Away kit revealed | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Away kit revealed

Do you like the new away kit?

• Yes

Votes: 111 49.1%
  • No

Votes: 81 35.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 27 11.9%
  • Not bothered -'meh'

Votes: 7 3.1%

• Total voters
Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
Hideous to say the least. The sooner we tell Puma to do one the better. Last season saw one of the best kits in years and years, this season sees one of the worst Argyle kits I have ever seen.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
X Isle":28gjcy0w said:
...oh and Ian, thanks for the meh option, I was fully prepared to need to use it, but it actually does the job :thumbup:

Who are you and what have you done with Smiffy!?

Mar 1, 2005
Southampton
Only one test for playing kit for me:
When you are running forward with the ball at your feet and are about to be closed down, and need to make a pass; can you pick out where your own players are located quickly and accurately, particularly in your peripheral vision as you have other things to look at at the same time, like the ball and the opposition player coming rapidly towards you. Bright shirt = more likely to locate your own players and make an accurate pass; camouflage shirt = less likely to accurately locate where your own players are. On this shirt, the bright colours seem to be mitigated substantially by the black lines on the front that are broken up and irregular, exactly what you do with black lines on a camouflage shirt. Worried that it's not the right shirt for maximising successful passing, particularly at night under floodlights.

C

CaffeineClubber

I don't know what I think... I actually kind of like bright slightly gaudy stuff, the Ginsters logo is done tastefully so that's something... I just know last year's away kit was much better. Will need to reflect on this one.

And yes, green away kit and green home kit feels weird to pointless.

Jul 29, 2010
monkeywrench":119np1h8 said:
X Isle":119np1h8 said:
...oh and Ian, thanks for the meh option, I was fully prepared to need to use it, but it actually does the job :thumbup:

I'm just pleased not to have to suffer the indignity to wearing another clubs colours again, of singing "green army" or "come on you greens" to a team on the pitch wearing no green. It is green and we should rejoice in that at least.

I like our uniqueness as a club, we are distinctive in name and colour. And this is without doubt very distinctive.

Many cite Warnock's Wembley season kit as our 'worst ever kit' but I liked it for that very reason, it was wonderfully distinctive.

This is equally 'marmite' I suspect. My request for a 'meh' option seems silly now as it's clearly a kit that will polorise opinion, you'll love it or hate it.

So sorry again MW but on this divisive topic I can't raise my pitchfork in anger, I'm in the :thumbs: camp.

Jul 29, 2010
GTTB Resurgam":34kd6tlw said:
...I wonder if the back of the shirt is the same camo as front or brighter.
Good point GTTB, that might mitigate Southampton's concerns re: camouflage.

As with the home kit the media department haven't given us the full picture.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
X Isle":2ftlvy5v said:
monkeywrench":2ftlvy5v said:
X Isle":2ftlvy5v said:

I'm just pleased not to have to suffer the indignity to wearing another clubs colours again, of singing "green army" or "come on you greens" to a team on the pitch wearing no green. It is green and we should rejoice in that at least.

I like our uniqueness as a club, we are distinctive in name and colour. And this is without doubt very distinctive.

Many cite Warnock's Wembley season kit as our 'worst ever kit' but I liked it for that very reason, it was wonderfully distinctive.

This is equally 'marmite' I suspect. My request for a 'meh' option seems silly now as it's clearly a kit that will polorise opinion, you'll love it or hate it.

So sorry again MW but on this divisive topic I can't raise my pitchfork in anger, I'm in the :thumbs: camp.

Haha, I'm still undecided but erring towards 'like' . But it's definitely not 'meh'

I won't be buying it though as for me, it's deffo one for the youngsters!