Blackburn match day thread | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Blackburn match day thread

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
Dreamgreen":3mit4pte said:
What about the 74/75 season when we had 28,000 at HP beating Blackburn 2 v 1, but lost 2 v 5 away in the same month, both vying for the championship of Div 3. Those were the days .
They renamed the town Greenburn. .. Can't remember why?

Jan 27, 2012
jerryatricjanner":3eyahkdh said:
Obviously a relative youngster.

I wish that were the case.

I started watching Argyle in 1983 so that's when history starts for me- and Blackburn were nothing special until Jack Walker came along. Their time in the Premier League was funded out of his pocket, not because they are a big club.

Plenty of teams have spent many years in the top flight but the pre-war and immediate post-war eras bear little resemblance to modern football. The Royal Engineers may be considered a big team on that basis.

In the modern era, Blackburn are an Argyle sized club with a bit more cash thrown at them. Nothing very remarkable.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Dreamgreen":17x6a45z said:
What about the 74/75 season when we had 28,000 at HP beating Blackburn 2 v 1, but lost 2 v 5 away in the same month, both vying for the championship of Div 3. Those were the days .

Remember the Home game well, a midweek game and Home Park rocked.

I was too young to travel away in them days but remember there was major trouble which covered the local papers, had it all in my scrapbook I was compiling at the time. Wish I had kept hold of that.

Jan 29, 2010
Ade the green":16s6lno5 said:
Emu":16s6lno5 said:
I appreciate where you are coming from Ade, but the factors maketh that they are a far more successful club than we are historically.

Absolutely and given the option all of us would have wanted the chance to have a little of what they had.

Blackburn (at home though) was my first game watching Argyle and we were well beaten 1-3 I think. Revenge for that would be perfek.

Remember it well, my wife was in early stages of labour with our first child and Argyle needed to win to stay up. Only one place to be Home Park. Thankfully my daughter did not arrive until later

Aug 17, 2005
Stationed at Blandford at the time came down for match back to camp after match and on guard duty at six in the morning.

Apr 5, 2008
Good chance tonight.Blackburn not so good at home and only 10th in table,they were pre season fav for promotion.lost their last game,so under bit of pressure .

Blackburn 2 Argyle 3

385 Argyle to witness it

:scarf: