Does DA know what he's doing? | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Does DA know what he's doing?

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
philevs":31djxh3p said:
CJH":31djxh3p said:
The originator of this post needs to consider his position as an Argyle fan, it's this type of comment before a season starts and after a successful last one that is unacceptable. Free speech is one thing but this post and the content may be acceptable at the end of a disappointing season but not now.

My advice to philevs is to reconsider his comments and at least apologise for the timing of his post.

CJH

I suppose if the moderators have left it on, it must be acceptable.

It was left because it's your opinion, of which you can defend. Your post didn't insult, libel or personally attack an individual so it was fine. It was free speech, although that comes with responsibility.

May 8, 2011
philevs said:
Rudeness said:
philevs said:
12 new signings as of today, 18 July.

Here's some thoughts, in answer to your question.
Started for me with the first home game of the season against Pompey, when no subs brought on and we were well beaten. Similar pattern of not all subs used or subs only given 5 minutes, even when we were losing games, repeated numerous times too frequently, throughout the season. Inability to influence games by changing tactics during games.

Wouldn't say we were well beaten by Portsmouth, they got two soft penalties with the second one in the 86th minute. The Manager did make a substitution, he brought on Ryan Brunt for Nelson in the 73rd minute, so obviously tried to go for an equaliser.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Site Manager":2yfr6dz2 said:
philevs":2yfr6dz2 said:
CJH":2yfr6dz2 said:
The originator of this post needs to consider his position as an Argyle fan, it's this type of comment before a season starts and after a successful last one that is unacceptable. Free speech is one thing but this post and the content may be acceptable at the end of a disappointing season but not now.

My advice to philevs is to reconsider his comments and at least apologise for the timing of his post.

CJH

I suppose if the moderators have left it on, it must be acceptable.

It was left because it's your opinion, of which you can defend. Your post didn't insult, libel or personally attack an individual so it was fine. It was free speech, although that comes with responsibility.

Totally agree Ian this site acts responsibility it allows people to say what they want within the laws of our land. To quote 'free speech' and allow libellous, defamatory and downright nasty stuff like some websites and FB pages is a complete nonsense.

Philevs, I think your OP was borderline stupid, but your right to say what you did, will be defended by every Mod on here.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Course he does. it's the football managers on PASOTI that don't know what they are doing. :greensmile:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
As one who disagreed with and criticised philevs's opinion on this thread, I fully support the mods' decision not to exclude the headline question which I thought was inappropriate and unnecessary.
I am sure that DA is so committed to his job that he does not have the time or inclination to read any of our opinions. However, if he did he would feel that he has been undeservedly insulted.
I am sure that he has had the time to recriminate on his performance in his first year as our manager and has reflected on some perceived errors that, hopefully, will make him a better manager moving forward.

Jan 3, 2013
I disagreed with some of the manager's tactics last season, but he is our manager, took my team to Wembley and appears to have worked very hard during the close season.
At this moment in time I will support him to the hilt, whether I agree with him or not. We are lucky to have him at Argo

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Too many fans seem to think that PASOTI is solely for the purpose of praising everything Argyle and in particular, Adams.

We have a new season coming up when we should be looking forward to playing against the likes of Sheffield United, Bolton, Charlton, Coventry etc. Instead, we will competing against the likes of Morecambe, Crawley, Barnet and Stevenage, again!

After 5 seasons in the basement League, we wontonly threw away what may well be the best chance we are likely to have of getting out of it. Adams did a great job to get us comfortably clear of 4th place going into the final third of the season, but he then presided over a disasterous capitulation which culminated in a massive anti-climax at Wembley when we were unable to muster a shot on goal in 90 minutes.

Yet to many, whilst he was the best thing since sliced bread for the first 30 games or so, the collapse was nothing to do with him and they came up with every excuse they could rather put any blame on him. When it really mattered at the 'business end' of the season, Adams was found wanting yet anyone who dares to say this or voice any criticism of him is immediately denounced.

May 8, 2011
I don't understand where you get the idea we capitulated, I can't think of one game where we ever gave less than 100% and capitulated. We never went on a long losing streak.
It was an odd goal in a couple of matches that cost promotion, either not scoring or conceding soft goals, examples being Crawley and Accrington and most of these were due to an individual's error, and not the same person.
This is what I found so frustrating about last season.

Mar 14, 2009
My only worry immediate worry about Argyle this season is our lack of width. Will he find someone who can run at players from out wide and get crosses in?

Sometimes you need that different dimension. That player who he brings in on loan will be crucial to adding another different style of play.

Last season we scored goals but couldn't often score more than two. We would often concede at least a goal. It meant for a number of 2-1's last season either for defeat or win. Argyle need this season to be able to kill a game off. Basically more ruthless.

HC Green":3kzqnmwr said:
I don't understand where you get the idea we capitulated, I can't think of one game where we ever gave less than 100% and capitulated. We never went on a long losing streak.
It was an odd goal in a couple of matches that cost promotion, either not scoring or conceding soft goals, examples being Crawley and Accrington and most of these were due to an individual's error, and not the same person.

It was definitely a capitulation. We threw promotion away, and in my 30 years of supporting Argyle, I've never seen us do that. We capitulated in vital games against Exeter, Accrington and Dagenham and then never even got out of first gear in the the most important game at Wembley.

But going back to the OP question, I believe that DA has a vision of what he wants and he's signing players accordingly. I have my doubts about a handful of the signings and positions in the team where we seem to be weak but I support Adams in his leadership of the team.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
John_Doe":1qjef53h said:
HC Green":1qjef53h said:

It was definitely a capitulation. We threw promotion away, and in my 30 years of supporting Argyle, I've never seen us do that. We capitulated in vital games against Exeter, Accrington and Dagenham and then never even got out of first gear in the the most important game at Wembley.

But going back to the OP question, I believe that DA has a vision of what he wants and he's signing players accordingly. I have my doubts about a handful of the signings and positions in the team where we seem to be weak but I support Adams in his leadership of the team.
+1 :clap:

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
HC Green":2ouoqo6l said:
No amount of ifs and buts can disguise the fact that we were 10 points clear of the 4th placed team going into the final third of the season but ended up 5th.

Look at the results during the run in where we threw so many points away; that's capitulation.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
demportdave":1jt533mm said:
Too many fans seem to think that PASOTI is solely for the purpose of praising everything Argyle and in particular, Adams.

I don't agree with that at all Dave.

I think the majority of people on here are fans, fans that don't necessarily want to slag off their team, their manager, their club.

I put myself in that category. I might have my own thoughts about certain aspects of PAFC but I, and I suspect many others don't feel the need to bare their souls on this or any other site, and possibly they feel like me, when they read the same people going on and on about DA/JB/Reuben Reid/Kelvin Mellor/Cheap player/not signing Prem quality players etc etc it gets up their noses.

I'm not speaking on behalf of anyone else, it is just my opinion, but as I say I do suspect others feel the same.

I've met both Up The Line and Balham Green (as examples), UTL is a tidy lad who simply likes to emphasise the negative and BG is simply a miserable sod. :greensmile:

However, they and anyone else is welcome on this site with their opinions but what I do say is that they should expect to get hammered because of their apparent need to revel in bad news rather than good, it's not really the norm to do that when you're a fan. Some people argue it is, I really do believe the vast majority of fans believe it certainly isn't.

PASOTI is here for everyone, and as I say, all our welcome to their opinions. :thumbs:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
demportdave":34itc0ni said:
HC Green":34itc0ni said:
No amount of ifs and buts can disguise the fact that we were 10 points clear of the 4th placed team going into the final third of the season but ended up 5th.

Look at the results during the run in where we threw so many points away; that's capitulation.

I agree with that, we simply gave it away.

Hence I suspect this is the reason why DA has changed our DNA. No more bottling hopefully.