Blackburn match day thread | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Blackburn match day thread

Oct 31, 2015
Oh dear. Jervis on his own up front and Bradley back. I dont have a goid feeling. Why muck with the CBs when the right back is out of position!!!!!!

Jake is never a loan striker in a month of Sundays. DA is doing my head in.

COYGs prove me wrong

Nov 22, 2006
Far to much faith in Jervis as much as I like him coming in from the wing up top on his own he is dreadful the time spent on Saturday was the proving of that, he was easily the weakest of the 3 options up top on his own another Plymouth 0 on the scoreboard at the end of the night I'm afraid unless Carey pulls off another beauty

Aug 3, 2017
I remember Grant claiming he loves playing striker. Don’t see it myself. Could Grant, Jervis and Carey be fluid enough to keep changing positions?

Tell you what though, set piece takers better be on it. Whats that 8x 6ft plus players?

Jul 29, 2010
monkeywrench":p39cbgjf said:
gaspargomez":p39cbgjf said:
Ciftci must be well peeved off.

Probably had a bust up with Adams.

Injured isn't he?
Yes, but why let that get in the way of a chance to throw mud at the manager :roll:

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
gaspargomez":2oq21gpo said:
Ciftci must be well peeved off.

Probably had a bust up with Adams.

He's injured.

Strikes me that it's another attempt by Adams to prove he's right - criticism of Jervis on his own, criticism of Bradley and Edwards together - "Derek will show you he's right".

Songo'o has two great games at centre-back - no I'll move him to midfield.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
gaspargomez":3jvw92xl said:
jerryatricjanner":3jvw92xl said:
Obviously a relative youngster.

I wish that were the case.

I started watching Argyle in 1983 so that's when history starts for me- and Blackburn were nothing special until Jack Walker came along. Their time in the Premier League was funded out of his pocket, not because they are a big club.

Plenty of teams have spent many years in the top flight but the pre-war and immediate post-war eras bear little resemblance to modern football. The Royal Engineers may be considered a big team on that basis.

In the modern era, Blackburn are an Argyle sized club with a bit more cash thrown at them. Nothing very remarkable.

Even if you take only the last 50 years, Argyle are in their 36th season in the bottom two divisions whereas Rovers are in only their 6th. Hardly comparable.

Feb 17, 2017
Is anybody managing to watch this on i follow as i cant find an option for it thanks

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Listening with Drew Savage and ex Pilgrim David Norris.

Aug 24, 2014
Buckingham
Think first time Jervis played the lone upfront role was at Oxford when Reuben was injured in October 2015. We were top. He played first half and DA had to change it as he cannot play that role. We lost 1-0. It didn't work then and unlikely to do now. Happy to be proved wrong.

Feb 2, 2007
Ciftci injured
Fletch can't do 2 games in 4 days
Can't understand why not Blissett though, thought his fitness would be up to it by now!

Jake has never impressed as CF so it's time to try tonight.