Colchester v Argyle match day thread | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Colchester v Argyle match day thread

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
Love that Blackpool are winning.

3 game 3 team league. If we can better doncasters results twice and equal the other we are quids in. (and Pompey keep away)

Never thought about the league...I am now.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
earl grey":13jcqcj4 said:

3 game 3 team league. If we can better doncasters results twice and equal the other we are quids in. (and Pompey keep away)

Not quite , we could draw all 3 games , Doncaster could lose 2 and draw the other but they would be champions unless of course Portsmouth won their last 3.

We probably need to win all 3 , taken 1 game at a time , win today see where we are .

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
Ade the green":1ewt1xjb said:
Green_Flash":1ewt1xjb said:
Tugboat":1ewt1xjb said:
We're up. That's all that matters to me.

The real incentive for the remaining fixtures is for the players to showcase why they further deserve a contract with us in L1 next season

How can it not matter to you that we don't win the competition we have been competing in all season? I simply don't understand this attitude - football is more than about what happens next season

Some athletes train for years to have a chance of Gold, Silver or Bronze medals in the Olympics. Being second or third is not necessarily a failure.
Yes, to me it's just not the same at all. To finish second in a cup competition (or, even worse, in a play-off final!) is pretty devastating. On the other hand, when promotion is the only real goal, second or third is just fine while first is just the proverbial icing.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Have Pompey ever been in the top two this season? If not, they could win the title in the last game and make their first visit into the top two. :facepalm:

May 16, 2016
PL2 3DQ":34075m9d said:
Have Pompey ever been in the top two this season? If not, they could win the title in the last game and make their first visit into the top two. :facepalm:

And spend the next 5 years going on about it.......

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
But really, what would we all have given at the beginning of the season (and in particular in some earlier seasons recently) to be already promoted and worrying about whether Pompey sneak past at the death?

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
DartingtonPilgrim":246669pm said:
earl grey":246669pm said:

Not quite , we could draw all 3 games , Doncaster could lose 2 and draw the other but they would be champions unless of course Portsmouth won their last 3.

We probably need to win all 3 , taken 1 game at a time , win today see where we are .

Yeah apart from that. I keep thinking we are going to win this.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Exeter 1 - 1 Morecambe

Garita on Smith off