Brenda has 'signed off' all of the players. | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brenda has 'signed off' all of the players.

E

exmouthgrecian

Paul_Roberts":1jzj8ecn said:
From a BBC story earlier this month...

The club (Argyle) can sign up to 20 players while they are in administration, provided they can pay their wages.

Presumably Brenda is happy with Ridsdale's budget - which is curious considering season ticket sales have fallen a couple of thousand short of PR's target.

Maybe the Riddler has lowered his alleged % :shifty:

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
exmouthgrecian":rwqlvhqa said:
Paul_Roberts":rwqlvhqa said:
From a BBC story earlier this month...

The club (Argyle) can sign up to 20 players while they are in administration, provided they can pay their wages.

Presumably Brenda is happy with Ridsdale's budget - which is curious considering season ticket sales have fallen a couple of thousand short of PR's target.

Cannot say they have fallen short yet as they are still on sale. :scarf: :stout:

Jan 27, 2006
storming":2ckyd91u said:
Kevin_Gollop":2ckyd91u said:

There are some real positive statements there.

Ridsdale said: "I think we have made tremendous progress. We have got a shirt sponsor [Bond Timber] and we have got the administrator to sign the players' registrations. I don't think he would do that if he didn't feel we were on the right track, so I think that's a major move forward."

He said: "There was no disagreement between any of the parties. It just has that flavour – and you never know until it's finished – of everybody pulling in the same direction to get this thing completed."

Ridsdale's statement is bollocks. I accept that progress is being made regarding getting a football team in place and I believe that should be duly recognised as a worthy achievement but how is this as a sign of progress towards completion at all?

I read it as Argyle have generated an income through season ticket sales and sponsorship to allow us to pay staff this month and that with the football season upon us there is now a regular source of income upon which we can plan against.

Perhaps when the PBs pull their fingers out their arse's and actually meet the commitments they agreed to I'll agree progress towards completion has been made.

M

marin(er)

Well well well...... It all seems to be coming together now. No, the deal is not yet complete but at least we have a club that is going to kick off in league 2 with a playing squad of players and a team that is looking very good.
Season tickets are selling well, the staff are going to be paid, we have a kit and sponsors too.
Let's say a big well done to all concerned and look forward to the deal completing in the next few days. Then we should ALL do our bit to help our club progress and recover from what was almost it's sad death.

G

Gareth Nicholson

Applauding a business for fulfilling its legal obligation to pay the people who it employs is like applauding your 30 year old son for wiping his own ass.

Edited to correct typo

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Gareth Nicholson":1t1gghn0 said:
Appluading a business for fulfilling its legal obligation to pay the people who it employs is like appluading your 30 year old son for wiping his own ass.

THE quote of the summer! :lol:

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Appluading a business for fulfilling its legal obligation to pay the people who it employs is like appluading your 30 year old son for wiping his own ass.

Not sure you'd be all that happy if your 30 year old son took several months to get round to doing it though

M

marin(er)

PL2 3DQ":16kpp21k said:
Gareth Nicholson":16kpp21k said:

THE quote of the summer! :lol:

The current business has no obligation to pay the staff, that is down to the administrator. The staff are in the position they are in for the same reason as the club and it's fans are...... Mismanagement of funds under the previous regime. We are in administration and will soon be out of it. Paying the staff as you have all been demanding might just have made that impossible.
Making a statement like you just did is like sticking your head up your a**e and coming out for breath 5 years later and trying to put the world to rights...... Wake up pal.

G

Gareth Nicholson

The current business has a moral obligation to pay the staff. If it sets its ethical barometer at the same level as that of the previous tinpot regime, it deserves nothing from fans other than abuse, criticism and mockery.

M

marin(er)

Gareth Nicholson":22q5igak said:
The current business has a moral obligation to pay the staff. If it sets its ethical barometer at the same level as that of the previous tinpot regime, it deserves nothing from fans other than abuse, criticism and mockery.

But I has set no levels yet as the club is in administration.. When the new ownership assumes control of the club I think even you might have to eat some humble pie.

P

Paul_Roberts

Tavypilgrim":3ufz1bwj said:
Benji":3ufz1bwj said:
More good news, let's all move on

Brendan Guilfoyle has finally given Plymouth Argyle the go ahead to register their summer signings with the Football League.

I think I'll wait until the story states the Football League has said 'yes' before celebrating.

Unlike the takeover, the player registrations are a formality.