Grandstand Update | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Grandstand Update

Do you like the stage 1 plans for the grandstand?

• Yes

Votes: 206 77.2%
  • No

Votes: 36 13.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 25 9.4%

• Total voters
Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
Verte":3joid99y said:
kernow19 not having a snipe. But some fans have seen the plans and all i mean is if it was mindblowingly good someone would have leaked it.

However as mentioned Home Park is no longer is a mine of information.

Appreciate the generous loan from Hallett and lets hope the extra revenue this season is siphoned into the development too. I reckon we made an extra 1.75 million from FA cup, TV money and Nelson cash.

Apologies for my unnecessary comment in that case. :thumbs:

Feb 3, 2016
I have in my head the new grandstand looking almost identical to Portsmouths grandstand, the "outer shell" is Very similar in appearance.

Aug 13, 2006
Cornwall
Shame it looks like the existing roof is remaining, would have been good to try and match it in a bit. But I guess it would cost a lot of money.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
X Isle":1idxwebr said:
PL2 3DQ":1idxwebr said:
We had the FES Devonport End in 2012 but no-one referred to it as that.
Zackly, corporate can do what it likes, the fans won't change.

All I would hope though it that it wasn't an embarrassing moniker we got saddled with, like the Tampax Arena or summat :oops:

I absolutely hate naming rights, and i love the fact that we are doing relatively well financially without resorting to it for HP at all. It's alright saying the fans will still call it the same name, but there's a certain dignity and identity lost when you're referred to as 'the Weston Homes', 'the Coral Windows', the Bet365' et al in national media. Just horrible.

Anyway, James Brent specifically at the fans forum said that two names are sacrosanct... Home Park and the Mayflower grandstand, so it's hopefully a non issue. Though the latter ironically does act as a kind of advertisement for the 2020 celebrations.

Jul 29, 2010
Could still be 'Ginsters Home Park' for example, we get some cash and we, arguably, keep Home Park 'sacrosanct'.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Biggs":1es83mbj said:
X Isle":1es83mbj said:
PL2 3DQ":1es83mbj said:
We had the FES Devonport End in 2012 but no-one referred to it as that.
Zackly, corporate can do what it likes, the fans won't change.

All I would hope though it that it wasn't an embarrassing moniker we got saddled with, like the Tampax Arena or summat :oops:

I absolutely hate naming rights, and i love the fact that we are doing relatively well financially without resorting to it for HP at all. It's alright saying the fans will still call it the same name, but there's a certain dignity and identity lost when you're referred to as 'the Weston Homes', 'the Coral Windows', the Bet365' et al in national media. Just horrible.

Anyway, James Brent specifically at the fans forum said that two names are sacrosanct... Home Park and the Mayflower grandstand, so it's hopefully a non issue. Though the latter ironically does act as a kind of advertisement for the 2020 celebrations.

My knowledge of Argyle isn't the best but I thought that the Mayflower Was the terrace in front and not the grandstand itself.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
There is a small section of seats behind the Mayflower Terrace - that is the Mayflower Stand. It is underneath the Grandstand.

Jul 29, 2010
Morphing the Mayflower terrace into a new stand that incorporates the Mayflower stand and blends in with the Grandstand must surely be a good time to amalgamate the whole thing under one name.

The fact it has a two tier pricing structure and a difference in seating quality, I would imagine it'll end up being the Mayflower grandstand upper and lower.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
X Isle":2l7ypo87 said:
Morphing the Mayflower terrace into a new stand that incorporates the Mayflower stand and blends in with the Grandstand must surely be a good time to amalgamate the whole thing under one name.

The fact it has a two tier pricing structure and a difference in seating quality, I would imagine it'll end up being the Mayflower grandstand upper and lower.

Exactly. The whole structure will be called the Mayflower Grandstand.

tonsk

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
Biggs":2hgrzl99 said:
X Isle":2hgrzl99 said:

Exactly. The whole structure will be called the Mayflower Grandstand.

Sponsored by The Mayflour Bakery?

:coat:

tonsk

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
falmouthgreen":1s6i7d9g said:
Sorry if I have missed something, but when is work on the new grandstand due to start?

Planning permission has to be approved before that can be known. Argyle hoping to sbe able to start work on January 18.