Checkatrade Trophy - Format Survey | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Checkatrade Trophy - Format Survey

Will you attend Checkatrade home games?

• Yes I will attend both games

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • I will attend Exeter game only

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • I will attend Chelsea game only

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • No I will boycott both games

Votes: 76 73.8%

• Total voters
Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
PL2 3DQ":2y5pdrfb said:
Gutted! The increase in prize money was the deal breaker for a lot of clubs, the fans' views were totally ignored. Harvey must be replaced at the EFL AGM this summer!

How did Argyle vote?

HC Green":2y5pdrfb said:
Argyle voted to return to the old format.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Derided by fans - and some clubs, the tournament has been saved by the Premier League offering additional funds, proving, in a week when Accrington have questioned their involvement in the lower league, just how important their financial input actually is.

A million poxy quid!

That's it! At the same time that the Premiershite signed a TV deal worth GBP3BILLION (I think) to put up an extra million is just plain derisory.

More boycotts it is then!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Mark_Colling":3jj6oqe1 said:
PL2 3DQ":3jj6oqe1 said:
Gutted! The increase in prize money was the deal breaker for a lot of clubs, the fans' views were totally ignored. Harvey must be replaced at the EFL AGM this summer!

How did Argyle vote?
Against! Well done, Argyle.

Source: Chris Errington in The Herald

Good news, well done Argyle! A pity two thirds of clubs didn't listen to their fans.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
According to the EFL, 66.6 per cent of EFL clubs voted for the option which will see the current format – which was introduced on a trial basis this season – continue in 2017/18 and 2018/19.

That is...astonishing.

On the plus side, Argyle are obviously well placed to move up the leagues if two thirds of their competitors are that desperate.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Andy_S":2gscyrs0 said:
Derided by fans - and some clubs, the tournament has been saved by the Premier League offering additional funds, proving, in a week when Accrington have questioned their involvement in the lower league, just how important their financial input actually is.

A million poxy quid!

That's it! At the same time that the Premiershite signed a TV deal worth GBP3BILLION (I think) to put up an extra million is just plain derisory.

Agreed.

Sep 25, 2010
It is a good competition for DA, to use players not involved the previous Saturday, for example the goalkeepers, to give them game time. And for players returning from injury, or suspension.

We do not play in a good enough reserve league, so I can't understand why everybody is so anti.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Martyn":21mwc96q said:
It is a good competition for DA, to use players not involved the previous Saturday, for example the goalkeepers, to give them game time. And for players returning from injury, or suspension.

We do not play in a good enough reserve league, so I can't understand why everybody is so anti.
Martyn, we know from last season that you're all for it, however the club voted against it. They'd be happy to be playing against League 1 & 2 teams in the competition. The players would still be getting game time.

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
Andy_S":7z27hoye said:

A million poxy quid!

Where is that quote come from Andy? It is staggeringly myopic.

Sep 25, 2010
Keepitgreen":2jxxjn5p said:
Martyn":2jxxjn5p said:

Martyn, we know from last season that you're all for it, however the club voted against it. They'd be happy to be playing against League 1 & 2 teams in the competition. The players would still be getting game time.

My point is it does not matter what competition, it is , just use the players in it for good game time.

I could not care whether Argyle voted for it or not, DA should use the games for the players as he sees it.

Dazzy3000

✅ Evergreen
Dec 3, 2008
Passed caring about this now, was always a pretty pointless cup but there was always enjoyable local games to go and watch, completely ruined now that it's keeping the revised format. Just won't take any notice of it at all this year.

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
dazzy3000":2lwjpnd1 said:
Passed caring about this now, was always a pretty pointless cup but there was always enjoyable local games to go and watch, completely ruined now that it's keeping the revised format. Just won't take any notice of it at all this year.
No, no, no; please do care.

Having established that the EFL has it's price for entry into its competitions, it's only a matter of time before the Premier League try to get BTeams into the league structure.

... or, to evoke, Winston Churchill ...

Churchill: "Madam, would you sleep with me for five million pounds?"
Socialite: "My goodness, Mr. Churchill... Well, I suppose... we would have to discuss terms, of course... "
Churchill: "Would you sleep with me for five pounds?"
Socialite: "Mr. Churchill, what kind of woman do you think I am?!"
Churchill: "Madam, we've already established that. Now we are haggling about the price”

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Mark_Colling":2d7msa26 said:
dazzy3000":2d7msa26 said:
No, no, no; please do care.

Having established that the EFL has it's price for entry into its competitions, it's only a matter of time before the Premier League try to get BTeams into the league structure.

... or, to evoke, Winston Churchill ...

Churchill: "Madam, would you sleep with me for five million pounds?"
Socialite: "My goodness, Mr. Churchill... Well, I suppose... we would have to discuss terms, of course... "
Churchill: "Would you sleep with me for five pounds?"
Socialite: "Mr. Churchill, what kind of woman do you think I am?!"
Churchill: "Madam, we've already established that. Now we are haggling about the price”

Yep. Today's decision pretty much confirms lower league clubs will take the PL money whatever the circumstances.
Unless we, as fans, fight back there will be PL B teams playing in L1 and L2 within five years.

The EFL Trophy format was testing the water.