Exeter City Yes or No | Page 27 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Exeter City Yes or No

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Ade the green":24ctpl96 said:
I'm so glad they didn't follow us up as this was our year. Our year after what happened the last two years with the heartaches we had to endure which were lapped up by the six toes up the road. It would have been unbearable if they came away with a trophy after all we've been through lately. Anybody interested, have a look at Exwe, Banter Base at the "can you here Plymouth sing" to understand their feelings about us.

Now that that's over and they've lost (which I was extremely worried about when Wheeler scored) and will now have to go through the summer as we did last year I think I can say that I will not care what happens to them next season. They will now be as irrelevant as FGR etc, although if it looks like they'll get relegated I might show some interest (well, it would be rude not to).

I will not now or ever wish them luck in any circumstance though I do hope that one way or another both Exeter and Torquay will be reunited in the same league come next season's end.
Best post of the month :clap:

May 21, 2010
taunton
In my element the small city didn't win at Wembley, let them feel the pain haha. Sorry but I can't bear playing them home and away anymore, the novelty as worn out.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It's parked up again, until at least next season.

Please pass on my regards to Sturtz, Ade. :twisted:

vFdhgiV.png

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
There's a lot on Exweb claiming that they don't care. If they don't, why should we? Their next multi million pound selling will have had a zero knocked off his fee due to him having a mare. Wheeler though might have added a few notes to his but he won't want to leave them (they're all proper chaps don't you know) having so forcefully nailed his colours to their mast. At 21 he (Watkins) should have had the experience to have shone but unfortunately, like Grimes before him has shown he's a big fish in a little pond.

To many that have decried our academy, take a look at how many of Exeters has actually been shown up once they get the chance to play higher. Think on of players that have left Argyle and actually have made something of themselves. We get another £500,000 extra because we're in League 1 next year so will make up for anything we'll lose from playing them and now having lost us and Pompey, they've lost even more than we have.

Say it out loud, it's better than seeing it written down.....we're League one now.

Apr 9, 2011
Monster Green":1amcz4uk said:
Lovely. And seeing Spotlight Natalie's miserable Exeter loving mug in despair will be even more satisfying. Hope we never play them again
Spotlight will gloss over Grecians defeat & concentrate on Chiefs victory Which by the way is well deserved good on 'em

Sep 23, 2014
plymouth
greenwelly":1220ba5h said:
I'll hold my head above he parapet and say that I was supporting Exeter today. For the simple reason that a local derby would have produced more gate money for us and also because an away trip to Exeter would have been far preferable for our team than a long away trip o Blackpool. We can cheer at half-time when our local rivals are behind, but to not want them to succeed when it is to our advantage does seem very OTT. Sorry, just my opinion.
Well said

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Natural West Country football order resumed - Argyle higher than Exeter and Yeovil who are higher than Torquay. Long may it continue ...

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I am not too fussed either way over the result, but I felt for the young kids who travelled up from Exeter to support 'their' team with their parents.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Shm":3w1928cg said:
greenwelly":3w1928cg said:
I'll hold my head above he parapet and say that I was supporting Exeter today. For the simple reason that a local derby would have produced more gate money for us and also because an away trip to Exeter would have been far preferable for our team than a long away trip o Blackpool. We can cheer at half-time when our local rivals are behind, but to not want them to succeed when it is to our advantage does seem very OTT. Sorry, just my opinion.

Do we actually make more money from this fixture? Okay I get the additional gate money but what about the costs of extra policing & stewards. I remember reading that it was around 10k for just the police for this fixture.

For me them staying in L2 rounded the season off just nicely.
At today's prices we take £10k from just 500 spectators so I would imagine it is the most profitable League fixture of the season. I reckon Blackpool's win will result in a minimum of £60k less at the gate. We then have the additional overnight team hotel costs of the away game at Blackpool plus the travel costs. In purely financial terms Blackpool's victory is bad news.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Ambition (or lack of) from our bloodstained friends in the north.

Quoted from Dontpassback on the 10 reasons to feel positive.

"Two reasons to be positive,we will have our new stand built and finished before Brent even gets phase 2 of the so called refurbishment started,and if we don't go up next season we will be back playing the green slime,because Brent won't be giving Adams any money to replace Carey once he has left! So the future is bright ,it's red and white !!"

Understandable but two glaring errors it seems.

Firstly, stage 2 of our grandstand refurbishment at the moment is debatable but even stage 1 would give us a greater increase in revenue than the SJP "Half Grandstand" and unfortunately for the stains massive they cannot ever join up the corners. Talking about SJP, really? Do you not luxuriate yourselves in our away end at HP whilst we have your poo hole at yours.

Secondly, "if we don't go up next season"! Already looking forward to more disappointment it seems. And you already know how much of Watkins, Wheeler and Ampadu's fee will be used to pay off Tisdale, Perryman and Tagg from their lucrative employment fees.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
The first quote sounds like something from certain posters on the Grandstand thread.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Thought there was a huge difference in the quality of the play offs this season and last season. No doubt there was drama, but last season 4 very good teams were competing, whilst this season, 4 very inconsistent, arguably poorer teams were competing. Big gulf between the top 3 this season and the rest of the league which I don't think was the case last season, the points difference suggests that as well.

Shm

Jan 4, 2017
memory man":1yyjqja2 said:
Shm":1yyjqja2 said:
greenwelly":1yyjqja2 said:

Do we actually make more money from this fixture? Okay I get the additional gate money but what about the costs of extra policing & stewards. I remember reading that it was around 10k for just the police for this fixture.

At today's prices we take £10k from just 500 spectators so I would imagine it is the most profitable League fixture of the season. I reckon Blackpool's win will result in a minimum of £60k less at the gate. We then have the additional overnight team hotel costs of the away game at Blackpool plus the travel costs. In purely financial terms Blackpool's victory is bad news.

Agree, lets not forget the extra £500,000.00 for being in league one now so still quids in regardless of what them six fingered foes up the road do.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Shm":mozsm0j0 said:
memory man":mozsm0j0 said:
Shm":mozsm0j0 said:
greenwelly":mozsm0j0 said:

Agree, lets not forget the extra £500,000.00 for being in league one now so still quids in regardless of what them six fingered foes up the road do.
Ah, silly me. I had completely overlooked the fact that £500k extra for being in League One was better than £500k extra plus a £60k from an Exeter home game against a Blackpool home game!!