Millwall release Gregg into the Wylde | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Millwall release Gregg into the Wylde

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
I'll take him as a squad player. In the right type of game, he's a very useful style of player to have. We don't have much genuine pace and he can get defenders on the back foot. Whilst his delivery is very hit and miss, by getting us further up the pitch it creates space for other players.

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
Nobby":9eprwad2 said:
I'll take him as a squad player. In the right type of game, he's a very useful style of player to have. We don't have much genuine pace and he can get defenders on the back foot. Whilst his delivery is very hit and miss, by getting us further up the pitch it creates space for other players.

Exactly this, I was one of the ones gutted to see him go last year and felt we needed him in our set up last season. Keep him on a year as a squad player. He will know the score, as will we.

I'd embrace him.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Going through his Instagram account, seems like he is reaching out to come back here.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
It didn't work out for him but I'm really not sure why people criticise Wylde for moving to a bigger club in a higher league, he's not an Argyle fan, he's a professional footballer and he wanted to advance his career. :crazy: :crazy:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Yes, he wanted to advance his career and it didn't work out in League 1.

Fair enough, but why should we want a player back who didn't perform at the level we are now in?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
davie nine":3qaaoxim said:
Yes, he wanted to advance his career and it didn't work out in League 1.

Fair enough, but why should we want a player back who didn't perform at the level we are now in?

I didn't say in my post that I'm itching to have him back, I'm just saying that I don't see why he should criticised for moving to Millwall.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
McCormick was released by a League 2 side (Oxford)
Threlkeld was released by a League 1 side (Bolton)
Bradley was released by a League 2 side (Portsmouth)
Sawyer was released by a League 2 side (Orient)
Sarecevic was released by a League 1 side (Shrewsbury)
Fox was released by a League 2 side (Crewe)
Carey was released by a Scottish second tier side (St Mirren)
Taylor was released by a League 1 side (Oxford)
Brunt was released by a conference side (Bristol Rovers)

To be honest I don't really underestimate or write anyone off under our current management. If Adams does bring Wylde back then he obviously believes that he can get the best out him in League 1.

Dec 22, 2010
north devon
please please No. Im sure he would like to come back probably because no one else would want him. Not good enough for us.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
with the exception of his royal highness king tommy tynan i am against returning players.i am old enough to remember colin Randell coming back.

Aug 30, 2016
Peverell
Steve Evans":3sh3q0yt said:
with the exception of his royal highness king tommy tynan i am against returning players.i am old enough to remember colin Randell coming back.
I thought Mickey Evans and Paul Wotton did a decent job second time around.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
4evergreen":1ye1keh1 said:
Steve Evans":1ye1keh1 said:
that is a very fair observation.

Jul 1, 2008
Southway
Steve Evans":2b96p48h said:
4evergreen":2b96p48h said:
Steve Evans":2b96p48h said:
that is a very fair observation.

And Luke

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Steve Evans":2lb8xu4t said:

McCormick?

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Steve Evans":173lz087 said:

I appreciate the sentiment, but I don't think Tommy could cut it in L1 now.