Lameiras (to Oldham or Bradford?) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lameiras (to Oldham or Bradford?)

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
djg145":kwz8vb25 said:
Why do Managers buy players, who naturally do not fit into the Managers way of playing the game?

Surely the best way is to buy players and fit the tactics around their best abilities.

Much better then trying to put a square peg in a round hole.

The amount of times clubs buy players and then either try to play them not in their natural position - the question is WHY?

I don't think that is necessarily the reason. As has been alluded to before, he was most likely brought in as a replacement for Carey, but we were all surprised and delighted when he re-signed for us - all except Lameiras I guess!

Sep 6, 2006
Knibbsworth":3k1uyosu said:
MarkMatthews":3k1uyosu said:
Cobi Budge":3k1uyosu said:
Niche player. It's blatantly obvious that he has talent, but it's also blatantly obvious that he's a specific type of player who would benefit a specific system. No point in holding onto him, even if he does go on to do well elsewhere which I believe he will, it'll still have been the correct decision to let him go.

Surely this is the wrong way around? He should be playing a system to get the most out of his players. Not the other way around. At least if you want to do it that way, sign players who will fit. Too many of his signings donā€™t fit his system. Poor management.

I'd rather we play a system that gets the best out of the dominant players (Carey) rather than trying to squeeze Lameiras in, and put some physicality around him because he can't tackle or protect the ball.

What other signings than Lameiras don't fit his system? So many critics of Adams don't seem to realise that some players need to be reserves. Some of them won't even fit in the match day squad if we aim for two players per position.

Ainsworth and Wylde haven't been wasted signings, they just haven't been required because the likes of Grant, Carey and Jervis have been fit all season and they are DA's preferred widemen.

Unbelievable. You are suggesting Grant has been undroppable. He is playing as a second left back as da so defensive. Will never beat a full back. Wylde and Ainsworth don't suit that role so why sign them? Cifci is another example. So that makes FOUR.

Aug 5, 2016
Balham_Green":29eu3o9y said:
Knibbsworth":29eu3o9y said:
MarkMatthews":29eu3o9y said:
Cobi Budge":29eu3o9y said:
Niche player. It's blatantly obvious that he has talent, but it's also blatantly obvious that he's a specific type of player who would benefit a specific system. No point in holding onto him, even if he does go on to do well elsewhere which I believe he will, it'll still have been the correct decision to let him go.

Surely this is the wrong way around? He should be playing a system to get the most out of his players. Not the other way around. At least if you want to do it that way, sign players who will fit. Too many of his signings donā€™t fit his system. Poor management.

I'd rather we play a system that gets the best out of the dominant players (Carey) rather than trying to squeeze Lameiras in, and put some physicality around him because he can't tackle or protect the ball.

What other signings than Lameiras don't fit his system? So many critics of Adams don't seem to realise that some players need to be reserves. Some of them won't even fit in the match day squad if we aim for two players per position.

Ainsworth and Wylde haven't been wasted signings, they just haven't been required because the likes of Grant, Carey and Jervis have been fit all season and they are DA's preferred widemen.

Unbelievable. You are suggesting Grant has been undroppable. He is playing as a second left back as da so defensive. Will never beat a full back. Wylde and Ainsworth don't suit that role so why sign them? Cifci is another example. So that makes FOUR.

He has played Ainsworth, so it's not that DA doesn't trust him, it's just that he prefers the merits of Jervis, Carey and Grant.

Tell me a manager that does not have some idea of a starting team where some players play a lot more than others?

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Emu":32lmfg5m said:
djg145":32lmfg5m said:
Why do Managers buy players, who naturally do not fit into the Managers way of playing the game?

Surely the best way is to buy players and fit the tactics around their best abilities.

Much better then trying to put a square peg in a round hole.

The amount of times clubs buy players and then either try to play them not in their natural position - the question is WHY?

I don't think that is necessarily the reason. As has been alluded to before, he was most likely brought in as a replacement for Carey, but we were all surprised and delighted when he re-signed for us - all except Lameiras I guess!

Yep, that's the way I see it too. Was completely underwhelmed at the time.

Sep 6, 2006
Knibbsworth":1h1msnn7 said:
Balham_Green":1h1msnn7 said:
Knibbsworth":1h1msnn7 said:
MarkMatthews":1h1msnn7 said:
Cobi Budge":1h1msnn7 said:

He has played Ainsworth, so it's not that DA doesn't trust him, it's just that he prefers the merits of Jervis, Carey and Grant.

Tell me a manager that does not have some idea of a starting team where some players play a lot more than others?

You make it sound as though everybody has done so well that Ainsworth just has not been able to force his way in. What does it say about a player that he rarely gets a chance in a team STILL in the bottom 4 with a very poor scoring record and unable to replace the likes of |Grant who IMO is a League 2 player? Again you are deluded.

Jul 18, 2011
Balham_Green":2cboh79m said:
Knibbsworth":2cboh79m said:
Balham_Green":2cboh79m said:
Knibbsworth":2cboh79m said:
MarkMatthews":2cboh79m said:
Cobi Budge":2cboh79m said:

You make it sound as though everybody has done so well that Ainsworth just has not been able to force his way in. What does it say about a player that he rarely gets a chance in a team STILL in the bottom 4 with a very poor scoring record and unable to replace the likes of |Grant who IMO is a League 2 player? Again you are deluded.

Why is it that you seem unable to reply to anyone elseā€™s opinion without throwing in an insult? You really are the most consistently unpleasant poster on this site and thatā€™s saying something.

Sep 6, 2006
'Deluded' shock horror. Get over it snowflake. Hardly an insult. I've been called worse on hear even by the site owner! But thats Okay.

Pootle's Pom Pom

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Mar 13, 2009
Trowbridge or Bristol
Balham_Green":1hv66hhv said:
'Deluded' shock horror. Get over it snowflake. Hardly an insult. I've been called worse on hear even by the site owner! But thats Okay.

So someone doesn't agree with you high and mighty opinion and it is 'unbelievable' and they are 'deluded'.

But because you're you, you can't resist having a dig all the time, so any valid point you make is overlooked as you just appear confrontational.

Sep 6, 2006
Pootle's Pom Pom":2dlkbrye said:
Balham_Green":2dlkbrye said:

So someone doesn't agree with you high and mighty opinion and it is 'unbelievable' and they are 'deluded'.

But because you're you, you can't resist having a dig all the time, so any valid point you make is overlooked as you just appear confrontational.

Well I can't help it if some people talk complete nonsense!

Jan 22, 2016
Balham_Green":foptgqjm said:
Knibbsworth":foptgqjm said:
Balham_Green":foptgqjm said:
Knibbsworth":foptgqjm said:
MarkMatthews":foptgqjm said:
Cobi Budge":foptgqjm said:

That's completely unfair. He has said DA prefers them, not that they can't be dropped or are unable to force their way in.

Unless of course you know for a fact that Knibbsworth is actually DA :greensmile: