ridsdale Friday 29th July 2011‏

L

Lee Jameson

Bubba":rkdysqfh said:
Lee Jameson":rkdysqfh said:
Compared to other clubs who have suffered similar difficulties Argyle supporters have behaved impeccable.

Maybe thats the problem though?

Are Argyle fans too nice?

I have to agree with you a little. I have looked at other clubs who have had the same problems, they get out in there thousands to protest.

I was talking more about sending death threats to former directors and people who have an interest to tahe over the club.

As much as the majority of these people make me feel sick to the stomache I can not support such actions.

A

Anonymous

To wish illness on anyone is the actions of a sick mind, without a doubt.

I gave up attempting to call a protest when a few of us (including penzancepirate to be fair) went up a few months ago.

Meagre numbers, which was a major disappointment and disuaded getting invloved with anything like that again.

Even when we attempted to storm the Directors Box, twenty people at most were invloved. I asked some (I thought) radicals to get invloved, but 'I've got work mate, I hope to get up there' texts came aplenty. :yawn:

P

Paul_Roberts

IJN":6kgq4wbl said:

I gave up attempting to call a protest when a few of us (including penzancepirate to be fair) went up a few months ago.

Meagre numbers, which was a major disappointment and disuaded getting invloved with anything like that again.

Even when we attempted to storm the Directors Box, twenty people at most were invloved. I asked some (I thought) radicals to get invloved, but 'I've got work mate, I hope to get up there' texts came aplenty. :yawn:

Whatever happened to him?

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Paul_Roberts":2ik76ub6 said:
IJN":2ik76ub6 said:

Paul he over in another place with many other refugees called ADT or something. Personally I thought they were an alarm company.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
TC...Argyle Talk.Democratic....As for protests complete waste of time.

G

Gareth Nicholson

oddball":221mb2x3 said:

Always good to read Martin Luther King quotes on here.

The problem with any protest is finding enough people who agree with you. Let's not forget that Ridsdale, peversely in my view, was having his name sung in praise by a sizeable portion of fans last season (away at Daggers and a few home games too).

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Andy_Symons":ru5fwofb said:

Paul he over in another place with many other refugees called ADT or something. Personally I thought they were an alarm company.[/quote]

They are, Tony. Haven't you read some of the stuff on there? :lol:[/quote]

I popped in the other day when someone made me aware of it, Personally, I liked the layout and..............no, thats about it. There did not appear to be any diverse views. One person wrote something scathing and everyone joined in, wouldnt thappen here, would it?

Anyway, nice to see PP and Tringy thriving in such an atmosphere, oh and ofcourse the Rickler, who for all his rogueishness, is still a poster worth reading.

D

Dickie Moyle

oddball":2w3blh31 said:

Particuarly with the south west being a melting pot of apathy. Might be something to do with the close proximity to the sea.

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
Ed_Blackburn":3a3rpdqk said:
IJN":3a3rpdqk said:
I was told that Nick Warren turned up and asked some very probing questions of Riddler.

What were the questions he asked?

If I recall correctly; what's the rent, how is it calculated and what happens if the South Stand is redeveloped?

The answers went along the line of rent is commercially sensitive and took a lot of negotiations, the rent is less than the Lombard mortgage, is tied to RPI and dependent on what league we're in. It lease is for 25 years and would need to be renegotiated if any developments were to change. All monies raised within the stadium would be the clubs (I think).
I'm surprised no-one has picked up on this in view of the rash of postings a while back bemoaning the fact that selling the ground meant we wouldn't benefit from any income.

Peter Jones

R.I.P
Mar 4, 2004
Trev501":1f801jdn said:
Ed_Blackburn":1f801jdn said:
IJN":1f801jdn said:
I was told that Nick Warren turned up and asked some very probing questions of Riddler.

What were the questions he asked?

If I recall correctly; what's the rent, how is it calculated and what happens if the South Stand is redeveloped?

The answers went along the line of rent is commercially sensitive and took a lot of negotiations, the rent is less than the Lombard mortgage, is tied to RPI and dependent on what league we're in. It lease is for 25 years and would need to be renegotiated if any developments were to change. All monies raised within the stadium would be the clubs (I think).
I'm surprised no-one has picked up on this in view of the rash of postings a while back bemoaning the fact that selling the ground meant we wouldn't benefit from any income.

But that makes no sense, does it. Because it would mean that Heaney was in breach of the FL rules on dual ownership.