Luton | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Luton

A

Always Faithful

An away day at Luton is like marmite. Personally it's one of the first I look for when the fixtures are released in June. The seats in the way end are so small that people tend to stand for the whole game. Last seasons late winner meant a lot of people lost their shins! The roof is low but the acoustics are great for the atmosphere. Would imagine we'll have over 1000 there which is more than we've taken for the last 2 seasons. There aren't many away games where the home fans come close to our away support for singing but this one is usually a little taste of what it'll be like when we start climbing the leagues.
In relation to parking, from memory the car parks around the town centre aren't too expensive. Last season they put on buses from a couple of pubs near the train station, which go directly to the ground. The Rose and Crown was one I think and possibly the Bricklayers Arms.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Leaving in about 5 hours time, few beers on arrival, a good kip and 3 points. Well that's the plan anyway.

Sep 13, 2003
Cobi Budge":c3trmy10 said:
Vampires11":c3trmy10 said:
Been to Estadio da Luz recently.........is that a lego stadium??? If it is, can we have one???

I'm not referring to new builds in general, many modern stadiums are fantastic because they've been built with real character, such as Brighton's Lamex stadium.

By Lego, I'm referring more to Shrewsbury Chesterfield, Colchester etc, even Leicester and Southampton as well at a higher level. Just boring symmetrical stadiums without a much of a soul.

Surely it's the fans which give the stadiums a soul. Look at most of the 80's football grounds....awful stadiums but had cracking atmospheres. Or look at somewhere like Huddersfield Towns stadium....very unique design and aesthetically pleasing (was ahead of its time when constructed) but completely lacking in any form of atmosphere. Would rather watch a match at Kenilworth Road any day of the week.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Traditional or new build, Premier League or lower League, I try not to rate a stadium based upon the away end experience. Away supporters tend to receive the very basic of facilities which is understandable but probably nowhere near what you find elsewhere in grounds.