PASALB evening to Meet Peter Ridsdale Friday 29th July 2011‏ | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

PASALB evening to Meet Peter Ridsdale Friday 29th July 2011‏

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
Andy_S":kurwye78 said:
mike_gss":kurwye78 said:
GibGreen":kurwye78 said:
Is it safe to assume that not much will be happening this week with Ridsdale away on holiday then?

:crazy: :shock:

Memo to all other league clubs:

Keep an eye open for any strange cars in the "visitor's" car park.

Or walking boots outside the office door!!

:D

With the theme tune to the BBC's 'Holiday' pumping out of the car stereo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZLQSVH_Rvk

A

Anonymous

I was told that Nick Warren turned up and asked some very probing questions of Riddler.

What were the questions he asked?

L

Lee Jameson

victor":2h0tc5d6 said:
Storming - I mentioned UPDATE!

IJN asked a question above, with no response. Understand now?

The general secretary who took the notes is away with his kids for a few days. I will post as soon as I get them.

Mar 3, 2004
Cornwall
Ed_Blackburn":39iwi3ct said:
Andy_S":39iwi3ct said:
PASALB are not renowned for their reporting from "private" meetings!

That's unfair. It was a late night and it's a gorgeous day at the beginning of the school holidays here in the smoke.

I attended. I can't say I learnt anything new, or was persuaded to buy a season ticket, despite Mr Ridsdale appealing directly to me.

- £8.4M wage bill on £4.9M turnover last year
- Doesn't care who owns the ground, or what they do with surrounding land, so long as the club is protected by a strong lease.
- We are in negotiations with a Premier League club to sign (on a free) a centre-forward who played against us (on loan) last season, it's acknowledged that we need a centre-forward.
- Shaun Reid, new first team coach.
- The centre of excellence is budgeted for in the three year business plan (£250K - £300K p/a)
- The Argentine midfielder is training with us, personal terms are agreed, however there's a possibility that compensation may be due, until it's confirmed no compensation is due we can't risk ourselves to signing him.
- Rick Cowdrey got over excited regarding the Golden Share internet announcement, it was altered after Ridsdale got angry at it's inaccurate content.
- He won't work with Kagami, Gardner, Wrathall, Stapelton, Todd, Dennerely or Syan.
- He has signed players for clubs, without the manager seeing them play, but always with the managers blessing.
- Is very frustrated that fans aren't buying season tickets for politics, without season ticket sales his business plan will need adjusting and we'll be in the mire.
- His PB was James Brent, but Brent's offer was not palatable to the administrator.
- A Dublin building PLC is behind Heaney, but he doesn't know who is behind Heaney.
- This isn't an asset strip we've never owned our ground, Lombard do.
- Laboured the point that Heaney's money is clean after some suggested mystery money from anonymous sources could theoretically not be so.
- Confirmed that if the Heaney deal collapsed he'd support the contingency plan.
-Has exchanged emails with James Brent.
- Was unequivocal that Brenden's boss does not want the process to be reopened and as such would rather the club fold than expose his business any longer, hence the sliding deadlines - they're necessary to facilitate the Heaney deal.

Sorry if I missed anything, the trust was represented and as was an Exeter director probing with a few questions.

Thank you to PASALB for organising and Peter Ridsdale for staying in London until gone 9pm despite having to check into a flight from Liverpool at 4am for a family holiday.

This seems to indicate that we need the 5.5K season ticket sales for his business plan to succeed or we are 'in the mire'.

Having suffered 2 relegations running why is he assuming we would sell more season tickets than the last time we dropped to this level?

You can't just blame it on 'politics' as there is no logic that says our season tickets will be at their highest level ever in the bottom division now.

This is the first indication that the fans not turning up in unrealistically high numbers will be blamed for any subsequent demise of the club.

B

bandwagon

Chris Dennis":3k4c4kmr said:
Ed_Blackburn":3k4c4kmr said:
Andy_S":3k4c4kmr said:
PASALB are not renowned for their reporting from "private" meetings!

That's unfair. It was a late night and it's a gorgeous day at the beginning of the school holidays here in the smoke.

I attended. I can't say I learnt anything new, or was persuaded to buy a season ticket, despite Mr Ridsdale appealing directly to me.

- £8.4M wage bill on £4.9M turnover last year
- Doesn't care who owns the ground, or what they do with surrounding land, so long as the club is protected by a strong lease.
- We are in negotiations with a Premier League club to sign (on a free) a centre-forward who played against us (on loan) last season, it's acknowledged that we need a centre-forward.
- Shaun Reid, new first team coach.
- The centre of excellence is budgeted for in the three year business plan (£250K - £300K p/a)
- The Argentine midfielder is training with us, personal terms are agreed, however there's a possibility that compensation may be due, until it's confirmed no compensation is due we can't risk ourselves to signing him.
- Rick Cowdrey got over excited regarding the Golden Share internet announcement, it was altered after Ridsdale got angry at it's inaccurate content.
- He won't work with Kagami, Gardner, Wrathall, Stapelton, Todd, Dennerely or Syan.
- He has signed players for clubs, without the manager seeing them play, but always with the managers blessing.
- Is very frustrated that fans aren't buying season tickets for politics, without season ticket sales his business plan will need adjusting and we'll be in the mire.
- His PB was James Brent, but Brent's offer was not palatable to the administrator.
- A Dublin building PLC is behind Heaney, but he doesn't know who is behind Heaney.
- This isn't an asset strip we've never owned our ground, Lombard do.
- Laboured the point that Heaney's money is clean after some suggested mystery money from anonymous sources could theoretically not be so.
- Confirmed that if the Heaney deal collapsed he'd support the contingency plan.
-Has exchanged emails with James Brent.
- Was unequivocal that Brenden's boss does not want the process to be reopened and as such would rather the club fold than expose his business any longer, hence the sliding deadlines - they're necessary to facilitate the Heaney deal.

Sorry if I missed anything, the trust was represented and as was an Exeter director probing with a few questions.

Thank you to PASALB for organising and Peter Ridsdale for staying in London until gone 9pm despite having to check into a flight from Liverpool at 4am for a family holiday.

This seems to indicate that we need the 5.5K season ticket sales for his business plan to succeed or we are 'in the mire'.

Having suffered 2 relegations running why is he assuming we would sell more season tickets than the last time we dropped to this level?

You can't just blame it on 'politics' as there is no logic that says our season tickets will be at their highest level ever in the bottom division now.

This is the first indication that the fans not turning up in unrealistically high numbers will be blamed for any subsequent demise of the club.

Correct - wouldn't have got 5.5k even if we had stayed up!! As for the politics, the last 9 months shenanigans has created a huge rift between the fans that will have some sort of effect, especially for those who where on the fence - just wish it was over one way or another now!!

L

Lee Jameson

Compared to other clubs who have suffered similar difficulties Argyle supporters have behaved impeccable.

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
Lee Jameson":yd4b64i6 said:
Compared to other clubs who have suffered similar difficulties Argyle supporters have behaved impeccable.

Maybe thats the problem though?

Are Argyle fans too nice?

E

Ed_Blackburn

IJN":21dha6c3 said:
I was told that Nick Warren turned up and asked some very probing questions of Riddler.

What were the questions he asked?

If I recall correctly; what's the rent, how is it calculated and what happens if the South Stand is redeveloped?

The answers went along the line of rent is commercially sensitive and took a lot of negotiations, the rent is less than the Lombard mortgage, is tied to RPI and dependent on what league we're in. It lease is for 25 years and would need to be renegotiated if any developments were to change. All monies raised within the stadium would be the clubs (I think).

G

Gareth Nicholson

That's a slight shift from the previous line, when Ridsdale made a big deal about the rent being less than we paid when the council owned the ground. That of course was before Tudor Evans confirmed that council rent was not fixed but was based on attendance and the division in which the club played.

I don't see how rent can be seen as commercially sensitive, unless the landlord had an interest in keeping it that way. The murkiness of course does make it easier to change the rent as and when it suits.