Does DA know what he's doing? | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Does DA know what he's doing?

Sep 6, 2006
IJN":2ynq4vc3 said:
I'm not a Mod BG but I'm not against you, you attend a load of matches, you talk about football almost always and that's what this site is about.

It's your style of using antagonism and barbed comments that leave you open to the stick you get. My advice is to kerb it and wind your neck in.

But its ok to call somebody 'weird' of course!

Or a' Miserable git'! There are 2 sides to an argument.

May 1, 2011
Quizmike":2qqj4lj5 said:
demportdave":2qqj4lj5 said:
Too many fans seem to think that PASOTI is solely for the purpose of praising everything Argyle and in particular, Adams.

We have a new season coming up when we should be looking forward to playing against the likes of Sheffield United, Bolton, Charlton, Coventry etc. Instead, we will competing against the likes of Morecambe, Crawley, Barnet and Stevenage, again!

After 5 seasons in the basement League, we wontonly threw away what may well be the best chance we are likely to have of getting out of it. Adams did a great job to get us comfortably clear of 4th place going into the final third of the season, but he then presided over a disasterous capitulation which culminated in a massive anti-climax at Wembley when we were unable to muster a shot on goal in 90 minutes.

Yet to many, whilst he was the best thing since sliced bread for the first 30 games or so, the collapse was nothing to do with him and they came up with every excuse they could rather put any blame on him. When it really mattered at the 'business end' of the season, Adams was found wanting yet anyone who dares to say this or voice any criticism of him is immediately denounced.

Dave, here's the definition of the word 'fan'

An enthusiastic devotee (as of a sport or a performing art) usually as a spectator

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fan

You see fans are meant to be enthusiastic. That's what the word means. Yet you seem to object to fans who are enthusiastic, frequently calling them 'Argyle fans' and 'happy clappers'.

Do you understand why people get frustrated by your posts? Why not accept that people are fans and allow enthusiasm?

Yes we should be in a higher division but we're not, and criticising other supporters isn't going to change that, is it?

Don't confuse the meaning of enthusiasm, everyone on this board is enthusiastic otherwise we wouldn't bother. We are also a little bit sad but that's by the by. I think as Argyle supporters we can be a miserable sod or you can also be a blind never question Adams as we are not worthy sort which is equally as irritating. The trick I suspect is to be somewhere in the middle. We blew it last season, no question about it. That cannot be in dispute as it is a fact.

However it's a new season now, clean slate and all to play for. Let's see what happens.

Mar 14, 2009
Balham_Green":umnattxc said:
IJN":umnattxc said:
I'm not a Mod BG but I'm not against you, you attend a load of matches, you talk about football almost always and that's what this site is about.

It's your style of using antagonism and barbed comments that leave you open to the stick you get. My advice is to kerb it and wind your neck in.

Well you do kept saying some strange things. You tell me I haven't been to any friendlies. Then you say you didn't say that even thought its in black n white. So what else can I call it?

Its like your are having an argument with yourself. You justify things with no facts.

You will read this and it will be you are talking and replying to yourself because there wont be any acknowledgement that you might of got things slightly wrong, at some point, even when its highlighted to you.

You bang on about people insult you, without acknowledging that actually your style of writing might make you a miserable old git

Btw, I am not of course saying you are, just that style of writing might lead people to this conclusion.

I have tried really hard to understand you but the truth you been banging on now for god knows how many months doing your anti-argyle style of preaching of doom and gloom. You are doing your very best to kill any excitement that us Argyle fans are suppose to have during pre-season so well done for that.

Quite frankly your happy being like this so good luck to ya, if that what you want to be seen like. People were just trying to help you before perhaps, you really alienate so many people.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Bristol Rich":1zl6zmsy said:
IJN":1zl6zmsy said:

IJN mate you remind a bit of a Jeremy Corbyn supporter.

:lol:

I have some insults in my time, but that one takes the biscuit.

Jan 15, 2009
Plymouth, Devon
Balham_Green":1uzxv1rm said:
Rudeness":1uzxv1rm said:
I don't buy the reasoning that the manager is solely to blame for the poor final third to the season. The facts are we only had 17 players start 10 or more games last season, 5 of which were loanees. We had a small squad that when injury to key players kicked in struggled and tired throughout the season, a small squad that meant we lacked options for player rotation and substitutes to influence games.

The manager clearly knows this is the case and with a full preseason has assembled a genuine squad of players, from my point of view with experience at higher level than this. Hopefully this experience will benefit us more during the crunch moments in the coming season.

One thing Mr Adams will have to address is our home form. 8 defeats including that against an already relegated Dag & Red is what cost us the most. Just four points from those 8 games would have made the difference.

If it was such a small squad why did he sign loanees he never used?

Nardiello aside, who are you referring to?

Sep 6, 2006
Metal_Green_Mickey":34pk5m1c said:
Balham_Green":34pk5m1c said:
IJN":34pk5m1c said:

Well you do kept saying some strange things. You tell me I haven't been to any friendlies. Then you say you didn't say that even thought its in black n white. So what else can I call it?

Its like your are having an argument with yourself. You justify things with no facts.

You will read this and it will be you are talking and replying to yourself because there wont be any acknowledgement that you might of got things slightly wrong, at some point, even when its highlighted to you.

You bang on about people insult you, without acknowledging that actually your style of writing might make you a miserable old git

Btw, I am not of course saying you are, just that style of writing might lead people to this conclusion.

I have tried really hard to understand you but the truth you been banging on now for god knows how many months doing your anti-argyle style of preaching of doom and gloom. You are doing your very best to kill any excitement that us Argyle fans are suppose to have during pre-season so well done for that.

Quite frankly your happy being like this so good luck to ya, if that what you want to be seen like. People were just trying to help you before perhaps, you really alienate so many people.

There you go rambling on and on again.Do you think people read all that tosh? Seriously think you must have something wrong with you. You haven't taken notice of a word I said so I am clearly wasting my time. Either unable or unwilling to understand. Like I say there are none so blind....
You show me where all this supposed' preaching of doom' is.where have I 'justified things without facts'? You just make it up as you go along.

Mar 14, 2009
Balham_Green":1s5nm5in said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1s5nm5in said:
Balham_Green":1s5nm5in said:
IJN":1s5nm5in said:

There you go rambling on and on again.Do you think people read all that tosh? Seriously think you must have something wrong with you. You haven't taken notice of a word I said so I am clearly wasting my time. Either unable or unwilling to understand. Like I say there are none so blind....
You show me where all this supposed' preaching of doom' is.where have I 'justified things without facts'? You just make it up as you go along.

lol, well clearly you just read it. You do make yourself look foolish. However, I feel it unfair anymore because you keep making these amazing quotes which then makes yourself look stupid. You have clearly seen people tell you to stop with your doom preaching and now you deny that you have wrote anything of that note.

No more replying to you, you got to be a troll........

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
:facepalm: There's a lot of freaks about on the internet these days. :cool:

I'm sure Derek will use this weeks trip away to really get into the minds of the players just what's required from them this season.

Good luck to him, and good luck to them all.

Sep 6, 2006
Metal_Green_Mickey":1ugr0r3i said:
Balham_Green":1ugr0r3i said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1ugr0r3i said:
Balham_Green":1ugr0r3i said:
IJN":1ugr0r3i said:

lol, well clearly you just read it. You do make yourself look foolish. However, I feel it unfair anymore because you keep making these amazing quotes which then makes yourself look stupid. You have clearly seen people tell you to stop with your doom preaching and now you deny that you have wrote anything of that note.

No more replying to you, you got to be a troll........

I said show me the quotes..... Just one will do. Still waiting!!!
Not one. No more replying to me you say cos you know you cant find any. So who is the troll? You cant see it yourself. Lack of emotional intelligence its called. You have no insight in to your own failings.

Oct 5, 2013
As the OP, perhaps I can just give a reminder of what this thread was intended to be about: I asked a question, gave a view, and invited others' views. Clearly some people do not like the thread, or the fact that it was even started.
On a forum such as this, we surely all need to be tolerant of views that differ from our own, even when we do not share them. If we could show such tolerance (even when we don't really feel it!), then insulting others, suggesting they leave the forum, or calling them trolls wouldn't come into it.

Mar 14, 2009
Knarf Reprah":v200hd3c said:
Of course he's a troll!
Let's all just ignore him, I reckon he's either aged 12 or a Greek

Well I used the "foe" function on BG, no more listening to his troll comments.

I like the alternative view. As pointed out earlier in this thread I have worries about this season but FFS, its pre-season. I want to remain as excited as possible until as BG's says, "realism" kicks in.

Don't know why the guy cant even try and enjoy pre-season and have a little happiness concerning Argyle.

Now he can spout off to his hearts content as I cant read it.