Lameiras (to Oldham or Bradford?) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lameiras (to Oldham or Bradford?)

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
small change nothing to be gained either way.... the bigger question is who does Adams recruit in January to get us out of a relegation position...

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Cracking signing Derek. Good to see Argyle sponsor another player's wages for 6 months of doing nothing. Now when are Wylde, Ness and Ainsworth getting their next move after their Plymouth R&R?

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
UK maybe rugby union is your game. You can play 15 players in that game which seems to be your gripe

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Isn't what we need IMO, if we can get him off the wage bill and onto someone else's without paying him off then brilliant.

He may well be a good little player but he's not what we need right now. Personally I think it's Carey or nobody in the talisman role. Unless you have a player like Carey who offers something really special then with Adams' system I'd rather see us play as a team and not through one player.

Good luck to him but we simply don't have a role for him to fill at the moment.

Aug 5, 2016
up_the_line":n632faz5 said:
Cracking signing Derek. Good to see Argyle sponsor another player's wages for 6 months of doing nothing. Now when are Wylde, Ness and Ainsworth getting their next move after their Plymouth R&R?

What would you do with the team if Grant was injured, Carey serves a suspension and Jervis can't play either (Edited Admin, let's not go down that road)? Try not to include Lameiras, Wylde, Ness or Ainsworth in your answer if you're genuinely advocating getting rid of the lot.

The reality is Adams has had bad luck with injuries, but Grant, Jervis and Carey have been available for 95% of matches. So the backup options to those positions haven't been required, unlike at CB, side back, CM and in goal.

Carey had to sit out one game and Ainsworth came in and contributed on the right wing at Bradford away. Unfortunately the best player of any team usually walks back into his position and that had to be the case with Carey.

A few injuries over Xmas and we'll need Ainsworth and Wylde soon enough.

Jul 6, 2011
If the past 2 season ends are anything to go by then we definitely need to at least hold onto Ainsworth, because its about that time that Carey has his cr@p period and we win nothing or very little.

Feb 28, 2016
Seemed to be one of those personalities, that other people would light up when around. Not sure losing a character like that when things are looking on the bleak side of bleak, is something to be celebrated regardless off his ability and first team chances.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Steve.PAFC2012":32mpk9h7 said:
Greenarmy11":32mpk9h7 said:
Ridiculous how he ain’t had a chance. Carey ain’t even that good
:facepalm:

Arguably the best Flair player and set play deliverer in the past 8 years.

Absolute carp player :roll:

Nov 28, 2017
But misses the opportunity to play a simple pass at crucial moments in a game to play players though.. but let’s forget about that because he will score a screamer 1 in 8 attempts

Feb 2, 2007
Most assists last season so does set up others and scores enough. Fantastic player IMO, in a better team he would be even more valuable as he would get more space and support.

Very loyal too.

Feb 28, 2016
Tugboat":9yydn25v said:
Steve.PAFC2012":9yydn25v said:
Greenarmy11":9yydn25v said:
Ridiculous how he ain’t had a chance. Carey ain’t even that good
:facepalm:

Arguably the best Flair player and set play deliverer in the past 8 years.

Absolute carp player :roll:

How many free kicks has he scored?On that alone and without looking it up I bet in the last 8 years both Luke Young and Tyler Harvey will have a better free kick scoring ratio than Carey.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Mark, I really hope that you're not suggesting Young and Harvey were/are on the same level as Carey....

If you're speaking solely in terms of set piece taking, Luke had a very decent free kick on him. I remember an absolute pearl away at Barnet in Edgar Davids' first game in charge.

I can't recall Harvey taking many at first team level.