Michael Cooper | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Michael Cooper

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Nannygreenthing":2vrijo05 said:
All this talk of throwing a youngster in at the deep end does anyone remember when Romain was injured Sturrock threw Luke in and look how he turned out, OK so he made a few mistakes to start with but he soon became a good goalkeeper and Argyle were promoted to the championship as champions that year . also if we get a goalkeeper for one or two games will he be that interested in whether we win or lose ? I will now go and put my tin hat on !

I'd agree with that and also add that if an eighteen year old can play for England why is it that an Argyle youngster of about the same age is deemed not old enough. No wonder we have problems if we don't bring on our youngsters. We have a good striker and a good goalie both youngsters with loads of enthusiasm. :scarf:

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
X Isle":45ljepjn said:
vibratingspider":45ljepjn said:
Keepitgreen":45ljepjn said:
ping_g5":45ljepjn said:
If our circumstances were different, mid-table for example, defence looking sold, I'd definitely say give him his head and put him in the team and I reckon DA probably would to. However, being where we are and playing the 4 teams directly above in in the next few weeks - games we need to win, I'm not so sure it's a good idea at this time.
This.
I know this is totally off topic, but these kind of replies are a bit daft. I know it's good to show support to other posts, but I wonder whether we should adopt a +1/-1 approach to posts, where if someone agrees they can just click an "Agree" or "Disagree" button to say so. Adding a new post just to say "Agreed." or "This." seems a bit dappy to me. It's nothing against the guy above, it's more highlighting a limitation of the site - think we should move with the times a little.

Sorry for going totally off-topic btw :whistle:
No thanks, adding a like/dislike option would just add to the facetw@tterfication of the site. As a species we've coped perfectly well with words since we first began to communicate.

Smileys are acceptable as they convey the HUMAN emotion concerned. But numbers are a 'binary' form of expression and are best left to computers...

..."Human says no" :wink:
I kinda knew that would be your view, quite honestly! :cool:

Aug 5, 2016
Keepitgreen":26q6lmws said:
Knibbsworth":26q6lmws said:
briangreen":26q6lmws said:
So now we're comparing the champions league to league 1? Interesting....
Argyle have a number of very decent young players who individually could shame many of the first team players who need to step up their efforts and maintain some consistency.
Louis Rooney was quite decent for us, but I think Dan has even more potential. Thing is with Cameron he's maybe more DA's type of player which is no reflection on him or any others of his age group.

I'm comparing situations where 18 year olds were thrown in like senior players, and perhaps were not ready to cope with the pressure and the standard.

Cooper has been used to SWPL performances, the tenth tier of English football. That alone is a step up from U18s football. Suddenly he is needed in the third tier, where the pace and style of play is drastically different.

For anyone out there working as a welder, electrician, solicitor or accountant, why not take an 18 year old apprentice from your workplace and give him/her some of the assignments that the experienced professionals deal with. Leave him/her alone to do it with no guidance and just trust it will be done to excellent standards. It is essentially what some fans want Adams to do, but I'm not sure many would stake it all on the teenage apprentices in their own workplaces.

The reality is that working up to a certain standard takes time, experience and development. In two years time of training with the senior players, playing cup and reserves matches, working his way up to number two and showing good form, Cooper might be ready. Now is realistically a bit before his time.
I don't think that those highlighted will thank you for comparing their professions with, what is really a simple game, football.

A lot more people make it as professional electricians, solicitors, welders and accountants in the UK than footballers. The starting pool for footballers is much wider too. So technically speaking, playing at League One level is a tough jump in standard and a rare achievement for an 18 year old.

Apr 5, 2008
Thought Adams might have picked him again for sat

Who cares about his age,if he is good enough then he should be in on merit.

Wasn't their an 18 year old playing in the Champions league this week??

Yet our 18 year old not considered good enough for league one :funny:

Poor lad.I'd ask for move away from Argyle,must really knock his confidence,when the manager doesnt think your good enough

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
moles40":1m4jdej0 said:
Thought Adams might have picked him again for sat

Who cares about his age,if he is good enough then he should be in on merit.

Wasn't their an 18 year old playing in the Champions league this week??

Yet our 18 year old not considered good enough for league one :funny:

Poor lad.I'd ask for move away from Argyle,must really knock his confidence,when the manager doesnt think your good enough

Indeed, and look what happened to him on his debut in the CL! :lol:

Michael Cooper's time will come...