Argyle vs Chelski (Original thread) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle vs Chelski (Original thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

exmu

Lundan Cabbie":1rte7hyr said:
I guess victory for the boycotters will be when the powers that be say that B teams will not be allowed to enter the pyramid structure....... oh hang on, hasn't that already been said?

And you think because that has been said, they would stick to it. The top suits in the game are interested in business not the sport itself.

May 8, 2011
Argyle Reserves played at Ivybridge last night in the SWPL, attendance 310, just wondered why so many Argyle fans boycotted this game?

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
HC Green":ouo663c4 said:
Argyle Reserves played at Ivybridge last night in the SWPL, attendance 310, just wondered why so many Argyle fans boycotted this game?

It was Ivybridge fans who boycotted the game in protest at a League 1 club playing their youth side in the SWPL. Thin end of the wedge, and all that. :whistle:

Jul 29, 2010
Difference being of course that Argyle have had teams in the local leagues for decades, probably pre-war.

There is a precedent that is wholly absent for B Teams in league football... and those who believe because they said it wouldn't happen it won't happen are born every minute.

May 16, 2016
I had no intention of going to these games and rarely have attended any in the past. Like a lot of people, I've had little if any, interest in the Competition.

Since the B Team threat to the Leagues from the Big Boy Youth inclusion, I've now upgraded my disinterest and non attendance to a Boycott. We've all got to do our bit.

May 8, 2011
X Isle":2rltln67 said:
Difference being of course that Argyle have had teams in the local leagues for decades, probably pre-war.

There is a precedent that is wholly absent for B Teams in league football... and those who believe because they said it wouldn't happen it won't happen are born every minute.

There is no difference at all, Argyle are using the matches to develop the youngsters and to give injured first team players game time in their recovery.

Sep 25, 2010
HC Green":2qr2wmcb said:
X Isle":2qr2wmcb said:

There is no difference at all, Argyle are using the matches to develop the youngsters and to give injured first team players game time in their recovery.

Having had teams in the local leagues, for years does not make it right.

The point is Argyle, have not requested to have their B team, in higher leagues ?.

The last paragraph from HC Green, is totally correct, DA will give game time to squad members, and for the recovery for players. Like Jamie Ness, surely nobody can knock or complain about that, or can they ?

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
As far as I can tell the only reason to support the competition is to not see Argyle as a genuinely competitive club and not a proper side in comparison to the Premier League sides. Like when someone asks what team you support and you tell them Argyle and they go oh right, but which Prem team? Because our lowly club isn't legitimate enough.

A competition with qualified and invited clubs, a rigged draw process, a bribed/blackmailed vote and contrasting rules between teams further serves to de-legitimise the lower two divisions of the football league. The nonchalant attitude towards the future of our club and the future of the football league is particularly dangerous. If you want to disregard the arguments against the competition then fair enough. Everyone is welcome to their opinion on the matter. You may feel I'm being overdramatic, I believe you're being narrow-minded and selfish.

Jul 29, 2010
HC Green":2rlfcaip said:
X Isle":2rlfcaip said:

I disagree. The matches may have always been used for the same purpose but if you can't see the distinction between something that's been established in local football for 60 plus years and B Teams being brought into the football league then I can't help you.

Apr 3, 2010
Everyone has a right to their own opinion but when B team inevitably get introduced into the football league in 10 years time or even less don't be scratching your head thinking how the hell was this allowed to happen when you supported the competition and it's format by refusing to boycott.

You might think you're just supporting the team but in Shaun Harvey and the football leagues point of view by attending you have no problem with the format and teams involved.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Blackpool pilgrim":wu0igprz said:
Everyone has a right to their own opinion but when B team inevitably get introduced into the football league in 10 years time or even less don't be scratching your head thinking how the hell was this allowed to happen when you supported the competition and it's format by refusing to boycott.

You might think you're just supporting the team but in Shaun Harvey and the football leagues point of view by attending you have no problem with the format and teams involved.

That's it in a nut shell but it's a shame we are even discussing this "game" on the eve/day of our first home game back in League One. I suppose it's because the club website and Derek Adams are promoting this "game" on the eve of our first home game back in League One!

Sep 25, 2010
Blackpool pilgrim":s81ji7mq said:

Absolute tosh, the EFL, will never allow B teams into the league.

Sep 25, 2010
IJN":f4dxyfik said:
Martyn":f4dxyfik said:
Absolute tosh, the EFL, will never allow B teams into the league.

:lol:

Wake up and smell the coffee!!

I will repeat the EFL, in line with the clubs, will never ever allow B teams to compete in the league.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
5 years ago Martyn you'd have phrased that as "the EFL will never allow B teams to compete in their competitions".

Stick you fingers in your ears, shout la la la it's not happening and selfishly attend by all means. But at least understand what you're in support of.

Status
Not open for further replies.