Brenda has 'signed off' all of the players. | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brenda has 'signed off' all of the players.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Gareth you have gone from legal to moral right in less than 15 minutes. Having said that I share your outrage and really believe more could have been done by the interim administration to help the staff who without which the club could not have functioned.

G

Gareth Nicholson

jerryatricjanner":psx2sm8k said:
Gareth you have gone from legal to moral right in less than 15 minutes. Having said that I share your outrage and really believe more could have been done by the interim administration to help the staff who without which the club could not have functioned.

I was saying that even if you don't agree, as is the case for Marin(er), that there is a legal obligation for Ridsdale/Heaney/persons unknown to pay the staff, there is an undoubted moral obligation. I don't want these spivs anywhere near my club, but their 'deal' could have been completed much earlier with staff being paid.

M

marin(er)

Gareth Nicholson":3uj00jo8 said:
jerryatricjanner":3uj00jo8 said:

I was saying that even if you don't agree, as is the case for Marin(er), that there is a legal obligation for Ridsdale/Heaney/persons unknown to pay the staff, there is an undoubted moral obligation. I don't want these spivs anywhere near my club, but their 'deal' could have been completed much earlier with staff being paid.

Of course there is a legal obligation once the staff have signed their new contracts with PAFC 125... But until then it has to be handled as part of the administration process which is not Ridsdale, Heaney or anyone else to do with argyle. Once the deal has been completed then we can all express our outrage if the staff are not paid then.

Nov 11, 2006
marin(er)":30qdloko said:
Gareth Nicholson":30qdloko said:
jerryatricjanner":30qdloko said:

Of course there is a legal obligation once the staff have signed their new contracts with PAFC 125... But until then it has to be handled as part of the administration process which is not Ridsdale, Heaney or anyone else to do with argyle. Once the deal has been completed then we can all express our outrage if the staff are not paid then.

The adminsitrator demanded £1m in exclusivity payments from the PBs, £700k has not been paid by the PBs, £700k could have gone a long way towards paying the staff, the staff have kept the club going ....THAT is everything to do with Argyle

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Presumably Brenda is happy with Ridsdale's budget - which is curious considering season ticket sales have fallen a couple of thousand short of PR's target.[/quote][/quote]

Cannot say they have fallen short yet as they are still on sale. :scarf: :stout:[/quote]

I think a target would normally be set on the high side of real expectation. The tickets have only been on sale 3 weeks remember, any other season we would have had over 2 months of sales by now with 2 salary pay days in May and June plus early bird discounts and so on. Many fans salaries will be paid this weekend and there is still a further 2 weeks before the first home league game so expect a late rally in sales. If we exceed 3,500 I would say that was pretty good after a second successive relegation. Does anyone have any idea what the latest figures are as the season ticket sale thread went way off topic some time ago?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
jerryatricjanner":3bdn41sb said:
Presumably Brenda is happy with Ridsdale's budget - which is curious considering season ticket sales have fallen a couple of thousand short of PR's target.
[/quote]

Cannot say they have fallen short yet as they are still on sale. :scarf: :stout:[/quote]

I think a target would normally be set on the high side of real expectation. The tickets have only been on sale 3 weeks remember, any other season we would have had over 2 months of sales by now with 2 salary pay days in May and June plus early bird discounts and so on. Many fans salaries will be paid this weekend and there is still a further 2 weeks before the first home league game so expect a late rally in sales. If we exceed 3,500 I would say that was pretty good after a second successive relegation. Does anyone have any idea what the latest figures are as the season ticket sale thread went way off topic some time ago?[/quote]

As of this morning it was 2500 according to the box office.

Jul 29, 2010
Benji":3ta3yw52 said:
More good news, let's all move on

No it's not.

No I won't.

This administration process has already given many insolvency industry firsts, starting with it being the first ever unfunded administration process we now have the administrator taking on personal liability for funding contracts. He HAS no funding from his preferred bidder don't forget and what was the excuse the staff were given for taking wage deferrals?.......I can't take on personal responsibility for funding your contracts or i'd be liable personally.

It seems what's good enough for a few previously unheard of footballers is not good enough for the loyal and oppressed Home Park staff.

Again this is another development which is seized upon as "great news" by those who simply refuse to see no wrong in Ridsdale/Heaney/Guilfoyle and don't (or won't) look in the horses mouth.

This personal liability he's taken on for players contracts is unprecidented, it raises more questions than it answers so it's not good news beyond a superficial surface view of the Argyle picture and it's certainly not something around which we can forget all that's gone on.......

........move on?........jog on!.

B

Benji

X Isle":pyg5qow6 said:
Benji":pyg5qow6 said:

No it's not.

No I won't.

This administration process has already given many insolvency industry firsts, starting with it being the first ever unfunded administration process we now have the administrator taking on personal liability for funding contracts. He HAS no funding from his preferred bidder don't forget and what was the excuse the staff were given for taking wage deferrals?.......I can't take on personal responsibility for funding your contracts or i'd be liable personally.

It seems what's good enough for a few previously unheard of footballers is not good enough for the loyal and oppressed Home Park staff.

Again this is another development which is seized upon as "great news" by those who simply refuse to see no wrong in Ridsdale/Heaney/Guilfoyle and don't (or won't) look in the horses mouth.

This personal liability he's taken on for players contracts is unprecidented, it raises more questions than it answers so it's not good news beyond a superficial surface view of the Argyle picture and it's certainly not something around which we can forget all that's gone on.......

you are gettig boring now !!

M

marin(er)

Andy_Symons":5k7u2afg said:
Smiffy's right, though, Ian.

From the very beginning Brenda told anyone who would listen that he, through his company, wasn't prepared to take on the liability for the staff, hence the wage deferrals and the non-payment. Suddenly there are new players to pay, and whaddayaknow, he's happy to assume those liabilities.

Given the way the staff have put up with anything thats been thrown at them over the past few months, I can't honestly say that I know what it would take to get them going all Militant Tendency on Brenda and Ridsdale, but if this doesn't do it, God knows what would.

Maybe it all points to great confidence from both guilfoyle and the staff regarding the takeover???
The thing with all the antis is that it does not matter what happens from here on in, you will all stick to your very boring, monotonous guns. You will continue to call the likes of me stupid, thick, gullible etc etc.
Fact is though it's all coming together and I for one am happy. Get behind the bloody team and the club and stop being so childish

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Benji":1mo9n7mo said:
X Isle":1mo9n7mo said:
Benji":1mo9n7mo said:
you are gettig boring now !!
Irony.jpg

Jul 29, 2010
marin(er)":3bv3maho said:
Andy_Symons":3bv3maho said:

From the very beginning Brenda told anyone who would listen that he, through his company, wasn't prepared to take on the liability for the staff, hence the wage deferrals and the non-payment. Suddenly there are new players to pay, and whaddayaknow, he's happy to assume those liabilities.

Given the way the staff have put up with anything thats been thrown at them over the past few months, I can't honestly say that I know what it would take to get them going all Militant Tendency on Brenda and Ridsdale, but if this doesn't do it, God knows what would.

Maybe it all points to great confidence from both guilfoyle and the staff regarding the takeover???
The thing with all the antis is that it does not matter what happens from here on in, you will all stick to your very boring, monotonous guns. You will continue to call the likes of me stupid, thick, gullible etc etc.
Fact is though it's all coming together and I for one am happy. Get behind the bloody team and the club and stop being so childish

So there's an immaturity in having an open and inquisitive mind, to question things, to not swallow everything you are told but to stand up for values and defend them. Presumably by extension it's mature and grown up to just 'do as the nice man says', question nothing, take everything at face value and be thankful for what you are given?. We have very differeing dictionaries.

As Andy says, i'm right, this is clear double standards from Brendan Guilfoyle to the detriment of loyal staff in favour of some new employees that have shown us no such loyalty or sacrifice. But again, that FACT is ignored. Again, like all the others before it, that insult is just brushed under the red carpet you're enthusiastically prepared to lay out for them.

If you find facts and correctness boring and monotonous Marin(er) then keep reading fiction, keep watching sci-fi and remain in your fantasy world where everything is (ahem) "hunky dory".

A

Anonymous

Andy_Symons":50fjh19h said:

I know he is Andy, I was only joshing.

Smiffy and I (and many, many others) are singing from the same hymn sheet. It's just that, I rest my voice now and again. :angel: