Argyle vs Chelski (Original thread) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle vs Chelski (Original thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
If you look at the tickets sold on Eticketing, it is pretty shocking, so it does seem the message is getting through. Hence, most likely, the clubs desperate statement this morning.

Jul 29, 2010
Stuart House":24fx54u6 said:
If you look at the tickets sold on Eticketing, it is pretty shocking, so it does seem the message is getting through. Hence, most likely, the clubs desperate statement this morning.
Very encouraging Stuart, well done the green army :clap:

Maybe then they've closed the Lyndy so those who are yet to get the point of all this can't be identified, to protect them from being shamed.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Mark_Colling":558oeh9x said:
Any word from the Trust on the subject yet?

BTeams are surely the sort of issue they should be all over.

Nothing on their website at all.I'd be interested to know how they stand on this one.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Positively Green":3mdxmpq5 said:
It only seems like January that we were all in meltdown on here trying to get tickets to see us play Liverpool twice. Isn't the team Liverpool put on the pitch at Anfield still the youngest ever for them?

You told Argyle how you feel about the Comp. They voted accordingly.

Go support the lads on Tuesday.

The players selected for the Liverpool game was weakened from a league game, but they still put out around £180million worth of talent. They also started two Brazilian internationals against us, one highly experienced and the other has had a £90+ million quid offer from Barcelona rejected. Two England internationals in Lallana and Sturridge. A Belgium international in Origi. A German regular in Can. Spain's Moreno, etc etc.

It wasn't a full strength Liverpool line up, but it was a strong (albeit young) side with a mix of academy prospects and experienced first teamers. It was not a B side. Just as our team on Tuesday night that was humbled by City was not a B side. A weakened 11, but not a B team.

We're talking about outright B teams and post loanees be sent off around the globe, with Chelsea these aren't even the 2nd or 3rd choice young professionals at their club.

I'll be supporting the lads on Tuesday and supporting the club on Tuesday, by staying away and sending a message to Shaun Harvey that the football league is better off modeling itself as self sustainable rather than becoming a dependent beggar on Prem scraps.

P

Positively Green

"Maybe then they've closed the Lyndy so those who are yet to get the point of all this can't be identified, to protect them from being shamed."

No shame X-Isle. Would you be coming down to Home Park on Tuesday if it was still the old JPT with none of this political situation?

I do see the bigger picture. I will be more ashamed when I am watching Arsenal v whoever they are playing tonight (on tv) than I will be watching Argyle v Chelsea Under 23s at Home Park on Tueday night.

:scarf:

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Also, that article on the official site, alongside the promotion of the game by the club on social media compared to the promotion of say the opening game shows the distain the club has for the fans.

The special events in place for this game compared to any put on for a league match, why? Why add all this expense to a game without fans, and then moan that you're not going to make money? Why so heavily promote a game with the assistance of Argyle in the Community for a game that clearly divides the fan base?

Adams says you can turn up and support the team without supporting the competition. That's untrue. Ask Coventry and Oxford fans.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Stuart House":2ekeq4n1 said:
There's an article on the main site this morning, with Adams/Club 'begging' fans to turn up and support Argyle rather than the competition as finances are important.

Happy to donate £8 to the club, but not going.

That article is so disappointing. I went to Bristol City, and I didn't go to 'fill the coffers' of that club but to watch my team in a competition that still has some merit about it. So sod off if you want me to feel any lack of corporate loyalty for doing so.

They'd have done better pushing their efforts to encourage gates to the league games than this. It has a slightly worrying undertone..... if you don't come to a discredited competition, which by the way we know you don't like much, we won't be able to buy players. 1000 more on a regular gate would make much the same money as this abomination of a tournament. For this one, stay away and put two fingers up to the man i say. See you all at the Charlton on Saturday, where I will happily disperse my cash for something I give a damn about.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Forest of Dean Green":20y6c39q said:
Stuart House":20y6c39q said:
There's an article on the main site this morning, with Adams/Club 'begging' fans to turn up and support Argyle rather than the competition as finances are important.

Happy to donate £8 to the club, but not going.

That article is so disappointing. I went to Bristol City, and I didn't go to 'fill the coffers' of that club but to watch my team in a competition that still has some merit about it. So sod off if you want me to feel any lack of corporate loyalty for doing so.

They'd have done better pushing their efforts to encourage gates to the league games than this. It has a slightly worrying undertone..... if you don't come to a discredited competition, which by the way we know you don't like much, we won't be able to buy players. 1000 more on a regular gate would make much the same money as this abomination of a tournament. For this one, stay away and put two fingers up to the man i say. See you all at the Charlton on Saturday, where I will happily disperse my cash for something I give a damn about.

Well said.
The heavy media promotion of the game 'against Premier League champions Chelsea' on the eve of our first home league game of the season is a huge mistake.
Usually the club promotes the next game but I havent seen much promotion about the Charlton game, the press promotion from Adams and the club for the Chelsea children game should start on Sunday or Monday. Today's article should have waited a few days before being published AND with a different title.

Sep 25, 2010
X Isle":12t8jvus said:
Stuart House":12t8jvus said:
Very encouraging Stuart, well done the green army :clap:

Maybe then they've closed the Lyndy so those who are yet to get the point of all this can't be identified, to protect them from being shamed.

Why would anybody feel ashamed, in supporting their team. (Bit of a silly, stupid comment)

I don't particularly like the format of the competition, but in the end it is an Argyle first team game, and I repeat it gives an opportunity for DA to give other players of the squad game time.

He did this last Tuesday, and I haven't heard much complaint about his team selection. That night we took 1800 fans to that game, for a competition that we do not take as a top priority.

I see Tuesday's game , solely as an opportunity to play squad players, it is better than the SW peninsula league.

Feb 13, 2004
Not where I should be.
Yes, but it also giving credence to a badly flawed trophy competition that replaced the JPT. The JPT wasn't perfect, but it at least was all clubs first teams.
This protest is about not allowing B teams (I use that term advisedly, they're not B teams) into the EFL by the back door.

Our club has already come out publicly against the competition and it's current format. We as fans, should perhaps do them the service of backing that decision and stay away too?
For anyone saying that it's a rare opportunity of taking the kids to watch Argyle cheaply, it won't be a great atmosphere.

Jul 6, 2011
I'll be there, because the club is the all important factor not the foibles of the organisers, and yes I've heard all the reasons and agree with many of them myself, but for the love of argyle am willing to overlook it.
If you are going to protest with your feet remember what happened last time we did that, the club owners tried to placate the protesters by spending more money than we had and we went into administration and the club nearly died.
The club is a victim of this and we should support the club. If you would have gone, but are not going do what a previous commenter suggested and give a donation to the club.
This is Argyle, your team.

Apr 30, 2015
Some ill-chosen words from Derek Adams, in my opinion.
I hope he didn't mean them to come across as quite as patronising as they read.

I'm very much a fan of the way he usually goes about his business and what he has done for us thus far. The man clearly has principles. However, in this instance at least, he is not recognising that others have principles too and if they don't coincide with his own then he should be gracious enough to respect the difference.

There may be some occasional to frequent attending home supporters who take objection to his comments to the extent that they attend less frequently e.g. possibly me if he makes it a habit. If so, then as well as being possibly deemed as disrespectful of others, his comments could be counter-productive with respect to his stated aim of increasing attendances to generate extra income to invest in the team.

I've no objection to him issuing a rallying call. But why do so by potentially aggravating Argyle's (both home and away) supporters? And even more than that, why on earth do so in favour of the flippin' Checkatrade? Doesn't make sense to me.

P

Positively Green

:scarf: I have to say that today I am trying to remember DA's words when he joined Argyle - something about fighting for this Club.....
Perhaps this is what he was trying to do.
:scarf:

Status
Not open for further replies.