Champions? (merged) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Champions? (merged)

B

Blue_in_Devon

Not too fussed about your result against Crewe. It' s the Doncaster vs Exeter game that's more interesting from a Pompey viewpoint.

Just want Pompey to beat Mansfield and Exeter to get something at Donny and then it will go to the final day. Would help us if Cheltenham are safe before we play them at FP with Hartlepool still in with a shout when they play Donny in the final game. Therefore hoping for Cheltenham to draw with Hartlepool next week.

Could be a gripping final set of matches?

Mar 8, 2016
Blue_in_Devon":vjriku9s said:
Not too fussed about your result against Crewe. It' s the Doncaster vs Exeter game that's more interesting from a Pompey viewpoint.

Just want Pompey to beat Mansfield and Exeter to get something at Donny and then it will go to the final day. Would help us if Cheltenham are safe before we play them at FP with Hartlepool still in with a shout when they play Donny in the final game. Therefore hoping for Cheltenham to draw with Hartlepool next week.

Could be a gripping final set of matches?

You won't beat Mansfield.

B

Blue_in_Devon

I think we will beat Mansfield though taking nothing for granted. It's usually a feisty fixture - they had a couple of red cards at FP when we beat them 4-0 earlier in the season. They also had a red card in the opening minute last time at their place. if Mansfield want a play-off spot, they'll have to come at us which should suit our style of play.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Who would have thought it. Almost all of PASOTI hoping for an Exeter win (which, incidentally, will make it virtually certain that they qualify for the play-offs). Strange days indeed.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Blue_in_Devon":3dsw56gv said:
I think we will beat Mansfield though taking nothing for granted. It's usually a feisty fixture - they had a couple of red cards at FP when we beat them 4-0 earlier in the season. They also had a red card in the opening minute last time at their place. if Mansfield want a play-off spot, they'll have to come at us which should suit our style of play.
Don't recall a red card in the opening minute last time. I do recall Portsmouth going there needing to win, missing a penalty, going behind and then only scraping a point through an own goal though.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
AdelaideGreen":650s88zl said:
Who would have thought it. Almost all of PASOTI hoping for an Exeter win (which, incidentally, will make it virtually certain that they qualify for the play-offs). Strange days indeed.

Again I must point out that we are hoping for a Doncaster defeat and NOT an Exeter win! :greensmile:

Oct 31, 2015
GreenArmy1984":2ra62y7t said:
13 Years Ago Today - 24th April 2004

Argyle 2-0 QPR ( Evans , Friio )

Champions 2004 :scarf:

Oh yes. My favourite Argyle match of all time. Even beats the 4-1 drubbing of Bristol City on a tuesday night for promotion. Thatd day against QPR was immense

Sep 6, 2006
rsp4":3ooxj4d2 said:
GreenArmy1984":3ooxj4d2 said:

Oh yes. My favourite Argyle match of all time. Even beats the 4-1 drubbing of Bristol City on a tuesday night for promotion. Thatd day against QPR was immense

4.0!

May 26, 2015
rsp4":1i27bn6m said:
GreenArmy1984":1i27bn6m said:

I absolutely loved both of these occasions. I can't wait to get back to the second tier!