Champions? (merged) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Champions? (merged)

Apr 13, 2016
the_corkscrew":towgihhs said:
Pop1eye":towgihhs said:
We were 10 behind not so long ago

Pompey needed to beat us at Fratton to have a chance of being champions. They bottled it.

We shall see, certainly Donny are in the box seat.
I'm happy we have escaped league 2 and am looking forward to league1. The pressure is off and we are just playing out the last couple of games but certainly it could go to the last day between 2 if not 3 sides.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Pop1eye":3nq6vhna said:
the_corkscrew":3nq6vhna said:
Pop1eye":3nq6vhna said:

Pompey needed to beat us at Fratton to have a chance of being champions. They bottled it.

I'm happy we have escaped league 2 and am looking forward to league1. The pressure is off and we are just playing out the last couple of games but certainly it could go to the last day between 2 if not 3 sides.

We've been in the top two since September, just wondering if you have been in the top two at all this season?

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
So who is going to be wishing Exshitter beat Donny next week and seal there playoff spot ?

Tough call that one as I would like us to be champions. Exeters win today is probably enough to see them in playoffs but they have Donny away and then Carlisle at home so could still end up on 68 pts which might be tight.

A draw at Donny doesn't really help our cause either with the goal difference and Donny playing lowly Hartlepool as their last game.

Going to have to hope Exeter beat Donny and blow up in the play offs or even better lose at wembley

Aug 15, 2008
Hartlepool will need to win their last game to stay up. They will win. It happens a lot where a team in the poo pulls out a major upset.

OnicknowlePete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 6, 2004
Plymouth
Interesting times, Pompey could end up champions but I can't see us and Donny both failing as it were. I fancy us against Crewe and obviously hope that Exeter do us and themselves a favour next week. Then it would come down to the final game, and at least the top three have something to go for rather than it being all over and the players already on the beach. I'm happy Pompey are up, enjoy the games between us and look forward to next season,
Pete

May 16, 2016
This time of the season, but especially the final games, there's often some high scoring "pulled out of the bag"games.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Pop1eye":jncr9n1v said:
the_corkscrew":jncr9n1v said:
Pop1eye":jncr9n1v said:

Hartlepool don't even look like they're putting up a fight at the moment. Doncaster should beat them easily last day which would mean you can't catch them. Forget it.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Forget about Portsmouth (easier said than done) but Exeter can be the catalyst to being champions. Supposedly they might not have a great deal to play for when they meet Doncaster seeing as they could be pretty much guaranteed a playoff spot however should they overtake Luton they will have the "easier" semi final. So it is still all for them to play for next week and I can see us being 1st again before the last game.

Wouldn't it be ironic that Reuben scores to beat Doncaster and as long as we do the necessary!

Aug 5, 2016
Pop1eye":65ppg3qm said:
Donny's to lose still but do you think they might just be asking the question?
Pompey thought it was beyond us. We completed what we set out to do but by you only drawing we've closed the gap and today leaving the ground fans for the first time wondered if it's possible that we could go top on the very last day for the first time?
Certainly still a long shot but the fact is we are winning games and your clubs keep slipping.
Certainly it keeps the tension going.
See you next season!
Play up Pompey

Pompey have every chance of winning the title.

They merely need the two best teams in the division to both not win in their last two games.

Nov 14, 2010
Cornwall
Knibbsworth":1fpi452g said:
Pop1eye":1fpi452g said:
Donny's to lose still but do you think they might just be asking the question?
Pompey thought it was beyond us. We completed what we set out to do but by you only drawing we've closed the gap and today leaving the ground fans for the first time wondered if it's possible that we could go top on the very last day for the first time?
Certainly still a long shot but the fact is we are winning games and your clubs keep slipping.
Certainly it keeps the tension going.
See you next season!
Play up Pompey

Pompey have every chance of winning the title.

They merely need the two best teams in the division to both not win in their last two games.

Well sort of, Knibbs. The fact is that irrespective of what the Mighty Mighty Argyle do in the last 2 matches, Doncaster only need to cobble together one point for Portsmouth to need to win both their remaining matches and I think that Mansfield away is a tricky tie for Portsmouth. Against teams currently in the top 10 Mansfield have only been beaten at home by the two teams with the most away wins this season...Argyle of course and some other team with an ex-Argyle man leading their attack. Portsmouth have drawn just once away from home against a top 10 side (at Home Park) and are surely due another draw before season end. Don't get me wrong Portsmouth are good away from home but they're not exactly Plymouth Argyle are they? :scarf:

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Ade the green":384ddt0f said:
Forget about Portsmouth (easier said than done) but Exeter can be the catalyst to being champions. Supposedly they might not have a great deal to play for when they meet Doncaster seeing as they could be pretty much guaranteed a playoff spot however should they overtake Luton they will have the "easier" semi final. So it is still all for them to play for next week and I can see us being 1st again before the last game.

Wouldn't it be ironic that Reuben scores to beat Doncaster and as long as we do the necessary!
With having a far superior goal difference to the others, Exeter still need 3 points to guarantee a play off spot. Mansfield Wycombe and Carlisle (Exeter's final day opponents) can all overtake them. Hopefully they'll go all guns blazing against Donny.

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Exeter must win against donny for us to be champions, pompey have no chance and need to play on their own conference.