Home Park Development (PCC agenda 14th December 2pm) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Home Park Development (PCC agenda 14th December 2pm)

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Hubble":1zg0udt7 said:
To be honest I am not that unhappy IJN. I think the grandstand referb is ok. Nothing really special in getting a low interest loan, over a long period, to improve an asset (grandstand). It's the other stuff that grips me. I just think our chairman is making a bit of a killing, when you take into account the deal with the pavilions,vets and higher home park, ect . I know people will say business is business and all that, but some things are just more important than that.

You're right of course. My gripe with Brent has always been that getting involved with PAFC was purely a necessary evil to open up the pathway to the bigger picture - personal gain. Now firstly before I get jumped on I don't have an issue with him making money per se. It's been done to death but for me it is those lengths he was prepared to go to to make that profit, which would have harmed PAFC massively in the long term. That is my longstanding issue.

I don't like having a man at the helm who doesn't work in the very first instance for the long-term prosperity of PAFC. It's Akkeron first, PAFC second, and with Brent that is what we'll always have.

I tell you what will be interesting when planning is finally granted, the revamp will go ahead because the club are paying for it and it is funded. Brent has an obligation with the Ice Rink. But what about the rest? My personal view is that he will build the square root of fudge all. He won't need to. Why? Because he will make his dollar purely from the uplift in land value with planning permission granted. :whistle:

Cynical? Where Brent's concerned, you bet.

It'll be interesting revisiting this thread in the future to see who's called it right.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
You'll do what you ALWAYS do, you'll stay away from the site with a significant gap.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
The Grumpy Loyal":pdkn0csv said:
Hubble":pdkn0csv said:
To be honest I am not that unhappy IJN. I think the grandstand referb is ok. Nothing really special in getting a low interest loan, over a long period, to improve an asset (grandstand). It's the other stuff that grips me. I just think our chairman is making a bit of a killing, when you take into account the deal with the pavilions,vets and higher home park, ect . I know people will say business is business and all that, but some things are just more important than that.

I don't have an issue with him making money per se.

I tell you what will be interesting when planning is finally granted, the revamp will go ahead because the club are paying for it and it is funded. Brent has an obligation with the Ice Rink. But what about the rest? My personal view is that he will build the square root of fudge all. He won't need to. Why? Because he will make his dollar purely from the uplift in land value with planning permission granted. :whistle:

If he does, it won't be to the detriment of the club though. It's not as if Argyle would profit from that land if James Brent doesn't.

Jan 27, 2012
lunarjetman":ctkzp9g5 said:
There is nothing to stop the club putting in a separate application for the grandstand now. The council would then be able to reach decisions on two separate applications- one for on the grandstand development and one for the grandstand development PLUS the other proposed developments.

Such an approach would be unlikely to be expensive- the Council have all the evidence from the first application. It would only require a planning application fee which could probably be negotiated down to very little.

Maybe the club should consider doing this- it would make me slightly less sceptical.

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
May 1, 2006
Hubble":3hesqwgs said:
The Grumpy Loyal":3hesqwgs said:
I don't like having a man at the helm who doesn't work in the very first instance for the long-term prosperity of PAFC. It's Akkeron first, PAFC second, and with Brent that is what we'll always have.

Two questions.

1 If Brent becomes a billionaire from his business pursuits (theoretically speaking), do you think that would be of no benefit to Argyle?

2 Can you please give names of any (or ideally several) football chairmen/owners who do actually do put their club above their business business 'empires'? Do you honestly think even Abramovic, for example, puts Chelsea FC, England's current champions, above his oil / assets empire (or whatever he does to make his money).

We're all entitled to our opinions, but it just seems pretty harsh to me to criticise Brent, for basically being a businessman first.

That said there are definitely ways Argyle could be run better, so maybe a slightly more hands on approach would be appreciated, or at the very least have people at the club who can make consistently excellent decisions.

C

CADMAN

ChepstowGreen":3rttq4z2 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":3rttq4z2 said:
Hubble":3rttq4z2 said:

Two questions.

1 If Brent becomes a billionaire from his business pursuits (theoretically speaking), do you think that would be of no benefit to Argyle?

2 Can you please give names of any (or ideally several) football chairmen/owners who do actually do put their club above their business business 'empires'? Do you honestly think even Abramovic, for example, puts Chelsea FC, England's current champions, above his oil / assets empire (or whatever he does to make his money).

We're all entitled to our opinions, but it just seems pretty harsh to me to criticise Brent, for basically being a businessman first.

That said there are definitely ways Argyle could be run better, so maybe a slightly more hands on approach would be appreciated, or at the very least have people at the club who can make consistently excellent decisions.
Who are you quoting there Chepstow? Me or Grumpy?

C

CADMAN

Hubble":1z3l04m8 said:
ChepstowGreen":1z3l04m8 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":1z3l04m8 said:
Hubble":1z3l04m8 said:

Two questions.

Switch to Desktop SiteFAQ · Search · Members
UCP

Pasoti Forum Index » Administration » Contact The Admins

Previous topic | Next topic
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
Post new topicPost a replySubscribe topic | Bookmark topic | Print view | E-mail friendMy accountHubble
     Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:56 am 

Hi mods. I not sure how this was done, but Chepstow Green has put a quote apparently from me, HUBBLE, that I'm sure I never wrote. If I'm wrong then I sorry for wasting your time. I dosnt sound like me though.

Last post   Re: My accountDaz
   Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:37 am 

He has tried to edit the quotes so that not all of the comments are shown. He’s edited the wrong bit and has messed it up.
Just had this from the mods Chepstow. Fake news or mischievous ?

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
May 1, 2006
Sorry yes I meant to quote Grumpy! Treid to do it on my phone and obvs messed it up!

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Hubble":17c57l0b said:
ChepstowGreen":17c57l0b said:
The Grumpy Loyal":17c57l0b said:

Two questions.

UCP

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
Post new topicPost a replySubscribe topic | Bookmark topic | Print view | E-mail friendMy accountHubble

Hi mods. I not sure how this was done, but Chepstow Green has put a quote apparently from me, HUBBLE, that I'm sure I never wrote. If I'm wrong then I sorry for wasting your time. I dosnt sound like me though.

He has tried to edit the quotes so that not all of the comments are shown. He’s edited the wrong bit and has messed it up.

I've cleaned it up a little now, so you can rest easy. Its an easy mistake and happens all the time when people try to stop embedding lots of posts.

C

CADMAN

Daz":1wygk78u said:
Hubble":1wygk78u said:
ChepstowGreen":1wygk78u said:
The Grumpy Loyal":1wygk78u said:

Two questions.

UCP

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

I've cleaned it up a little now, so you can rest easy. Its an easy mistake and happens all the time when people try to stop embedding lots of posts.
I was totally unaware that people could do this. Thanks for your help in clearing this up Daz.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Mods can Hubble. They spend most of their time on here ‘trimming’.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
There's a new skate park proposed for Central Park, it looks quite good.....

Herald

It will be interesting to see if anyone from Leeds, Southampton or London objects to it.