Millwall release Gregg into the Wylde | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Millwall release Gregg into the Wylde

Jul 29, 2010
Not quite sure how much improvement he could have made in Millwall and Northampton's reserve teams given he played just five games for the former and 12 games for the latter over half a season for each. He played less than half the available games for Northampton and just a fifth for Millwall.

With the exception of one season for St Mirren and one for us he has been a bit part player everywhere he's been. His eyecatching pace and trickery have therefore won him just two full seasons of usage, everywhere else his lack of end product has seen him dropped.

And let us not forget that even in those two full seasons he didn't impress. St Mirren fans were delighted we took him off their hands and the majority here lost very few tears on his departure last summer.

As someone said yesterday, like Nelson, Hartley and Reid he wasn't part of the side that got us out of league 2, he was part of a side that fell short of being good enough in a league lower than we find ourselves now.

I will be disappointed if we sign Gregg Wylde again. We have better convertors of a good cross here now in Taylor and Blissett...but they do need a good cross. Will we get the opportunity in L1 for our left winger to provide ten crosses a game?, Wylde needs ten to average just one that one of our strikers can work with.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Knibbsworth":3uf4hbw7 said:
I didn't see any evidence that Wylde had anywhere near enough quality with that errant left foot of his, to play on the right wing and cut inside to do some damage with it.

Kennedy hit five goals from distance and picked out top corners, can you see Wylde doing this? He couldn't even find the 18 yard box with a cross at times.

:lol:

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
Like a geek I've just looked on his twitter where a chap is wishing him luck next week (this week) Set up for a trial somewhere I assume, can't imagine a trial would be with us (even if we didn't have any wingers). I loved his passion.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
earl grey":2yt23zlz said:
Like a geek I've just looked on his twitter where a chap is wishing him luck next week (this week) Set up for a trial somewhere I assume, can't imagine a trial would be with us (even if we didn't have any wingers). I loved his passion.

Is that love, joy, hatred, anger or greed? On the football pitch?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Quintrell_Green":6g6tozua said:
earl grey":6g6tozua said:

Is that love, joy, hatred, anger or greed? On the football pitch?

Street play in Lewisham. He played Judas Iscariot.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth