Is Derek the right manager? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Is Derek the right manager?

Feb 28, 2016
No! Hope he is gone as soon as possible. Out of work managers who would want the job and we could afford, Stan Ternent and Lennie Lawrence the top of my list until the end of the season at least. Too much talent lost under his complete lack of skills at being able to develop players, who he himself has taken on, there can be no excuses for that and he needs to go before he does anymore damage to fledgling careers.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
MarkMatthews":1zfha69z said:
No! Hope he is gone as soon as possible. Out of work managers who would want the job and we could afford, Stan Ternent and Lennie Lawrence the top of my list until the end of the season at least. Too much talent lost under his complete lack of skills at being able to develop players, who he himself has taken on, there can be no excuses for that and he needs to go before he does anymore damage to fledgling careers.

Blimey! 1990 called and wants those managers back!

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
MarkMatthews":5sbzqqmr said:

Serious question Mark, because honestly, I can't take you seriously.

What would you rather do.

Be relegated and mediocre in League Two, but playing youngsters.

or

Compete in League One without them?

Further to this, if they do make the first team, at what age will you complain that he's retained his position and the next youngster isn't getting a look in?

My thoughts on DA. Absolutely the right man for this football club.

May 8, 2011
MarkMatthews":32zu1fi7 said:

In the two and a bit years I struggle to work out what talent has been lost, that wasn’t because of the players own decision to leave.

Feb 28, 2016
Mediocre in Division 4 with so called senior players is exactly where he his heading. The last thing we need is a young and inexperienced (in English third tier, football) manager like Adams. I do wonder what being bottom of division 3 will do for his confidence as well, a relegation could shatter him, therefore it would be best for everyone to sack him now! I would much rather an experienced head like Lawrence or Ternent in charge. English football is a big step up from Scottish and just because he looked good up there doesn't mean he is good enough to manage in England. We are not competitive in Division 3 under Adams that is why we are bottom in November!

If he didn't think he could make pro players out of Fletcher, Bentley and Rose in 12 months, then why did he take them on on one season deals?

I hope if Pl2 decides he wishes to work past retirement age he isn't subjected to the patronising, ageist attitudes he displays to OAPs with his unfunny and unoriginal "banter."

Feb 28, 2016
HC Green":yju2dl07 said:
MarkMatthews":yju2dl07 said:

In the two and a bit years I struggle to work out what talent has been lost, that wasn’t because of the players own decision to leave.

Ben Steer, Jack Calver, Bill Palfrey, Louis Rooney, Callum Hall, Ryan Lane, Cory Harvey..... Does that jog your memory?

Likely to go the same way, Jordan Bentley, Callum Rose, Alex Battle, Dan Rooney, Aaron Taylor and Sam Ryan.

A

andyr1963

He is the GREEN MESSIAH and god knows I have followed a few.
Trust him, it will not be pretty but he will get us to the Championship in 2019 :greensmile:

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Yes because he is currently the one managing us

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
andyr1963":3ic19c3l said:
He is the GREEN MESSIAH and god knows I have followed a few.
Trust him, it will not be pretty but he will get us to the Championship in 2019 :greensmile:

“He’s not the messiah, he’s a very HAUGHTY young man!”

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
I find Derek’s negative football dull and boring, we are bottom of the league, he substitutions are bizarre, he is stubborn to the point of self inflicting pain to prove a point, he treats post match interviews to insult fans intelligence and his signings this year have been woeful.

Now, however, is not the time for change as if that was going to happen it would needed to have been a month ago. He has gained us a run, stopped the ill disciplined behaviour, got a plan and clearly wants to put right the carnage.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
He's earned himself more time with recent results but long term I don't think I can take the constant negative football.

Im not expecting entertaining football week in and week out but i would like to at least go to HP knowing we will at least give it a go.

Jul 12, 2016
No.His biggest failing is that he is managing Argyle not Man' United or Barcelona.He is a text book manager who will continue with his tactics because this is the modern way to play football.Unfortunately IMO our players are being over coached for this level of football.

Oct 24, 2013
My opinion of course, but the presence of yet another thread about DA’s merits just underlines the division currently evident both within the fan base and between the manager (and by extension the club) and a minority of the fans. There is a vocal minority, on here at least, who evidently have made their minds up about our manager and some who perplexingly apparently formed this opinion even as the man delivered a promotion season. People of this opinion won’t be swayed. Which you could call stubbornness, which is ironic given that is a primary reason for their criticism of our manager.

We have had a really poor start to the season, clearly. But the ship is turning around. Matthews looks a really decent keeper for this level, Carey has sorted his head out, Diagouraga has brought composure to the midfield and the players have become more disciplined. Taylor is back shortly.

I would love to see threads like this sit on the back burner and DA be left to do his job.

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Obviously the current unbeaten run has given Adams some breathing space, but we are still far from convincing.

Long may this run continue, to hopefully keep us in contention come January when we can HOPEFULLY rectify the dire striker issues that we have.

As a critic calling for his head, more than pleased at the current developments.

BUT he has far from 'turned things around'. We are still in a terrible position and only actually getting us out of it will constitute a success now.

For now, lets just be pleased we are not losing.

Aug 5, 2016
MarkMatthews":3ej61kfp said:
HC Green":3ej61kfp said:
MarkMatthews":3ej61kfp said:

Ben Steer, Jack Calver, Bill Palfrey, Louis Rooney, Callum Hall, Ryan Lane, Cory Harvey..... Does that jog your memory?

Likely to go the same way, Jordan Bentley, Callum Rose, Alex Battle, Dan Rooney, Aaron Taylor and Sam Ryan.

So it's Derek Adams's fault that 6 young lads a season don't become professionals playing in our first team?

When has this ever happened in the UK at any football club? Thirteen professionals made in two seasons?

Your belief in the quality of our youth players is delusional. A lot of these young players lost to Ivybridge the other night, scrapping at the bottom of the 10th tier of English football. And you seem to have no idea why Derek Adams doesn't drop Sonny Bradley for Callum Rose and the like, all across the pitch.