Blackburn match day thread | Page 19 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Blackburn match day thread

Cobi Budge":2a7m9c02 said:
http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/plymouth-argyle/11085945/blackburn-1-1-plymouth

Ridiculously good goal line block from Taylor-Sinclair

Absolutely outstanding goal line block from Taylor-Sinclair, cracking display from Cooper and another absolute screamer from Carey. Players certainly giving it their all based on that display.

memory man

āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Pilgrim28":3updgj5e said:
Anyone who says these players aren't playing for DA couldn't be more wrong. Yann Songo'o was faultless. SB and RE worked there backsides off, albeit a mistake by Sonny. ATS very good today, what a block in the dieing seconds. Massive mention to Michael Cooper, good few saves in there espeically the one in the dieing seconds - now DA please find us a keeper on a emergency loan!
I am always loathe to take issue with anyone that is at the game when I am not. However, I am not sure I agree with your last few words. If we do go and get another keeper in on an emergency loan (and I am not too certain that route exists anymore) it would be a massive setback for the boy Cooper. But as you saw the game and still think that despite him not conceding he is not up to it, then I cannot argue.

memory man

āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Knibbsworth":3ahsclua said:
What if Cooper gets injured? We need a keeper.
Indeed - I had in fact just returned to this thread to edit my post and I found yours. I admit I had overlooked that aspect.

Apr 29, 2016
What a great game. Nip and tuck, sometimes backs to the wall, a great goal from Carey. Every man played their part and absolutely ran their socks off. If thatā€™s what they call the managerā€™s lost the dressing room you donā€™t know anything about football. Down to the bones of our backside with 18 fit players and although we didnā€™t get three points the players should take great confidence from that. Now to gradually build on what we have achieved over the past couple of games and to start to put a run together. Oh and a bit of good fortune wouldnā€™t go amiss too please!!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Crudgie was asked more than once after the game!

He did say heā€™d need a few days to get up to scratch though.

Aug 13, 2011
2 excellent draws we couldn't have possibly forseen but I agree, we have raised our game against 2 promotion contenders and scored 2 wonder goals. We now need to win the more bog standard games like Wimbledon and Gillingham for this to represent an ongoing fightback. And we need other players to net in games also, we can't keep relying on Carey.. Despite these draws with some clubs just above the relegation zone stretching the gap we are actually mathematically in more trouble not less but confidence will be on the up, main thing. Now we desperately need wins against the lesser teams to start climbing out the well.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
philmeboots":1etoraxu said:
Ooh and forgot to say great meeting up with my great pal the great Jim Furnell for a chin wag.

The Jim Furnell? Arsenal's Goalie when I first started watching at Highbury in the 1960s. Legend!

cheshiregreen

āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Old Gunner":8ainsi2b said:
philmeboots":8ainsi2b said:
Ooh and forgot to say great meeting up with my great pal the great Jim Furnell for a chin wag.

The Jim Furnell? Arsenal's Goalie when I first started watching at Highbury in the 1960s. Legend!

You lucky barsteward :)

Great goalie. I remember him playing for Rotherham at Home Park before joining us. Think it was 0-3 & the pitch was like a ploughed field but he was immense wading through the mud catching crosses and saving everything. And as always never forget that penalty save against Terry Venables.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
philmeboots":3ll5dw4w said:
The very same. Hits the big 80 next month!

Brilliant! I hope he is fit and well---as has already been mentioned he may need to dig out his goalkeeping gloves! From a lifelong Arsenal fan as well as an Argyle fan I send him my very best wishes.