Exeter City Yes or No | Page 26 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Exeter City Yes or No

Dec 29, 2011
Went to the match and sat with Blackpool fans.Saw at least 3 other Argyle fans in the next 2 rows .I don't know what happened to Exeter in the first 20 minutes of second half as I thought the game was theirs for the taking .Agree about comments re Olly Watkins.Ball just did not stick all day for him.Blackpool fans obviously happy but this seemed to be tarnished slightly, when they looked up to the royal box and the Robert Mugabe of football, Owen Oyston, decked out in a tangerine jacket seemed to be lapping it all up .

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
I'm so glad they didn't follow us up as this was our year. Our year after what happened the last two years with the heartaches we had to endure which were lapped up by the six toes up the road. It would have been unbearable if they came away with a trophy after all we've been through lately. Anybody interested, have a look at Exwe, Banter Base at the "can you here Plymouth sing" to understand their feelings about us.

Now that that's over and they've lost (which I was extremely worried about when Wheeler scored) and will now have to go through the summer as we did last year I think I can say that I will not care what happens to them next season. They will now be as irrelevant as FGR etc, although if it looks like they'll get relegated I might show some interest (well, it would be rude not to).

I will not now or ever wish them luck in any circumstance though I do hope that one way or another both Exeter and Torquay will be reunited in the same league come next season's end.

Sep 8, 2013
I'll hold my head above he parapet and say that I was supporting Exeter today. For the simple reason that a local derby would have produced more gate money for us and also because an away trip to Exeter would have been far preferable for our team than a long away trip o Blackpool. We can cheer at half-time when our local rivals are behind, but to not want them to succeed when it is to our advantage does seem very OTT. Sorry, just my opinion.

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Lovely. And seeing Spotlight Natalie's miserable Exeter loving mug in despair will be even more satisfying. Hope we never play them again

Apr 30, 2011
I wanted them to win so we could play them next season but obviously I find very amusing that they lost. That is football rivalry for you.

Shm

Jan 4, 2017
greenwelly":yssihgh1 said:
I'll hold my head above he parapet and say that I was supporting Exeter today. For the simple reason that a local derby would have produced more gate money for us and also because an away trip to Exeter would have been far preferable for our team than a long away trip o Blackpool. We can cheer at half-time when our local rivals are behind, but to not want them to succeed when it is to our advantage does seem very OTT. Sorry, just my opinion.

Do we actually make more money from this fixture? Okay I get the additional gate money but what about the costs of extra policing & stewards. I remember reading that it was around 10k for just the police for this fixture.

For me them staying in L2 rounded the season off just nicely.