Brent criticised for not starting different building project | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brent criticised for not starting different building project

P

Paul_Roberts

Maybe we need a gallows humour emoticon, just so we're clear?

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Forgive me for the gallows humour. Forgive me for feeling like we've been sold an absolute Pup. Forgive me for not being able to discern the difference between the current regime and the NWO (who were 'fair game' for gallows humour). Forgive me for being amused by the triviality of cheerleaders, hashtags and the like while Rome burns.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Paul_Roberts":wk4c0enn said:

I would have thought intelligence would obviate the need for such things.

Talk is cheap though, and this time around, if we ever get in the poo again, I would think there would be even less people putting their heads above the parapet, I know I'd never do it again.

I know one thing for sure, the vociferous ones in 'peace time' tend to hide under stones in war.

Apr 1, 2009
PL2 3DQ":18ise927 said:
Paul_Roberts":18ise927 said:
Very trivial response by some respected posters to what is a serious issue.

Don't confuse what you perceive as serial moaners with people who have genuine concerns about the future of the club.

It's threads like this one that put me right off Pasoti.

The feedback the Mods receive is that people are fed up with threads just like this one.

I am sure there are - there are a lot of Argyle fans who are sticking their heads in the sand. I wouldn't say I like threads like this, it's serious stuff, but are the mods seriously thinking of trivialising threads concerning relevant issues because part of the readership don't want to read it?

P

Paul_Roberts

IJN":fyos4kio said:
Paul_Roberts":fyos4kio said:

I would have thought intelligence would obviate the need for such things.

Talk is cheap though, and this time around, if we ever get in the poo again, I would think there would be even less people putting their heads above the parapet, I know I'd never do it again.

I know one thing for sure, the vociferous ones in 'peace time' tend to hide under stones in war.

I was joking (if you can't beat them, join them).

As for talk being cheap, don't we know it. I've heard enough talk from James Brent about this damn grandstand to last me a lifetime.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
xmastree":bvjupo0j said:
PL2 3DQ":bvjupo0j said:
Paul_Roberts":bvjupo0j said:

Don't confuse what you perceive as serial moaners with people who have genuine concerns about the future of the club.

The feedback the Mods receive is that people are fed up with threads just like this one.

I am sure there are - there are a lot of Argyle fans who are sticking their heads in the sand. I wouldn't say I like threads like this, it's serious stuff, but are the mods seriously thinking of trivialising threads concerning relevant issues because part of the readership don't want to read it?

Here we go, ONE Mod, made a joke, that's all.

Ian's allowed to I would suggest. Others can cry he chose not to, not a hanging offence is he?

As for some Argyle fans burying their heads in the sand, you may be right, but what do YOU intend to do may I ask?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
xmastree":24352z0r said:
PL2 3DQ":24352z0r said:
Paul_Roberts":24352z0r said:

No.

Aug 11, 2013
I'd not seen this article or heard the story before and was grateful for the OP's pointer. I can't be the only one can I.

Burying bad news can never be a good idea .....

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The OP is fine it's some of the people that revel in such news which irks some of us.

To be fair, only one so far, but others will be along.

I could name them but there's no need.

Apr 1, 2009
IJN":2cu7huer said:
xmastree":2cu7huer said:
PL2 3DQ":2cu7huer said:
Paul_Roberts":2cu7huer said:

Here we go, ONE Mod, made a joke, that's all.

Ian's aloud to I would suggest. Others can cry he chose not to, not a hanging offence is he?

As for some Argyle fans burying their heads in the sand, you may be right, but what do YOU intend to do may I ask?

Of course Ian made a joke, why am I not allowed to do the same? As for "here we go", you make me out to be a serial mod basher - which isn't the case.

What do I intend to do - there's very very little an individual fan actually can do at present. If you've any suggestions.... Instead I'll try to answer a slightly different question. What would I do if in charge? Even if HHP started tomorrow, it is not going to be of much benefit to the balloon payment due to the delay, so how to pay that is the first obstacle. I'd look at stadium naming rights, I'd look at significant personal investors (there are Argyle fans who have sold businesses lucratively), I'd pray for some fortunate cup draws. Is there any scope for renegotiation?

The second phase, if the first is accomplished, is sustainability. Something has to happen to the ground/stand for it to play a part. If it's not to be the current plan, then it has to be something else. I know that's a weak answer, but without a lot more facts it's what you are getting for the moment.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
Paul_Roberts":8km2vgke said:

Agreed - some the responses have been rather childish. This is a serious issue with a fresh newspaper article raising legitimate concerns about the viability of a project that many consider vital to the future of the club.

If you are bored with threads about this just don't click and read them.

R

RWW

I don't understand the fuss. If no interest was shown the topic would quickly drop off the bottom of the page. The reason it hasn't is partially due to those complaining about it!

A lot of people, including some on this site, blindly supported Brent and he used them as cheerleaders and mouth pieces for his purchase of Argyle.

It just seems that time and again Janes Brent is not a man of his word and his grandiose statements and plans rarely come to fruition.

When we hit the next inevitable admin there will be some very red faces on here.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Womble":24ujfdyh said:
Paul_Roberts":24ujfdyh said:

Agreed - some the responses have been rather childish. This is a serious issue with a fresh newspaper article raising legitimate concerns about the viability of a project that many consider vital to the future of the club.

Agreed. But of course, our concerns are just seen as a direct dig at Brent. :roll:

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Fergy":2q9qxqc1 said:
Womble":2q9qxqc1 said:
Paul_Roberts":2q9qxqc1 said:

Agreed. But of course, our concerns are just seen as a direct dig at Brent. :roll:
It's quite pathetic really.

Apr 15, 2008
London
I don't think there's a person on this site that isn't concerned about the lack of movement on the Home Park development. Cast aside the bickering and personalities and we probably all have the same concerns.

To be fair to James Brent, I don't doubt that he's at least tried to get things moving on the new stand/development front, but there just isn't the interest from other parties to invest in it and he just doesn't have the money to pump into it himself. The same is probably true of the other stagnant developments he's associated with in the South West.