PASALB evening to Meet Peter Ridsdale Friday 29th July 2011‏ | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

PASALB evening to Meet Peter Ridsdale Friday 29th July 2011‏

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Ed_Blackburn":1219mqsx said:
Andy_S":1219mqsx said:
PASALB are not renowned for their reporting from "private" meetings!

That's unfair. It was a late night and it's a gorgeous day at the beginning of the school holidays here in the smoke.

I attended. I can't say I learnt anything new, or was persuaded to buy a season ticket, despite Mr Ridsdale appealing directly to me.

- £8.4M wage bill on £4.9M turnover last year
- Doesn't care who owns the ground, or what they do with surrounding land, so long as the club is protected by a strong lease.
- We are in negotiations with a Premier League club to sign (on a free) a centre-forward who played against us (on loan) last season, it's acknowledged that we need a centre-forward.
- Shaun Reid, new first team coach.
- The centre of excellence is budgeted for in the three year business plan (£250K - £300K p/a)
- The Argentine midfielder is training with us, personal terms are agreed, however there's a possibility that compensation may be due, until it's confirmed no compensation is due we can't risk ourselves to signing him.
- Rick Cowdrey got over excited regarding the Golden Share internet announcement, it was altered after Ridsdale got angry at it's inaccurate content.
- He won't work with Kagami, Gardner, Wrathall, Stapelton, Todd, Dennerely or Syan. Doesn't mean that they are not involved with the ginger twit.
- He has signed players for clubs, without the manager seeing them play, but always with the managers blessing.
- Is very frustrated that fans aren't buying season tickets for politics, without season ticket sales his business plan will need adjusting and we'll be in the mire.
- His PB was James Brent, but Brent's offer was not palatable to the administrator.
- A Dublin building PLC is behind Heaney, but he doesn't know who is behind Heaney. Maybe Heaney is behind Heaney!! LOOK OUT...He's behind you!
- This isn't an asset strip we've never owned our ground, Lombard do. Crap! For 20 years the BBBS had the mortgage on my house. It was still MY house!
- Laboured the point that Heaney's money is clean after some suggested mystery money from anonymous sources could theoretically not be so.
- Confirmed that if the Heaney deal collapsed he'd support the contingency plan.
-Has exchanged emails with James Brent.
- Was unequivocal that Brenden's boss does not want the process to be reopened and as such would rather the club fold than expose his business any longer, hence the sliding deadlines - they're necessary to facilitate the Heaney deal. If Brenda had stuck to his "deadlines" he wouldn't have had to reopen at such a late date, would he.

Sorry if I missed anything, the trust was represented and as was an Exeter director probing with a few questions.

Thank you to PASALB for organising and Peter Ridsdale for staying in London until gone 9pm despite having to check into a flight from Liverpool at 4am for a family holiday.

I was being a tad mischievous Ed! :thumbup:

There is, imho, so much wrong with what Ridsdale is saying.

C

Charlie Wood

mike_gss":v4w36ddr said:
Ed_Blackburn":v4w36ddr said:
Andy_S":v4w36ddr said:
- He won't work with Kagami, Gardner, Wrathall, Stapelton, Todd, Dennerely or Syan.

Thanks for the report Ed.

Technically, if only Ridsdale owns the football club and Heaney and any of the above own the property side of things then he - technically - is speaking the truth. "Working with" is not the same as "being a tenant of" is it? Therefore am I right in thinking the above seven dwarves (sorry Tavy - "short people"! :) ) could still be involved?

Only the dimmest of us would not have reached that theoretical conclusion given how carefully Ridders has crafted his responses to thet question...and you are not dim, Mike.

I asked for an unequivocal answer at the last public meeting and that was Ridders response (seperating the club from the owners) whilst Brenda just mumbled "er, not unequivocal...no".

M

Marcus The Green

Ed_Blackburn":3jmwdelw said:
Was unequivocal that Brenden's boss does not want the process to be reopened and as such would rather the club fold than expose his business any longer, hence the sliding deadlines - they're necessary to facilitate the Heaney deal.

This bit astonishes me!! Doesn't this prove that they are bending their own rules to get the deal they want through?? Talk of liquidation when there is another offer.....isn't that illegal under the administration laws?? The bit in bold would also suggest a slight admission of failure on the part of P&A partnership.

D

DBDave

Excellent summary Ed.
Except you forgot to mention Ridsdale's illuminous shocking pink socks!

Dec 7, 2006
So, basically, it all comes down to what the boss of that plank of an Administrator wants. Sod the city losing it's club, sod all the fans, sod all the tradition and history - just as long as his fukcing company get's it's seven pieces of silver. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Guilfoyles total bleddy ineptitude has got us into this mess. This could and should have been sorted weeks ago. It was HIS colossal misjudgment in going for the Hobbit and his so-called 'Irish' cronies instead of Brent and HIS prevarication that has now seemingly boxed us into a corner. I'm so bleddy angry - spell checker would go into meltdown. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Apr 19, 2006
near Aberdeen
Charlie Wood":3jh3gd7s said:
mike_gss":3jh3gd7s said:
Ed_Blackburn":3jh3gd7s said:
- He won't work with Kagami, Gardner, Wrathall, Stapelton, Todd, Dennerely or Syan.

Thanks for the report Ed.

Technically, if only Ridsdale owns the football club and Heaney and any of the above own the property side of things then he - technically - is speaking the truth. "Working with" is not the same as "being a tenant of" is it? Therefore am I right in thinking the above seven dwarves (sorry Tavy - "short people"! :) ) could still be involved?

...and you are not dim, Mike.

Only on days with a "y" in. :)

I was trying to craft my comment er... "carefully" but yes, it's a very poor obfuscation on Ridsdale's part.

Dec 2, 2010
Plymouth
Ed_Blackburn":3bii779f said:
- His PB was James Brent, but Brent's offer was not palatable to the administrator.
- Was unequivocal that Brenden's boss does not want the process to be reopened and as such would rather the club fold than expose his business any longer, hence the sliding deadlines - they're necessary to facilitate the Heaney deal.

Thanks for the report Ed. Some of Ridsdale's comments seem to conflict with statements from 5 April.

http://www.pafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0 ... 12,00.html

Quote:
Akkeron's statement has been welcomed by Argyle's administrators, who promised the company "full assistance" and urged all parties to work with Mr Brent "to save Plymouth Argyle." "The Joint Administrators of Plymouth Argyle Football Club, Brendan Guilfoyle, Christopher White and John Russell, welcome the announcement today (April 5) from Akkeron Group LLP," the statement read. "The Administrators will give Akkeron full assistance in seeking to address the conditions that they have set, and would encourage stakeholders to support the Akkeron offer. "Brendan Guilfoyle said: "Akkeron's offer will provide a better solution to all PAFC's stakeholders than liquidation. "Time is running out for the club and I would encourage everyone to engage with Akkeron in a constructive and timely manner to save Plymouth Argyle Football Club."

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
storming":1wlq2sf3 said:
Ed_Blackburn":1wlq2sf3 said:
- Was unequivocal that Brenden's boss does not want the process to be reopened and as such would rather the club fold than expose his business any longer, hence the sliding deadlines - they're necessary to facilitate the Heaney deal.

Thanks for the report Ed. Some of Ridsdale's comments seem to conflict with statements from 5 April.

Quote:
Akkeron's statement has been welcomed by Argyle's administrators, who promised the company "full assistance" and urged all parties to work with Mr Brent "to save Plymouth Argyle." "The Joint Administrators of Plymouth Argyle Football Club, Brendan Guilfoyle, Christopher White and John Russell, welcome the announcement today (April 5) from Akkeron Group LLP," the statement read. "The Administrators will give Akkeron full assistance in seeking to address the conditions that they have set, and would encourage stakeholders to support the Akkeron offer. "Brendan Guilfoyle said: "Akkeron's offer will provide a better solution to all PAFC's stakeholders than liquidation. "Time is running out for the club and I would encourage everyone to engage with Akkeron in a constructive and timely manner to save Plymouth Argyle Football Club."

Meanwhile, a mere 7 days from that being 4 months ago, Guilfoyle is permitting yet further delays!

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Ray The Aviator":26uw282t said:
Andy_S":26uw282t said:

Hey just leave us alone :lol:

Ah! Ray The "Secret Squirrel" Aviator! :D

Evening Ray, sorry to hear about your back!

I trust that your lovely daughter, Karen, is well? :lol:

A

Anonymous

storming":l3cfs159 said:
Ed_Blackburn":l3cfs159 said:

Quote:

The principal difference between James Brent and Kevin Heaney in terms of the secured creditors is that Heaney has allegedly offered substantially more money to both Lombard and Mastpoint. No prizes for guessing why?

B

bizzay1

Graham Clark":121ml5x4 said:
The principal difference between James Brent and Kevin Heaney in terms of the secured creditors is that Heaney has allegedly offered substantially more money to both Lombard and Mastpoint. No prizes for guessing why?

Offering is one thing, I could have offered more than him, unfortunataly I don't have that much money :whistle: :cool:

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
Graham Clark":3klm0jzb said:

Is that "offer" repayable over a period of years I wonder (obviously must be). Sticking the club / development, with the burden of repaying the NWO mess up from future revenues.