Nadir Ciftci to join on loan? - Now Confirmed! | Page 15 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Nadir Ciftci to join on loan? - Now Confirmed!

Aug 5, 2005
X Isle":311riija said:
Quizmike":311riija said:
X Isle":311riija said:
Good stuff, Argyle can do no more than sign him, welcome aboard son :clap:

However...the Baggo article ends with what is hopefully just a standard 'subject to clearance'.

Now I have no wish to go looking for potential flies in the ointment here but something jumped out at me on Wikipedia, namely his last loan...

Pogoń Szczecin (loan) 16 February 2017, Ciftci joined Polish club Pogoń Szczecin on a loan deal until the end of the season. He had a disappointing spell there after failing to net a single goal in eight appearances. In the start of June 2017, Ciftci suffered an ankle injury and was sent back home to Celtic.

I know nothing of the timings of the Polish league season, I know little more about international transfer regulations. Something in a deep crevice of my memory from the days we used to sign players who had played oversees however recalls that multiple international transfers were not allowed in either a calendar year or within the same season.

I am always impressed with the knowledge of obscure rules and regulations that some contributors to this site have. So can anyone out there confirm at what date (by international convention) does one season end and another begin and thus if his playing for Pogon Szczenin as recently as June might cause him to fall foul of that rule?

Polish league started 14th July, so June is not a problem

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017%E2%8 ... kstraklasa

ETA - The 2016/17 season finished on 4th June
Cheers QM :thumbup:

Next question, was I imagining a multiple international transfer rule or is that historic now?

A player can be registered with a maximum of three clubs in a season but can only play for two. So for example, a player can be registered with Argyle and still be sent out on loan to two different clubs in a season, but wouldn't be able to play for Argyle.

The above is regardless of countries, so there's no international restrictions

All the rules are here

https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affede ... _33410.pdf

Aug 24, 2011
I'm going to buy a home shirt with his...oh wait, ok I will buy an away shirt with his.....oh....I see, ok I will just wish him well!

May 21, 2015
X Isle":3qvafcmo said:
Next question, was I imagining a multiple international transfer rule or is that historic now?
I think Hatem Ben Arfa fell foul of the rule you're thinking of?

EDIT:
Quizmike (somewhat fittingly) with the answer :nworthy:

Quizmike":3qvafcmo said:
A player can be registered with a maximum of three clubs in a season but can only play for two. So for example, a player can be registered with Argyle and still be sent out on loan to two different clubs in a season, but wouldn't be able to play for Argyle.

The above is regardless of countries, so there's no international restrictions

All the rules are here

https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affede ... _33410.pdf

Jan 2, 2006
jerryatricjanner":1a3b4qm2 said:
My Celtic fanatic mate tells me he is better than Cillian Sheridan but he is A huffy big tw*t, which I guess in Scottish parlance means he has a bit of an attitude. A bit of a risk but I like to think Adams will get the best out of him.

To be honest he has barely played for Celtic so their fans may not be very well placed to tell you what he is like. Ask a Dundee united fan....

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Welcome aboard the good ship Mayflower. :thumbs:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Hell yeah, I think he'll enjoy PAFC more, after all we have decent fans. :scarf:

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
BojanTheGreat":2rqvr7ca said:
jerryatricjanner":2rqvr7ca said:
My Celtic fanatic mate tells me he is better than Cillian Sheridan but he is A huffy big tw*t, which I guess in Scottish parlance means he has a bit of an attitude. A bit of a risk but I like to think Adams will get the best out of him.

To be honest he has barely played for Celtic so their fans may not be very well placed to tell you what he is like. Ask a Dundee united fan....

Fair comment but Ashley Barnes didn't play much for us but most Argyle fans would know about his general demeanour and attitude.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
There is a certain sort of player who I absolutely hate when they are playing against us for another team. Players like Danny Hilton and Gary Roberts - very effective but always making a fuss about something and winding people up. David Luiz is another who would fall into this category if he was at our level.

I always suspect that I would change my tune and that I would rather enjoy it if they played for Argyle. I have a feeling Ciftci might be this type of player...

Aug 13, 2006
Cornwall
This is exciting stuff. He's obviously got bags of ability and DA has the knack of getting the best out of players. Can't wait until Saturday:)