Brent criticised for not starting different building project | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brent criticised for not starting different building project

Oct 24, 2010
What happens in Paignton would have no bearing on the HHP development, they would be completely separate projects. Both projects require finance and to obtain that the figures have to stack up and it is pretty clear that at the moment that isn't happening for either.

Those who are desperate for the HHP project to go ahead need worry about that only.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
RWW":n2s3jzby said:
When we hit the next inevitable admin there will be some very red faces on here.

Hell, what is known in the trade as 'Pre I told you so'.

Again, how wrong can someone get it?

Do you think I (as an example) would be embarrassed about liking JB? :facepalm:

For your information, I'd be as mortified as most Argyle fans would, what IS your point?

I was one of the group that help bring JB in, I like the man, he's a gent, am I happy he seems to be struggling with HHP at the moment, of course I am NOT. Who wouldn't be?

Suggest you remove your head from your arse and see what is being said.

It's NOT the OP or the fact that it's been reported, that would be silly, it's the attitude of some people who seem to love this sort of thing.

It's like willy waving 'You see, I was right'. It makes me cringe.

A bit like Marvin Morgan in a way, I'd love to be proved wrong about him, I'd love to say (after he smashes this league) 'I was wrong' - Others it seems are willing him to fail and be proved right, so they can shout it from the rooftops.

All I want, and most Argyle fans I suspect is for our club and our team to flourish.

Get it now?

Oct 24, 2010
It mustn't be forgotten that, at the end of the day, James Brent was the only alternative to administration. If it all ends in failure he cannot be blamed for trying.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
esmer":3ob6omua said:
It mustn't be forgotten that, at the end of the day, James Brent was the only alternative to administration. If it all ends in failure he cannot be blamed for trying.

Do you also believe in the Tooth Fairy, Richard?

There's a group of people that will gain near sexual excitement if JB fails. You and I both know that.

Most of them don't attend PAFC, and therefore won't feel the pain as much as we do.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It's a BIG worry Phil.

All most of us can do is cross our fingers and hope that things change for the better.

IF they don't, many, many of us will be left distraught, but a small few will be gloating and very pleased with themselves and I'm not talking about Exeter City fans (although at least THEY attend two Argyle game a season).

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
IJN":1pexbv4f said:
am I happy he seems to be struggling with HHP at the moment, of course I am. Who wouldn't be?

Freudian Ian? ;)

In all honesty, I don't know Brent personally and won't make a character judgment on him. What I will say is he seems as good a bloke as any to lead this club back up, but unfortunately it's not working out. For whatever reason his intentions to save the club appear to be on the brink of collapse. I do believe it was naive that a plan B wasn't in order in case HHP didn't come to fruition for him. I have to say, I lack the answers on where we go. But I would suggest turning back to the throwaway comments he made a few months ago that he'd been approached by people seeking to take ownership of the club. I feel that it's possibly the last avenue to be investigated now.

Oct 23, 2013
Block 12
As I think I read finances were brought up;
Director Overview

James Brent holds 25 appointments at 25 active companies, has resigned from 2 companies and held 0 appointments at 0 dissolved companies. James began their first appointment at the age of 42. Their longest current appointment spans 6 years and 0 months at AKKERON GROUP LLP.

The combined cash at bank value for all businesses where James holds a current appointment equals £3,467,922, with a combined assets value of £22,213,709 and liabilities of £43,175,597. Roles associated with James Brent within the recorded businesses include: Director, Llp Designated Member.
http://companycheck.co.uk/director/914690776

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
IJN":eje1p7cq said:
RWW":eje1p7cq said:
When we hit the next inevitable admin there will be some very red faces on here.

Hell, what is known in the trade as 'Pre I told you so'.

Again, how wrong can someone get it?

Do you think I (as an example) would be embarrassed about liking JB? :facepalm:

For your information, I'd be as mortified as most Argyle fans would, what IS your point?

I was one of the group that help bring JB in, I like the man, he's a gent, am I happy he seems to be struggling with HHP at the moment, of course I am. Who wouldn't be?

Suggest you remove your head from your arse and see what is being said.

It's NOT the OP or the fact that it's been reported, that would be silly, it's the attitude of some people who seem to love this sort of thing.

It's like willy waving 'You see, I was right'. It makes me cringe.

A bit like Marvin Morgan in a way, I'd love to be proved wrong about him, I'd love to say (after he smashes this league) 'I was wring' - Others it seems are willing him to fail and be proved right, so they can shout it from the rooftops.

All I want, and most Argyle fans I suspect is for our club and our team to flourish.

Get it now?

Spot on. Some people in life are more interested in scoring points than seeing good things happen. BUT... this 'development' is incredibly relevant to us. It's another in a long line of negative stories we've heard recently regarding Akkeron and their portfolio - of which we are one, and which we already know is on the rocks.

I bloody hope it all happens (even with reservations about the capacity etc), but it's looking more and more worrying. Surely I'm not a doom-monger for feeling that way, and wanting to discuss it? And surely this thread isn't Brent bashing, though I accept it will attract those people.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
spowell92":3qjnr53p said:
IJN":3qjnr53p said:
am I happy he seems to be struggling with HHP at the moment, of course I am. Who wouldn't be?

Freudian Ian? ;)

In all honesty, I don't know Brent personally and won't make a character judgment on him. What I will say is he seems as good a bloke as any to lead this club back up, but unfortunately it's not working out. For whatever reason his intentions to save the club appear to be on the brink of collapse. I do believe it was naive that a plan B wasn't in order in case HHP didn't come to fruition for him. I have to say, I lack the answers on where we go. But I would suggest turning back to the throwaway comments he made a few months ago that he'd been approached by people seeking to take ownership of the club. I feel that it's possibly the last avenue to be investigated now.

I don't think the owner of the club is that important Sam, it's the club itself is all that matters.

If JB does fail, and I hope he doesn't, and he sells on to someone else, then so be it, as long as we have a club, that's the crucial thing for most Argyle fans.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
IJN":3pe0bxxd said:
It's like willy waving 'You see, I was right'. It makes me cringe.quote]

IJN":3pe0bxxd said:
Most of them don't attend PAFC, and therefore won't feel the pain as much as we do.

In the Olympics of willy waving its the 'I'm more of a soooper-fan than you' team who win outright.
If its me who you're referring to I can happily report I attended 12 matches last season, sorry if that doesn't qualify me for the finals of the willy waving but I found something else to do on the majority of Saturdays.
I've moved to Plymouth now so I think my quota will go up (also, I presume this renders my comments on the HHP development valid now that I live within the shadow of the Mayflower, happen???)
What worries me is that I'm seriously concerned that the supposed 'ONLY OPTION' for saving the club is quite obviously not happening anytime soon. No, I haven't got an alternative, but I'm damn sure I could come up with as many schemes as Brent has without ever actually doing anything.....its plan B from him I want to hear - he took on the club, that's his responsibility.

It matters SOOO much more to me....makes me cringe.
Its quite something when people with genuine concerns about the club and its collision course with disaster get called out on how often they attend and told they won't feel the pain as much as the sooooper-fans.

Oct 24, 2010
IJN":3qqu35w7 said:
esmer":3qqu35w7 said:

Do you also believe in the Tooth Fairy, Richard?

There's a group of people that will gain near sexual excitement if JB fails. You and I both know that.

There is truth in what you say, Ian, but why waste time and energy on people like that, they are surely a tiny minority and not what you and I would call true fans.

R

RWW

IJN":dmw3azyx said:
RWW":dmw3azyx said:
I was one of the group that help bring JB in,

And your credentials for making this kind of judgement are?

JB is being seen more and more as someone who talks the talk but can't walk the walk. In the meantime you belittle, tease and snipe at anyone who raises criticism of your pal.

If we don't get some income into our club (not yours and your mates) you and you gang will be sat alone in the Directors Box bemoaning the fact that the Plymouth public never supported Argyle.

The whole club is starting to look like a plaything of a wannabe rich man while his sycophants hang on his every word.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
IJN":1fg88muy said:
Paul_Roberts":1fg88muy said:
Very trivial response by some respected posters to what is a serious issue.

Don't confuse what you perceive as serial moaners with people who have genuine concerns about the future of the club.

It's threads like this one that put me right off Pasoti.

You're right Paul, and me.
Yeah and me. Fed up with the jokers, thread hijackers, poem writers and all round comediennes who have problems taking life seriously. FFS grow up and be miserable.
:whistle:

However, being more serious, there was no queue behind JB with a cheque book so we are a little stuck here.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Graham Clark":347o3h0u said:
You are not the only one, Paul. The quality and quantity of debate on this site continues to diminish and it is sometimes not helped by comments made by those who run the site. This thread is a perfect illustration of the point.

Can we assume that is your opinion Graham, and not that of every poster on Pasoti.

It was pointed out to me many months ago that Richard Nixon also thought he spoke for the majority and look what happened to him.

Perhaps you should read what is being said rather than what you think is being said.

Arrogance of thought is a dangerous thing, and just because some people are not guilty of loading bullets for others to fire does not mean that we are no also concerned.