Grandstand Update | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Grandstand Update

Do you like the stage 1 plans for the grandstand?

• Yes

Votes: 206 77.2%
  • No

Votes: 36 13.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 25 9.4%

• Total voters

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Argyle hoping to sbe able to start work on January 18

That is pretty exact, do you know which year? :coat: :lol:

H

home@homepark

Would be brilliant if the seating in the Mayflower incorporated the clubs crest

nikkk

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 8, 2011
Bermudian Green":1fxwl9eb said:
PL2 3DQ":1fxwl9eb said:
We had the FES Devonport End in 2012 but no-one referred to it as that.

It was called the FFS Devonport for as long as I can remember :greensmile:

Ouch ! :funny:

M

Monkey Nuts

I'm more than happy with the concept of only spending what we can afford, and wasn't expecting miracles here, but that article doesn't sound exciting.

I'm sure all of the improvements behind the scenes will be much needed and great stuff for the club, and I was never expecting a massive new roof, and filled in corners etc....But I was hoping that they would at least extend the grandstand the extra 10 meters or so, towards the BP end, and finally get rid of the 'lopsided look'.

From the sound of things, other than the new seats, and slightly steeper angle of the old terrace, nothing much is gonna change pitch side.

Will be an improvement though, and that i'm happy with.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I don't think you can emphasise how MUCH better the stand will look completely renovated with spanking new green seats everywhere. Put it this way, we all wanted a double decker all-seated stand in the last plan, and that's now what we're getting.

I too would have liked the corners filled, but surely that leaves some potential for the future and the line I really like is the apparent confirmation of... 'will raise the capacity at Home Park to 20,000'

Jul 29, 2010
Biggs":tbhevv13 said:
I don't think you can emphasise how MUCH better the stand will look completely renovated with spanking new green seats everywhere. Put it this way, we all wanted a double decker all-seated stand in the last plan, and that's now what we're getting.

I too would have liked the corners filled, but surely that leaves some potential for the future and the line I really like is the apparent confirmation of... 'will raise the capacity at Home Park to 20,000'
This.

I suspect any disappointment/annoyance expressed here will be born purely from over expectation from the individual.

Feb 2, 2007
Sounds encouraging but I can't see how we will get 20,000 out of that space, without the corners being filled in. With the temporary seats in there for he Liverpool game wasn't it around 17,000, with a small partition so the overall May have around 17,500. That's a lot of extra seats to squeeze in somewhere to get it up to 20,000!

Can't wait just to have the Mayflower fully in use again though- it doesn't help the atmosphere not having the vocal moaning and virulent abuse of the officials at such close quarters, that used to make it such an attractive place to stand back in "the day"! :funny:

Jul 14, 2008
We will have a ground with a suitable capacity (20,000), a much better match day experience for fans in terms of new seats and the interior of the stand and,crucially, new facilities that will provide additional income to the club. I don't see how anyone could criticise this really. Plus there is the potential to increase capacity further in future by filling the corners. Sounds good to me anyway.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
nick_PASTIE":2x2o8k8j said:
Sounds encouraging but I can't see how we will get 20,000 out of that space, without the corners being filled in. With the temporary seats in there for he Liverpool game wasn't it around 17,000, with a small partition so the overall May have around 17,500. That's a lot of extra seats to squeeze in somewhere to get it up to 20,000!

It was nearly 21,000 before with standing and just under 20,000 with seating, so as it's the same structure with I assume a new lower tier... it would therefore be disappointing if it was much less than 20k.

I'm guessing temporary seating takes up more space and is far less efficient at using that space than purpose built permanent seating.

EDIT.. and that temporary seating made the Mayflower seats unusable too, of course.

M

Monkey Nuts

Biggs":30j8vqa2 said:
nick_PASTIE":30j8vqa2 said:

It was nearly 21,000 before with standing and just under 20,000 with seating, so as it's the same structure with I assume a new lower tier... it would therefore be disappointing if it was much less than 20k.

I'm guessing temporary seating takes up more space and is far less efficient at using that space than purpose built permanent seating.

Yeah the old green temporary seating used to have oodles of legroom, so i wouldn't be surprises if they can fit more in the same space.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Work will start first quarter 2018--so during the season. I suppose they will be working on the bits that don't directly affect the supporters first and then completing as much as possible during the close season--sorry just thinking aloud.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Monkey Nuts":1nfp45d1 said:
Biggs":1nfp45d1 said:
nick_PASTIE":1nfp45d1 said:

Yeah the old green temporary seating used to have oodles of legroom, so i wouldn't be surprises if they can fit more in the same space.

Yep, come to think of it there were large walkways among the seats weren't there?