Brent criticised for not starting different building project | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brent criticised for not starting different building project

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
IJN":21q6ji34 said:
Cheerleading sycophant.

You are my hero and my guiding light, all hail IJN. What a nice compliment. :cool:

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
justanotherfan":2vgk5lki said:
I have no idea of James Brents` means of financing the HHP development, no more than other posters on this thread, what I cant do is get over-excited about something I can neither influence nor change. Perhaps this lack of apparent transparency on this issue has a lot to do with confidentiality, just maybe investors and potential investors insist on their business being kept "in confidence" at this time. Perhaps with other projects also in the pipeline from other developers, transparency would weaken James Brents` negotiating strength with investors and those who will be running various aspects of the developments. I still have confidence in the Chairman, if my confidence should be proved to be misplaced, well, I`ll live with it. I have hope for the future.
you are James Brent and i claim my £5.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
PL2 3DQ":1f6url1s said:
Plan B could include...

2: The land at each end of the grandstand should be utilised, Bobby's Garden could be a gym belonging to a national chain and perhaps link in with the stadium naming rights. Facing outwards it would be used 7 days a week and also used by the players and aside of the financial windfall for the club the deal could include club offices.
The end where the Chisholm Lounge is sited could be a leisure shop.

3: The pitch could be sold and owned by the fans, just like Chelsea have done. The Chelsea Pitch Owners raised £1.7m, we will not come near that but £100,000 would be welcome and the future of the pitch (and stadium would be protected), £100 a share would need 1,000 fans. Do-able?

Interesting ideas.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
LG":1x61zmjp said:
justanotherfan":1x61zmjp said:
I have no idea of James Brents` means of financing the HHP development, no more than other posters on this thread, what I cant do is get over-excited about something I can neither influence nor change. Perhaps this lack of apparent transparency on this issue has a lot to do with confidentiality, just maybe investors and potential investors insist on their business being kept "in confidence" at this time. Perhaps with other projects also in the pipeline from other developers, transparency would weaken James Brents` negotiating strength with investors and those who will be running various aspects of the developments. I still have confidence in the Chairman, if my confidence should be proved to be misplaced, well, I`ll live with it. I have hope for the future.

I`m a little strapped at this time, but I have every hope that this will be rectified shortly, however I can say no more at this time. :greensmile:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
justanotherfan":1ub2wyxl said:
LG":1ub2wyxl said:
justanotherfan":1ub2wyxl said:

I`m a little strapped at this time, but I have every hope that this will be rectified shortly, however I can say no more at this time. :greensmile:

Sell us a balloon mister! ;)

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
The Doctor":373eqdyi said:
PL2 3DQ":373eqdyi said:
Plan B could include...

2: The land at each end of the grandstand should be utilised, Bobby's Garden could be a gym belonging to a national chain and perhaps link in with the stadium naming rights. Facing outwards it would be used 7 days a week and also used by the players and aside of the financial windfall for the club the deal could include club offices.
The end where the Chisholm Lounge is sited could be a leisure shop.

3: The pitch could be sold and owned by the fans, just like Chelsea have done. The Chelsea Pitch Owners raised £1.7m, we will not come near that but £100,000 would be welcome and the future of the pitch (and stadium would be protected), £100 a share would need 1,000 fans. Do-able?

Interesting ideas.

Agreed.

We have some very well qualified people as Directors with years of business acumen. You would think that just maybe, they would be capable of identifying a Plan B as PL2 has done even if not a favourable option. However Mr Starnes says there isn't one.

Remember a certain Mr Risdale also telling our fans there was no alternative, but there was an alternative after all.

I wonder if there is a less attractive plan being kept under wraps?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
A gym in the corner of the ground - I'm sure that might find favour with a certain fan. Are we ready for the constant supply of rumours though?

Jun 16, 2006
Just a thought on a possible Plan B (or JB escape plan)?

Exercise the buy back clause for Home Park from PCC in Oct 2016 for £1.8M and couple the land with that already owned by JB (& others), enhancing combined value for sale to someone capable of delivering a development incorporating an Ice Rink that PCC will be desperate for by that time.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I loved the way the ground looked when it had the two buildings in the corners. That with two big tiers would look superb.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Here's one.

Albion move to Home Park, the land at Brickfields gets sold, and the landlord puts the money towards the new stand.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
If a ground share meant we could cover the balloon payment and replicate the success of the likes of Hull and Swansea then I wouldn't be bothered one bit. Home Park and the surrounding area would be a fantastic setting for a South West sporting hub IMO.