Does DA know what he's doing? | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Does DA know what he's doing?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Perhaps the majority are right. Personally I don't think so but hey, perhaps they are. Have you considered that?

Sep 6, 2006
Metal_Green_Mickey":2cuf8cu1 said:
IJN":2cuf8cu1 said:
Balham_Green":2cuf8cu1 said:
IJN":2cuf8cu1 said:
demportdave":2cuf8cu1 said:
Too many fans seem to think that PASOTI is solely for the purpose of praising everything Argyle and in particular, Adams.

I don't agree with that at all Dave.

I think the majority of people on here are fans, fans that don't necessarily want to slag off their team, their manager, their club.

I put myself in that category. I might have my own thoughts about certain aspects of PAFC but I, and I suspect many others don't feel the need to bare their souls on this or any other site, and possibly they feel like me, when they read the same people going on and on about DA/JB/Reuben Reid/Kelvin Mellor/Cheap player/not signing Prem quality players etc etc it gets up their noses.

I'm not speaking on behalf of anyone else, it is just my opinion, but as I say I do suspect others feel the same.

I've met both Up The Line and Balham Green (as examples), UTL is a tidy lad who simply likes to emphasise the negative and BG is simply a miserable sod. :greensmile:

However, they and anyone else is welcome on this site with their opinions but what I do say is that they should expect to get hammered because of their apparent need to revel in bad news rather than good, it's not really the norm to do that when you're a fan. Some people argue it is, I really do believe the vast majority of fans believe it certainly isn't.

PASOTI is here for everyone, and as I say, all our welcome to their opinions. :thumbs:

Since that's aimed unnecessarily at me I'll respond!
Cant say I found you a bundle of laughs either! Apart from the recent comment that the pitch cost us promotion. Worrying thing is I think you believe it.
Point is do we want a site which is just a club mouth piece(we all know how well IJN is connected to the club) with happy clappers like pafc 1996 replicating the nonsense on the official site or do we want genuine debate? Its very sad that doubts or concerns raised appear to be seen as treachery which is absolute nonsense.

Oh dear, all I said was your were a miserable sod (with a smiley I would add :greensmile: ) and you were that day. I was laughing and joking with others as we won 2-0 but you weren't happy with that from memory, you said we had a bad 2nd half. :lol:

As for this site being a club mouth piece, we certainly don't no one does.

As it happens, I have fears about this season, too many changes for my liking, far too many BUT I don't go on and on and on about them like some of you do.

Don't you get it BG, it's not the fact that you guys are being accused of treachery, if we were all in a bar and we saw some miserable bugger saying 'We are crap' time and time again, people would stand up and say 'FFS, stop saying the same thing' or something similar.

I think that's all people are saying.

I'd also point out that guys like you and UTL seem to get pleasure out of misery, that's not normal is it?

I have to highlight a section IJN says because I think its important and is how I feel currently about Argyle's situation.

Its no doubt a number of us share concerns. I'm not convinced so many players can gel so quickly, even if they are mostly of a reasonable standard. It would still take time. So we share a little "realism" as you put it.

Yet like IJN says, its the way you go on and on and on with your negative clap trap repeating the same anti-Argyle crap. Its constant dribble. The worst thing is you don't even realise I think what your doing. If you do, it makes you even more weirder to embroil yourself in doing this week after week.

You are talking nonsense mate as usual. Show me where this 'constant dribble' is. Nobody rambles on more than you saying the same thing over and over again in soliloquys even though you haven't been to the friendlies.

Sep 6, 2006
Mark Pedlar":1h2xk6nj said:
Perhaps the majority are right. Personally I don't think so but hey, perhaps they are. Have you considered that?

You sound a bit confused there old boy.

Mar 14, 2009
Balham_Green":111mrhjs said:
IJN":111mrhjs said:
Balham_Green":111mrhjs said:
IJN":111mrhjs said:
demportdave":111mrhjs said:
Too many fans seem to think that PASOTI is solely for the purpose of praising everything Argyle and in particular, Adams.

I think the majority of people on here are fans, fans that don't necessarily want to slag off their team, their manager, their club.

I put myself in that category. I might have my own thoughts about certain aspects of PAFC but I, and I suspect many others don't feel the need to bare their souls on this or any other site, and possibly they feel like me, when they read the same people going on and on about DA/JB/Reuben Reid/Kelvin Mellor/Cheap player/not signing Prem quality players etc etc it gets up their noses.

I'm not speaking on behalf of anyone else, it is just my opinion, but as I say I do suspect others feel the same.

I've met both Up The Line and Balham Green (as examples), UTL is a tidy lad who simply likes to emphasise the negative and BG is simply a miserable sod. :greensmile:

However, they and anyone else is welcome on this site with their opinions but what I do say is that they should expect to get hammered because of their apparent need to revel in bad news rather than good, it's not really the norm to do that when you're a fan. Some people argue it is, I really do believe the vast majority of fans believe it certainly isn't.

PASOTI is here for everyone, and as I say, all our welcome to their opinions. :thumbs:

Cant say I found you a bundle of laughs either! Apart from the recent comment that the pitch cost us promotion. Worrying thing is I think you believe it.
Point is do we want a site which is just a club mouth piece(we all know how well IJN is connected to the club) with happy clappers like pafc 1996 replicating the nonsense on the official site or do we want genuine debate? Its very sad that doubts or concerns raised appear to be seen as treachery which is absolute nonsense.

Oh dear, all I said was your were a miserable sod (with a smiley I would add :greensmile: ) and you were that day. I was laughing and joking with others as we won 2-0 but you weren't happy with that from memory, you said we had a bad 2nd half. :lol:

As it happens, I have fears about this season, too many changes for my liking, far too many BUT I don't go on and on and on about them like some of you do.

Don't you get it BG, it's not the fact that you guys are being accused of treachery, if we were all in a bar and we saw some miserable bugger saying 'We are crap' time and time again, people would stand up and say 'FFS, stop saying the same thing' or something similar.

I'd also point out that guys like you and UTL seem to get pleasure out of misery, that's not normal is it?

That's where you get it wrong. We are not saying we are crap all the time, certainly not me, just trying to give some perspective to what seems a large majority who have a blind optimism. The reality is hopefully in between. This squad doesn't look good enough to win promotion to me and there ARE too many changes, but I doubt we will struggle either! I don't have the blind faith many do in DA but I sure hope I'm wrong.
No doubt that will be construed as another piece of outrageous negativity.

Then how come BG, everyone tells you to stop being so negative about Argyle?

You go on about blind optimism but all you do is blind pessimism. You talk about perspective. I have yet to see you back most of your comments up with any actual facts.

Oh and its not blind faith. Its called patience and giving the guy support and backing. Its the thing you forgot about it seems when you became an Argyle fan.

Mar 14, 2009
Balham_Green":1oqx7gro said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1oqx7gro said:
IJN":1oqx7gro said:
Balham_Green":1oqx7gro said:
IJN":1oqx7gro said:
demportdave":1oqx7gro said:

I have to highlight a section IJN says because I think its important and is how I feel currently about Argyle's situation.

Its no doubt a number of us share concerns. I'm not convinced so many players can gel so quickly, even if they are mostly of a reasonable standard. It would still take time. So we share a little "realism" as you put it.

Yet like IJN says, its the way you go on and on and on with your negative clap trap repeating the same anti-Argyle crap. Its constant dribble. The worst thing is you don't even realise I think what your doing. If you do, it makes you even more weirder to embroil yourself in doing this week after week.

You are talking nonsense mate as usual. Show me where this 'constant dribble' is. Nobody rambles on more than you saying the same thing over and over again in soliloquys even though you haven't been to the friendlies.

I have been to see a friendly lol. I went to Torquay. Wrong again BG.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Quizmike":1v1aye6j said:
demportdave":1v1aye6j said:

We have a new season coming up when we should be looking forward to playing against the likes of Sheffield United, Bolton, Charlton, Coventry etc. Instead, we will competing against the likes of Morecambe, Crawley, Barnet and Stevenage, again!

After 5 seasons in the basement League, we wontonly threw away what may well be the best chance we are likely to have of getting out of it. Adams did a great job to get us comfortably clear of 4th place going into the final third of the season, but he then presided over a disasterous capitulation which culminated in a massive anti-climax at Wembley when we were unable to muster a shot on goal in 90 minutes.

Yet to many, whilst he was the best thing since sliced bread for the first 30 games or so, the collapse was nothing to do with him and they came up with every excuse they could rather put any blame on him. When it really mattered at the 'business end' of the season, Adams was found wanting yet anyone who dares to say this or voice any criticism of him is immediately denounced.

Dave, here's the definition of the word 'fan'

An enthusiastic devotee (as of a sport or a performing art) usually as a spectator

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fan

You see fans are meant to be enthusiastic. That's what the word means. Yet you seem to object to fans who are enthusiastic, frequently calling them 'Argyle fans' and 'happy clappers'.

Do you understand why people get frustrated by your posts? Why not accept that people are fans and allow enthusiasm?

Yes we should be in a higher division but we're not, and criticising other supporters isn't going to change that, is it?

Enthusiasm doesn't necessarily sign you up for endless positivity. The enthusiastic devotion is towards the club, not necessarily the constantly changing strangers donning the crest or the temporary custodians trusted in charge.

If you care for something, then surely you want the best for that and if you foresee cause for concern then your enthusiastic devotion may cause you to express such concern - whether it contrasts with other devotees or not.

I agree that the term Green Tint is daft and it's a weak phrase used mainly when someone who throws out a contrasting opinion feels threatened that they're not winning any debate. However varying opinions are often fair and do not make anyone a lesser fan.

Personally when it comes to Adams I've not felt so confident in a manager for a long time. His commitment to the club is unquestionable. As far as first seasons go, I'm still getting over the ending, but it was a good first season.

I think we've signed a few cheaper players like Ijaha and Songo'o, but I disagree with a few that the budget remains small. The squad has increased in size and we've good some relatively marquee signings in Goodwillie and Fox who have played at a higher level. Players like Donaldson and Spencer have impressed me in the past when I've seen them against us and are the sort of players I've watched and thought I'd fancy them in our squad.

I'm still not too excited for the season however. Seeing the fixture list full of the same uninspiring league two sides after the Wembley disappointment fails to stir the juices. Im sure I'll grow into the season as it goes on and hopefully we can open the season well with a win against Luton to put that Wimbledon loss to bed.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Balham_Green":b6980c5e said:
Mark Pedlar":b6980c5e said:

Nope, no confusion here. Sorry, I assumed English was your first language.

Sep 6, 2006
Mark Pedlar":2lwzpqtt said:
Balham_Green":2lwzpqtt said:
Mark Pedlar":2lwzpqtt said:

Nope, no confusion here. Sorry, I assumed English was your first language.

And you are the one who talks about sarcasm. Hypocrisy or what?

Sep 6, 2006
Metal_Green_Mickey":37i2d8ai said:
Balham_Green":37i2d8ai said:
IJN":37i2d8ai said:
Balham_Green":37i2d8ai said:
IJN":37i2d8ai said:
demportdave":37i2d8ai said:

That's where you get it wrong. We are not saying we are crap all the time, certainly not me, just trying to give some perspective to what seems a large majority who have a blind optimism. The reality is hopefully in between. This squad doesn't look good enough to win promotion to me and there ARE too many changes, but I doubt we will struggle either! I don't have the blind faith many do in DA but I sure hope I'm wrong.
No doubt that will be construed as another piece of outrageous negativity.

Then how come BG, everyone tells you to stop being so negative about Argyle?

You go on about blind optimism but all you do is blind pessimism. You talk about perspective. I have yet to see you back most of your comments up with any actual facts.

Oh and its not blind faith. Its called patience and giving the guy support and backing. Its the thing you forgot about it seems when you became an Argyle fan.

You are incapable of seeing the difference between debate and criticism and unable to accept being challenged without making personal remarks which you don't even recognize which says a lot in itself!

Mar 14, 2009
Balham_Green":qx7xafgz said:
So that's approx 6 you haven't been to. Didn't say you hadn't been to any!

In reply to Mickey!

BG, I don't want to make you look foolish twice but you said

"You are talking nonsense mate as usual. Show me where this 'constant dribble' is. Nobody rambles on more than you saying the same thing over and over again in soliloquys
even though you haven't been to the friendlies

Your own post on the previous page lol......So you did say that I hadn't been to any

Oh and BG, its not me that the mod's have to talk to regarding insulting behaviour now is it.... keeping talking the hole just gets bigger and bigger....

Anyhow off to eat my curry, thanks for the entertainment .....look forward to reading more of your inaccuracies I have to highlight..... :thumbs:

Nov 9, 2008
Metal_Green_Mickey":2uv15fcn said:
Balham_Green":2uv15fcn said:

In reply to Mickey!

"You are talking nonsense mate as usual. Show me where this 'constant dribble' is. Nobody rambles on more than you saying the same thing over and over again in soliloquys

Your own post on the previous page lol......So you did say that I hadn't been to any

Oh and BG, its not me that the mod's have to talk to regarding insulting behaviour now is it.... keeping talking the hole just gets bigger and bigger....

Anyhow off to eat my curry, thanks for the entertainment .....look forward to reading more of your inaccuracies I have to highlight..... :thumbs:

Help me out here. I'm abit dumb so unsure on who won this debate here. I'm confused :coat:

Sep 6, 2006
Metal_Green_Mickey":1n2g5el9 said:
Balham_Green":1n2g5el9 said:

In reply to Mickey!

Ok you haven't been to SIX friendlies if its so important to you. Where does the quote say 'any'? So who is looking silly?

There are none so blind as those that wont see eh? . And if you don't think calling someone weird is offensive you have a very strange set of values. I don't know what someone should be called who writes long long pages on here day after day.The mods have their own biases.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'm not a Mod BG but I'm not against you, you attend a load of matches, you talk about football almost always and that's what this site is about.

It's your style of using antagonism and barbed comments that leave you open to the stick you get. My advice is to kerb it and wind your neck in.

May 1, 2011
IJN":1fnwailj said:
I'm not a Mod BG but I'm not against you, you attend a load of matches, you talk about football almost always and that's what this site is about.

It's your style of using antagonism and barbed comments that leave you open to the stick you get. My advice is to kerb it and wind your neck in.

IJN mate you remind a bit of a Jeremy Corbyn supporter.