Nathan Blisset | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Nathan Blisset

G

Gas Go Marching In

Gashead here...

Nathan Blissett is not a league 1 footballer. Plain and simple.

He couldn't get in our conference team. I would have called him a nuisance at best and was surprised when you purchased him last season.

Jun 2, 2016
Gas Go Marching In":2c9wlx3j said:
Gashead here...

He couldn't get in our conference team. I would have called him a nuisance at best and was surprised when you purchased him last season.

We've got a great record recently of taking players from lower league clubs like yourselves and Portsmouth, and making them better. Blissett will be the same.

G

Gas Go Marching In

the_corkscrew":2r95b9ig said:
Gas Go Marching In":2r95b9ig said:
Gashead here...

We've got a great record recently of taking players from lower league clubs like yourselves and Portsmouth, and making them better. Blissett will be the same.

He is not good enough for league one.

Feb 2, 2007
Gas Go Marching In":3tdqvb43 said:
the_corkscrew":3tdqvb43 said:
Gas Go Marching In":3tdqvb43 said:
Gashead here...

Good enough? We will see. Hard to judge when he is playing alongside players of constrained ability.

A bit like a mystery leg spinner in cricket, a target man with outstanding physical attributes, as Blissett undoubtedly has, could be something most L1 defences don't like a lot. Most are used to pacey, skilful frontmen, not dominating target men. Suddenly a nuisance, when playing with quality players like GC10, Jake and Sarcevic becomes a threat and makes all these space hungry players much more of a threat. And completes an attacking strategic jigsaw. Look at Akinfenwa too for further evidence of this phenomena. Charltons defence was clearly concerned by Bliss on Saturday, enough to keep two CDs on him.

As I said previously he's got things to learn on movement, positioning, ball control but Derek has improved most players he's signed and I dare say Bliss will be the same. He wasn't bought as first choice clearly and circumstances have thrust him into that position but I think we could do a lot worse.

G

Gas Go Marching In

nick_PASTIE":2dhotl30 said:
Gas Go Marching In":2dhotl30 said:
the_corkscrew":2dhotl30 said:
Gas Go Marching In":2dhotl30 said:
Gashead here...

Good enough? We will see. Hard to judge when he is playing alongside players of constrained ability.

A bit like a mystery leg spinner in cricket, a target man with outstanding physical attributes, as Blissett undoubtedly has, could be something most L1 defences don't like a lot. Most are used to pacey, skilful frontmen, not dominating target men. Suddenly a nuisance, when playing with quality players like GC10, Jake and Sarcevic becomes a threat and makes all these space hungry players much more of a threat. And completes an attacking strategic jigsaw. Look at Akinfenwa too for further evidence of this phenomena. Charltons defence was clearly concerned by Bliss on Saturday, enough to keep two CDs on him.

As I said previously he's got things to learn on movement, positioning, ball control but Derek has improved most players he's signed and I dare say Bliss will be the same. He wasn't bought as first choice clearly and circumstances have thrust him into that position but I think we could do a lot worse.

Constrained ability? He was playing alongside Matty Taylor, as much as I can't stand the bloke. He was a far better player than Nathan will ever be!

DC has also got the best out of players with limited ability.

He can be a handful at times but he's not great at holding the ball up and his first touch and control is poor.

Dec 8, 2011
Just remember in less than a year he finds himself two leagues higher and was still adjusting to league 2

R

rdr123

Lew1988":1lfmhf6t said:
Just remember in less than a year he finds himself two leagues higher and was still adjusting to league 2

That's it, at the start of last season he was playing in the Conference (or whatever it's called now) and now he's in League 1. Maybe he will just take time to adjust but time will soon tell.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Gas Go Marching In":376f6eku said:
the_corkscrew":376f6eku said:
Gas Go Marching In":376f6eku said:
Gashead here...

I remember Rovers fans saying exactly the same of Brunt when we signed him for League 2. You will struggle to find a forward that Argyle fans would recommend as highly as Brunty from recent years despite him being seriously injured for a year.

Many Argyle fans who didn't see Isaac Vassell playing for Truro would have laughed when Luton picked him up last year. He left us as a skinny little winger, praised for his pace but not a lot else. At Truro he bulked up and became a viciously fast forward who tore Conference South defences to shreds. After only a year at Luton he has caught the eyes of the likes of Birmingham for a reported Ā£1m plus fee and we're left scratching our heads as to why we lost him for nothing.

Point is footballers grow and develop. I'll take the views of a Rovers fan who hasn't seen him play in 2 seasons with a pinch of salt. He is an unproven entity as far as League football is concerned, a gamble much like Vassell at Birmingham. I would like to see us bring in someone a bit more proven ahead of Blissett as he is a risk at this level but in the last two games and a handful of appearances last year I am yet to see him play so badly I would brand him useless at either level. He is a nightmare to defend against despite needing a bit of confidence and composure on the ball, he is an asset who given time I believe will causes defences more problems not less.

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
Gas Go Marching In":1ilpkhze said:
the_corkscrew":1ilpkhze said:
Gas Go Marching In":1ilpkhze said:
Gashead here...

Speaking of not being good enough for League One, how's the table looking for you chaps?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Gas Go Marching In":1ugi34oh said:
Gashead here...

it's how you rain them old chap.

G

Gas Go Marching In

landons forehead":11nswj1s said:
Gas Go Marching In":11nswj1s said:
the_corkscrew":11nswj1s said:
Gas Go Marching In":11nswj1s said:
Gashead here...

Speaking of not being good enough for League One, how's the table looking for you chaps?

Haha, you've been here for two seconds and think you're the dog's bollocks!

May I remind you how well you started the 15/16 season. Coincidentally, we started it poorly.
Fast forward 9 months and tell me, who ended up getting promoted and who ended up bottling it! :funny:

G

Gas Go Marching In

Ollieargyle9":39oaqf6s said:
Gas Go Marching In":39oaqf6s said:
the_corkscrew":39oaqf6s said:
Gas Go Marching In":39oaqf6s said:
Gashead here...

I remember Rovers fans saying exactly the same of Brunt when we signed him for League 2. You will struggle to find a forward that Argyle fans would recommend as highly as Brunty from recent years despite him being seriously injured for a year.

Many Argyle fans who didn't see Isaac Vassell playing for Truro would have laughed when Luton picked him up last year. He left us as a skinny little winger, praised for his pace but not a lot else. At Truro he bulked up and became a viciously fast forward who tore Conference South defences to shreds. After only a year at Luton he has caught the eyes of the likes of Birmingham for a reported Ā£1m plus fee and we're left scratching our heads as to why we lost him for nothing.

Point is footballers grow and develop. I'll take the views of a Rovers fan who hasn't seen him play in 2 seasons with a pinch of salt. He is an unproven entity as far as League football is concerned, a gamble much like Vassell at Birmingham. I would like to see us bring in someone a bit more proven ahead of Blissett as he is a risk at this level but in the last two games and a handful of appearances last year I am yet to see him play so badly I would brand him useless at either level. He is a nightmare to defend against despite needing a bit of confidence and composure on the ball, he is an asset who given time I believe will causes defences more problems not less.

Brunt was not bad and looked good when he had the chance but he was the same with us, just too injury prone. And you have to remember he was only 20 when he joined us and we had a shocking team back then.

From what I have seen of Vassell, I actually think Ā£1mil would prove to be a bit of a bargain in the current market!

I haven't seen Bliss for a while but the things your fans are saying are similar to what we were when he was with us. Maybe he will prove me wrong and have a career in league one but I highly doubt it.

G

Gas Go Marching In

Ollieargyle9":2iz0ny8y said:
Gas Go Marching In":2iz0ny8y said:
the_corkscrew":2iz0ny8y said:
Gas Go Marching In":2iz0ny8y said:
Gashead here...

Remember me? Where is Blissett playing now?

Jan 30, 2017
Gas Go Marching In":1l0cbbnt said:
Ollieargyle9":1l0cbbnt said:
the_corkscrew":1l0cbbnt said:
Gashead here...

Remember me? Where is Blissett playing now?

Have a day off, it's Christmas.