Exeter City Yes or No | Page 28 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Exeter City Yes or No

Sep 13, 2003
memory man":k6fyzwr9 said:
Shm":k6fyzwr9 said:
memory man":k6fyzwr9 said:
Shm":k6fyzwr9 said:
greenwelly":k6fyzwr9 said:
I'll hold my head above he parapet and say that I was supporting Exeter today. For the simple reason that a local derby would have produced more gate money for us and also because an away trip to Exeter would have been far preferable for our team than a long away trip o Blackpool. We can cheer at half-time when our local rivals are behind, but to not want them to succeed when it is to our advantage does seem very OTT. Sorry, just my opinion.

Do we actually make more money from this fixture? Okay I get the additional gate money but what about the costs of extra policing & stewards. I remember reading that it was around 10k for just the police for this fixture.

For me them staying in L2 rounded the season off just nicely.
At today's prices we take £10k from just 500 spectators so I would imagine it is the most profitable League fixture of the season. I reckon Blackpool's win will result in a minimum of £60k less at the gate. We then have the additional overnight team hotel costs of the away game at Blackpool plus the travel costs. In purely financial terms Blackpool's victory is bad news.

Agree, lets not forget the extra £500,000.00 for being in league one now so still quids in regardless of what them six fingered foes up the road do.
Ah, silly me. I had completely overlooked the fact that £500k extra for being in League One was better than £500k extra plus a £60k from an Exeter home game against a Blackpool home game!!

It's not a net 60k when you take into account the policing cost though. Blackpool away or Exeter away, I know where I would rather be !

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Shankster":gpl067xf said:
No Exeter? pleased

nothing team

If you're pleased then they must matter to you.

Those that say that they are not rivals wouldn't give a moniker whether they came up or not.

Oct 16, 2016
Lundan Cabbie":3af502av said:
Shankster":3af502av said:
No Exeter? pleased

nothing team

Those that say that they are not rivals wouldn't give a moniker whether they came up or not.

Opinions....

The contrived 'furore' before each derby occasion bores me. Much prefer travelling to and attending bigger venues, there's your 'matter to you' moniker

Sep 6, 2006
Shankster":341hfsfe said:
Lundan Cabbie":341hfsfe said:
Shankster":341hfsfe said:
No Exeter? pleased

nothing team

Opinions....

The contrived 'furore' before each derby occasion bores me. Much prefer travelling to and attending bigger venues, there's your 'matter to you' moniker

Like a boycotted and empty Blackpool ground you mean. Yes that will be fun. Assume you are going anyway.

Shm

Jan 4, 2017
memory man":3dagg6t3 said:
Shm":3dagg6t3 said:
memory man":3dagg6t3 said:
Shm":3dagg6t3 said:
greenwelly":3dagg6t3 said:
I'll hold my head above he parapet and say that I was supporting Exeter today. For the simple reason that a local derby would have produced more gate money for us and also because an away trip to Exeter would have been far preferable for our team than a long away trip o Blackpool. We can cheer at half-time when our local rivals are behind, but to not want them to succeed when it is to our advantage does seem very OTT. Sorry, just my opinion.

Do we actually make more money from this fixture? Okay I get the additional gate money but what about the costs of extra policing & stewards. I remember reading that it was around 10k for just the police for this fixture.

For me them staying in L2 rounded the season off just nicely.
At today's prices we take £10k from just 500 spectators so I would imagine it is the most profitable League fixture of the season. I reckon Blackpool's win will result in a minimum of £60k less at the gate. We then have the additional overnight team hotel costs of the away game at Blackpool plus the travel costs. In purely financial terms Blackpool's victory is bad news.

Agree, lets not forget the extra £500,000.00 for being in league one now so still quids in regardless of what them six fingered foes up the road do.
Ah, silly me. I had completely overlooked the fact that £500k extra for being in League One was better than £500k extra plus a £60k from an Exeter home game against a Blackpool home game!!

Sarcasm is really not required here.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
This week has shown better than anything why being in the playoffs is such a ball ache.

Less than a week from the playoffs, DA has managed to get his first signing in. The new player will now be able to relax until pre-season training and it shows obliquely that DA has next years squad in mind. Some teams don't even know who their retained list are yet.