Nadir Ciftci to join on loan? - Now Confirmed! | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Nadir Ciftci to join on loan? - Now Confirmed!

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Let's hope this sees him getting back to his pre-Celtic form. It may take him a while to get up to speed (I hope fans give him a chance!) but he certainly has the potential to be a really good signing.

Jul 29, 2010
Good stuff, Argyle can do no more than sign him, welcome aboard son :clap:

However...the Baggo article ends with what is hopefully just a standard 'subject to clearance'.

Now I have no wish to go looking for potential flies in the ointment here but something jumped out at me on Wikipedia, namely his last loan...

Pogoń Szczecin (loan) 16 February 2017, Ciftci joined Polish club Pogoń Szczecin on a loan deal until the end of the season. He had a disappointing spell there after failing to net a single goal in eight appearances. In the start of June 2017, Ciftci suffered an ankle injury and was sent back home to Celtic.

I know nothing of the timings of the Polish league season, I know little more about international transfer regulations. Something in a deep crevice of my memory from the days we used to sign players who had played oversees however recalls that multiple international transfers were not allowed in either a calendar year or within the same season.

I am always impressed with the knowledge of obscure rules and regulations that some contributors to this site have. So can anyone out there confirm at what date (by international convention) does one season end and another begin and thus if his playing for Pogon Szczenin as recently as June might cause him to fall foul of that rule?

Aug 5, 2005
X Isle":2vvi7t00 said:

However...the Baggo article ends with what is hopefully just a standard 'subject to clearance'.

Now I have no wish to go looking for potential flies in the ointment here but something jumped out at me on Wikipedia, namely his last loan...

Pogoń Szczecin (loan) 16 February 2017, Ciftci joined Polish club Pogoń Szczecin on a loan deal until the end of the season. He had a disappointing spell there after failing to net a single goal in eight appearances. In the start of June 2017, Ciftci suffered an ankle injury and was sent back home to Celtic.

I know nothing of the timings of the Polish league season, I know little more about international transfer regulations. Something in a deep crevice of my memory from the days we used to sign players who had played oversees however recalls that multiple international transfers were not allowed in either a calendar year or within the same season.

I am always impressed with the knowledge of obscure rules and regulations that some contributors to this site have. So can anyone out there confirm at what date (by international convention) does one season end and another begin and thus if his playing for Pogon Szczenin as recently as June might cause him to fall foul of that rule?

Polish league started 14th July, so June is not a problem

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017%E2%8 ... kstraklasa

ETA - The 2016/17 season finished on 4th June

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Keepitgreen":2cjlne8t said:
Social media going into meltdown with him being an "awesome" signing. Really? We're taking a chance hoping/believing that Derek can tame him and get him on track.

This for me.

May 8, 2011
IJN":2tiyg4wh said:
Keepitgreen":2tiyg4wh said:
Social media going into meltdown with him being an "awesome" signing. Really? We're taking a chance hoping/believing that Derek can tame him and get him on track.

This for me.

Who has tamed Derek Adams, he once got an 18 game touchline ban!

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
His last game for that Polish team was at the end of April. According to The Scottish Sun (sorry for mentioning them), he was back in Glasgow by mid-May.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Is he here...... oh never mind welcome Nadir :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

May 21, 2015
The hype I've seen on twitter is a little silly ("announce L1 title" etc), and there's a lot a questions still to be answered.
But somewhere in Ciftci there's a quality player who can do very well at our level. Its whether he and Argyle can work together to really harness the potential we've seen in the past.
Fingers crossed!

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
My Celtic fanatic mate tells me he is better than Cillian Sheridan but he is A huffy big tw*t, which I guess in Scottish parlance means he has a bit of an attitude. A bit of a risk but I like to think Adams will get the best out of him.

Jul 29, 2010
Quizmike":21njh4w4 said:
X Isle":21njh4w4 said:

Polish league started 14th July, so June is not a problem

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017%E2%8 ... kstraklasa

ETA - The 2016/17 season finished on 4th June
Cheers QM :thumbup:

Next question, was I imagining a multiple international transfer rule or is that historic now?