Checkatrade Trophy - Format Survey | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Checkatrade Trophy - Format Survey

Will you attend Checkatrade home games?

• Yes I will attend both games

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • I will attend Exeter game only

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • I will attend Chelsea game only

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • No I will boycott both games

Votes: 76 73.8%

• Total voters

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
Has anyone seen any indication from Argyle on what the fans' feedback was and whether they are going to listen?

I have heard that the EFL have asked for the clubs feedback on the options discussed at the meeting in Walsall (CLICK HERE) at some point during May.

With the options clearly designed by the EFL to split the anti-BTeam vote, I fear for the outcome.

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
Mark_Colling":3i74sqkc said:
Has anyone seen any indication from Argyle on what the fans' feedback was and whether they are going to listen?

I have heard that the EFL have asked for the clubs feedback on the options discussed at the meeting in Walsall (CLICK HERE) at some point during May.

With the options clearly designed by the EFL to split the anti-BTeam vote, I fear for the outcome.
Against B-teams:
- Chesterfield
- Oxford

- ... and from the Accrington Chairman

Selling their soul for 20 pieces of silver:

- Notts County
- Oldham

Any news from Argyle?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Just under 94% of Notts County fans voted against the inclusion of B teams in their club survey and yet this was ignored by the directors who mentioned the financial merits of allowing B teams into the competition.

I like to know the results of the Argyle survey.

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
PL2 3DQ":k32b4ewj said:
Just under 94% of Notts County fans voted against the inclusion of B teams in their club survey and yet this was ignored by the directors who mentioned the financial merits of allowing B teams into the competition.

I like to know the results of the Argyle survey.
... and more importantly, how they voted ...

Jan 27, 2012
Argyle Since'68":2w38trsp said:
Do not want the competition at all ...Would rather concentrate on the league!

I agree- I think most managers and fans also agree.

Whats the point of even winning the thing ? There's no real glory in that.

I see the competition as a nuisance. Just a way of wearing out the players and risking injuries.

If they MUST run this competition, make it for reserve players. Probably more interesting then anyway.

Jul 14, 2008
I think it's ok to keep the current format as long as the rules that prevent EFL sides from playing weakened sides are scrapped. This competition is a better way of giving fringe/youth players some game time than the South West Peninsula League. I don't suppose the Football League would agree to that though as it would undermine the reason for introducing B teams in the first place - to allow young players from the higher divisions some game time against full strength lower league teams.

Mar 8, 2016
davie nine":2m6rnjtv said:
It says a lot for the format that a relegated team (Coventry) won it.

The final did attract a decent crowd though.

To be honest the dog and duck vs the red lion would attract a decent crowd if it was to be played at Wembley. This tournament is basicly going to become a reserve team fixture with a bit of money thrown at it.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Gutted! The increase in prize money was the deal breaker for a lot of clubs, the fans' views were totally ignored. Harvey must be replaced at the EFL AGM this summer!

How did Argyle vote?