Hillsborough verdicts. | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Hillsborough verdicts.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Did anyone watch the Hillsborough documentary on BBC 2 last night? So hard to watch, for many differing reasons.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Just finished watching a recording very moving, pity the posters on this site who were blaming the Liverpool fans have not got the balls to post they werr wrong.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
A very interesting documentary and no mistake.

I hadn't seen the 'Justice for 96' bit before. Andy Turnham's reaction was wonderful.

As for that utter dick from the Police Federation, what can be said. :facepalm:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
..... and we should all be reminded that seeing as criminal charges have now been made, this is once again subject to sub judice rules. Be careful what you say on here.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
I mention this with slightly cowered shoulders, as to some it will seem insensitive and pointing the finger of blame elsewhere, but thats not how it is meant.

For years after the tragedy, much was blamed on the sheer number of people who arrived at the ground either without tickets or tickets that were forged/fake/photocopied (depends what you want to read believe) - this part of enquiry has been completely banished, did i miss the section where this was dis-proved or has society/media forgotten it as it portrays some kind of guilt on the supporters themselves?

Clearly the actions of the police and those in authority is now rightly being questioned - a generation too late, but still action has been taken, the actual process after the incident is shambolic at best, but surely that doesn't take away from the fact that the whole accident was caused by many thousands of people who had no right to be there, gaining access to the ground - when was this taken off the table as a discussion point?

Having attended Anfield this year and life long friend and a couple of season ticket holders, i know and understand their frustration, sadness and anger and i wish to cast no blame to someone who died merely because they went to support "their" team, but highly curious as to when this rather major point no longer became valid?

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Voice_of_Reason":261msbwl said:
I mention this with slightly cowered shoulders, as to some it will seem insensitive and pointing the finger of blame elsewhere, but thats not how it is meant.

For years after the tragedy, much was blamed on the sheer number of people who arrived at the ground either without tickets or tickets that were forged/fake/photocopied (depends what you want to read believe) - this part of enquiry has been completely banished, did i miss the section where this was dis-proved or has society/media forgotten it as it portrays some kind of guilt on the supporters themselves?

Clearly the actions of the police and those in authority is now rightly being questioned - a generation too late, but still action has been taken, the actual process after the incident is shambolic at best, but surely that doesn't take away from the fact that the whole accident was caused by many thousands of people who had no right to be there, gaining access to the ground - when was this taken off the table as a discussion point?

Having attended Anfield this year and life long friend and a couple of season ticket holders, i know and understand their frustration, sadness and anger and i wish to cast no blame to someone who died merely because they went to support "their" team, but highly curious as to when this rather major point no longer became valid?

But wouldn't this still come down to the police and stadium management predicting this problem and taking action prior to the game and on the day of the match to deal with such a problem?

Surely this again would bring into question why the police did not have plans in place or adequate numbers of officers there on hand to deal with disturbances outside the ground and to also ensure that those without tickets had no opportunity to enter.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Voice_of_Reason":9v7awjcl said:

You are obviously not familiar of the report by the Hillsborough Independent Panel then. They concluded that there was NO evidence of significant numbers of supporters arriving without tickets.

http://hillsborough.independent.gov.uk/

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Thank you Lundan, i do recall this, but that to me just muddy things further.

If 24,000 people turned upto an arena were the health and safety executive said that a capacity of 24,000 people was easily and safely maintained, how come the health and safety executive have never been called in to answer questions? As clearly to anyone who has witnessed those dreadful pictures, there were more people in that enclosure than was safe to do so.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Voice_of_Reason":jbqbvq2k said:
Thank you Lundan, i do recall this, but that to me just muddy things further.

If 24,000 people turned upto an arena were the health and safety executive said that a capacity of 24,000 people was easily and safely maintained, how come the health and safety executive have never been called in to answer questions? As clearly to anyone who has witnessed those dreadful pictures, there were more people in that enclosure than was safe to do so.

Unfortunately we cannot debate on this on a public forum at this moment in time as the incident is now subject to criminal charges.