Champions? (merged) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Champions? (merged)

Oct 31, 2015
I have been so busy looking behind us I didnt realise Donny had stuttered. 3 point plus a good goal difference would mean we would have to make up 4 points on them out of 9. Big ask but worth pushing.

Right stop drinking lads and get on the training pitch theres a job to do :)

Dec 3, 2005
Only 3 points between us and Doncaster with 3 games to go and looking at Donny's fixtures, they will not be easy for them (not saying ours will either).
They are away to Wycombe - Home to Exeter (both teams trying to make the play-offs) and away to Hartlepool (who will be fighting for survival)

Maybe Argyle have timed it just right :) :scarf:

We have only Colchester who are playing for the play-offs the other two Crewe and Grimsby are safe. :scarf: :scarf:

May 16, 2016
Would be the cherry on the icing on the cake. Would certainly take the biscuit. Not an essential requirement but better than being sandwiched between Donny and Pompey.

As long as Pompey don't rise above us, I'll be happy.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
It's in the tea leaves.

Last game of the season, Hartlepool need to beat Doncaster to avoid relegation and Louis Rooney grabs the winner leaving Argyle as champions ;) :thumbup:

Dec 3, 2005
davie nine":wp30s6wl said:
It's in the tea leaves.

Last game of the season, Hartlepool need to beat Doncaster to avoid relegation and Louis Rooney grabs the winner leaving Argyle as champions ;) :thumbup:

Now that would be a tasty cuppa :) :scarf:

A

andyr1963

Some bets coming to fruition.........IF massive IF Argyle do win the Championship then my bet of Brighton / Sheffield United / Argyle will pay Ten Grand :scarf: and I will get that bottle of "snake venom" (see terrace thread)

:lol:

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
djg145":1qwx9lyh said:
Only 3 points between us and Doncaster with 3 games to go and looking at Donny's fixtures, they will not be easy for them (not saying ours will either).
They are away to Wycombe - Home to Exeter (both teams trying to make the play-offs) and away to Hartlepool (who will be fighting for survival)

Maybe Argyle have timed it just right :scarf:

We have only Colchester who are playing for the play-offs the other two Crewe and Grimsby are safe. :scarf: :scarf:

Agree - although no game is "safe", especially now. However, IF we beat Colchester and Donny stumble badly at Wycombe they we will be equal with them on points. It could be on! :)

I think Exeter might possibly scrabble a draw, and who knows what will happen in game 46.

So, yes Argyle have to win our last 3 games, but if we do .......

Jul 12, 2016
Allowing for their superior goal difference we have as much chance of catching Doncaster as Portsmouth have of catching us.

Aug 11, 2013
I'd fancy us if they lose to Wycombe and we win at Col U. All the pressure is suddenly on them to throw the title away. Stranger things have happened and Donny don't seem to have had a wobble before now - is this their wobble time? Their fans forums, suddenly seem to have few doubts. We'd need to win every game left, but stranger things have happened. Grimsby might turn out to be a very important game.

Aug 15, 2008
Wycombe beat Doncaster? why not. Wycombe can get play off spot.

Conversely , for us, Colchester also could get play offs and will be up for it.

two tricky games. momentum is with us though...that counts for a lot as does the confidence we have after battering newport.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Verte":3q4yhv52 said:
Wycombe beat Doncaster? why not. Wycombe can get play off spot.Conversely , for us, Colchester also could get play offs and will be up for it.

two tricky games. momentum is with us though...that counts for a lot as does the confidence we have after battering newport.
I'm sure Akinfenwa would relish another trip to Wembley.

Apr 13, 2016
Donny's to lose still but do you think they might just be asking the question?
Pompey thought it was beyond us. We completed what we set out to do but by you only drawing we've closed the gap and today leaving the ground fans for the first time wondered if it's possible that we could go top on the very last day for the first time?
Certainly still a long shot but the fact is we are winning games and your clubs keep slipping.
Certainly it keeps the tension going.
See you next season!
Play up Pompey

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Pop1eye":2133pfvt said:
Donny's to lose still but do you think they might just be asking the question?
Pompey thought it was beyond us. We completed what we set out to do but by you only drawing we've closed the gap and today leaving the ground fans for the first time wondered if it's possible that we could go top on the very last day for the first time?
Certainly still a long shot but the fact is we are winning games and your clubs keep slipping.
Certainly it keeps the tension going.
See you next season!
Play up Pompey

We keep slipping? You've been 4 points off us for a while. Until today.