Hourihane!!!! | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Hourihane!!!!

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Old Gunner":4icz7dot said:
I must confess that I do struggle with the negative comments about Hourihane--they are clearly nonsensical. Chances are he will be playing in the Championship sometime in the next couple of years and yet there are still those (presumably living in some sort of parallel universe where black is white and up is down) who genuinely and passionately believe he was not good enough for Argyle.
:thumbs:

Jan 7, 2013
Just seen Hourihanes goal on the football league show! What a strike even got a mention from the host! Looks like Barnsley got a bargain..

C

CKGreens

Never rated him, a good bit of business by Argyle. I don't think we miss him, spent more time going toward our own goal than the oppositions.

Aug 22, 2006
CKGreens":18i19xj6 said:
Never rated him, a good bit of business by Argyle. I don't think we miss him, spent more time going toward our own goal than the oppositions.

Totally disagree. Always rated him, so have a club trying to get back into the championship, bad bit of business (as always from Argyle), we're already missing him, spent time trying to go forward but sometimes due to the inability of those around him he'd struggle and 9 goals was an excellent return last season.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
MAZZA26":212020tc said:
CKGreens":212020tc said:

Totally disagree. Always rated him, so have a club trying to get back into the championship, bad bit of business (as always from Argyle), we're already missing him, spent time trying to go forward but sometimes due to the inability of those around him he'd struggle and 9 goals was an excellent return last season.

You can't stand in a guy's way when he has the chance to better himself

Aug 22, 2006
Lundan Cabbie":j1mospjo said:
MAZZA26":j1mospjo said:
CKGreens":j1mospjo said:

Oh I agree but we should have re-negotiated a far higher fee.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
MAZZA26":knlwmad9 said:
Lundan Cabbie":knlwmad9 said:
MAZZA26":knlwmad9 said:
CKGreens":knlwmad9 said:

Based on what? Length of contract, current salary or the level he had been playing at? I'm sure all those were considered and that's why he went for a decent fee for the Fourth Division. Anything else is surely agreed in add-ons and any benefit will be seen in the future if he performs for the Tykes.

Aug 22, 2006
Lundan Cabbie":31e6bric said:
MAZZA26":31e6bric said:
Lundan Cabbie":31e6bric said:
MAZZA26":31e6bric said:
CKGreens":31e6bric said:

Based on what? Length of contract, current salary or the level he had been playing at? I'm sure all those were considered and that's why he went for a decent fee for the Fourth Division. Anything else is surely agreed in add-ons and any benefit will be seen in the future if he performs for the Tykes.

We're talking about a player that went for 200k. That's nothing. Your mate Zaha went for a fee 60 times the amount yet he has hardly kicked a bloody ball... there is absolutely no sense in anything... yet you guys get a fee that's laughable and then people wonder why clubs look abroad. Absolute nonsense. We should have for once ripped a club off. 200k is a 1986 fee, don't even bother trying to justify it, especially from a palace fan. All the best for the season.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
If he was being sold to one of the biggest clubs in the world then you might have twisted their arm for a bit more. Hourihane wasn't breaking into the Englsnd side, he wasn't on a lucrative five year contract and he had just finished a season mid table in the Fourth Division. Zaha has gone backwards since leaving Palace but that wasn't foreseen nor was it the intention when he joined United.

Aug 22, 2006
Lundan Cabbie":owbxw02d said:
If he was being sold to one of the biggest clubs in the world then you might have twisted their arm for a bit more. Hourihane wasn't breaking into the Englsnd side, he wasn't on a lucrative five year contract and he had just finished a season mid table in the Fourth Division. Zaha has gone backwards since leaving Palace but that wasn't foreseen nor was it the intention when he joined United.

Yes get what your saying and using Zaha as a comparison is a bit silly from me, but the gist of my point is that 200k for a decent league 1 potential championship player is low especially bearing in mind today's ridiculous prices.

Oct 23, 2013
Block 12
MAZZA26":3rlspr4e said:
Lundan Cabbie":3rlspr4e said:

Yes get what your saying and using Zaha as a comparison is a bit silly from me, but the gist of my point is that 200k for a decent league 1 potential championship player is low especially bearing in mind today's ridiculous prices.
If you were James Brent (as I am guessing he was the one who accepted the 3rd bid) what amount would you of accepted (including add ons) based on the fact he had 1 year on his contract having rejected a new one?

C

Cobi Budge.

We were crying out for Hourihane at Bury, it honestly shocks me people are saying we don't need him. Too good for us, hence why he's now doing very well in L1.

Sep 15, 2012
MAZZA26":3hog3mua said:
Lundan Cabbie":3hog3mua said:

Agree, Agree Agree
Should have gone for a lot lot more

Jun 8, 2014
As long as he never forgets the club that really got the best out of him then good luck to him.

Physically hurts to see him doing really well, but was a very pleasant young man and to be honest I'm glad for him that he got his chance. We'll miss him greatly for a while IMO but that's just how football works sometimes.