Nathan Blisset | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Nathan Blisset

G

Gas Go Marching In

Princerock":19ncwdsc said:
Google it....and the answer is.....Macclesfield.

WRONG!

Solihull Moors.

I said he was poo when you signed him but a few of your fans didn't want to believe it.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Gas Go Marching In":3khv64ab said:
Ollieargyle9":3khv64ab said:
the_corkscrew":3khv64ab said:
Gashead here...

Nathan Blissett is not a league 1 footballer. Plain and simple.

He couldn't get in our conference team. I would have called him a nuisance at best and was surprised when you purchased him last season.

We've got a great record recently of taking players from lower league clubs like yourselves and Portsmouth, and making them better. Blissett will be the same.

He is not good enough for league one.

I remember Rovers fans saying exactly the same of Brunt when we signed him for League 2. You will struggle to find a forward that Argyle fans would recommend as highly as Brunty from recent years despite him being seriously injured for a year.

Many Argyle fans who didn't see Isaac Vassell playing for Truro would have laughed when Luton picked him up last year. He left us as a skinny little winger, praised for his pace but not a lot else. At Truro he bulked up and became a viciously fast forward who tore Conference South defences to shreds. After only a year at Luton he has caught the eyes of the likes of Birmingham for a reported £1m plus fee and we're left scratching our heads as to why we lost him for nothing.

Point is footballers grow and develop. I'll take the views of a Rovers fan who hasn't seen him play in 2 seasons with a pinch of salt. He is an unproven entity as far as League football is concerned, a gamble much like Vassell at Birmingham. I would like to see us bring in someone a bit more proven ahead of Blissett as he is a risk at this level but in the last two games and a handful of appearances last year I am yet to see him play so badly I would brand him useless at either level. He is a nightmare to defend against despite needing a bit of confidence and composure on the ball, he is an asset who given time I believe will causes defences more problems not less.

Remember me? Where is Blissett playing now?

No I don't remember you and actually feel quite sorry for you that you remember me or this thread.

Safe to say though we've got bigger concerns right now than Nathan Blissett, have a nice life :wave:

G

Gas Go Marching In

Ollieargyle9":2fk9n4e2 said:
Gas Go Marching In":2fk9n4e2 said:
Ollieargyle9":2fk9n4e2 said:
the_corkscrew":2fk9n4e2 said:
Gashead here...

Nathan Blissett is not a league 1 footballer. Plain and simple.

He couldn't get in our conference team. I would have called him a nuisance at best and was surprised when you purchased him last season.

We've got a great record recently of taking players from lower league clubs like yourselves and Portsmouth, and making them better. Blissett will be the same.

He is not good enough for league one.

I remember Rovers fans saying exactly the same of Brunt when we signed him for League 2. You will struggle to find a forward that Argyle fans would recommend as highly as Brunty from recent years despite him being seriously injured for a year.

Many Argyle fans who didn't see Isaac Vassell playing for Truro would have laughed when Luton picked him up last year. He left us as a skinny little winger, praised for his pace but not a lot else. At Truro he bulked up and became a viciously fast forward who tore Conference South defences to shreds. After only a year at Luton he has caught the eyes of the likes of Birmingham for a reported £1m plus fee and we're left scratching our heads as to why we lost him for nothing.

Point is footballers grow and develop. I'll take the views of a Rovers fan who hasn't seen him play in 2 seasons with a pinch of salt. He is an unproven entity as far as League football is concerned, a gamble much like Vassell at Birmingham. I would like to see us bring in someone a bit more proven ahead of Blissett as he is a risk at this level but in the last two games and a handful of appearances last year I am yet to see him play so badly I would brand him useless at either level. He is a nightmare to defend against despite needing a bit of confidence and composure on the ball, he is an asset who given time I believe will causes defences more problems not less.

Remember me? Where is Blissett playing now?

No I don't remember you and actually feel quite sorry for you that you remember me or this thread.

Safe to say though we've got bigger concerns right now than Nathan Blissett, have a nice life :wave:

You don't want to remember me you mean as you tried to knock down what I told you and have now proven to be correct.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
You seem to be a choppy Gashead all of a sudden!

Please don't bump old threads, there's a good lad.

Site Owner.

G

Gas Go Marching In

IJN":2mepuoy7 said:

Site Owner.

They don't like it up 'em!

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Gas Go Marching In":n6qcnjab said:
IJN":n6qcnjab said:

Site Owner.

Maybe not, but at least we'll always be the best team in our city. It must be heartbreaking to be utterly left in the dust by Bristol City - it's hard to imagine you ever playing a league game against them again.

G

Gas Go Marching In

Brussels Bureaucrat":3kiux61b said:
Gas Go Marching In":3kiux61b said:
IJN":3kiux61b said:

Site Owner.

Maybe not, but at least we'll always be the best team in our city. It must be heartbreaking to be utterly left in the dust by Bristol City - it's hard to imagine you ever playing a league game against them again.

Not really. What we lack in money, finances and infrastructure we make up for it loyalty and passionate supporters. Is there even another team in Plymouth by the way?! Yes we're little Bristol Rovers but we're still ahead of the best team in Plymouth ;)