Argyle vs Chelski (Original thread) | Page 17 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle vs Chelski (Original thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2013
PlymOdi":33qv4fwf said:
Shm":33qv4fwf said:
Any idea on attendances?

iPlayer commentator has estimated at 3,000. No official figure.
That was my prediction when asked in work earlier how many I thought would turn out for this one.. I reckon nearer double for the Exeter one though.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
According to the BBC, Chelsea won 4-4 on penalties! :crazy:

Aug 30, 2016
Peverell
Delighted for young Fletcher, 2 goals and the bottle to take a penalty as well. I bet he doesn't think it's a joke competition.

:scarf:

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Sorry to start up another Checkatrade trophy thread, but I'd be interested to see the responses.

The boycott was meant to show there was no appetite for B teams, but with our attendance in the Chelsea game it's probably fair to say that isn't going to work. The only way I could see that working and making a statement is if Home Park was packed for the next game.

So the question is this; Are you going to boycott the Exeter game and risk letting the Chelsea game have a higher attendance, which would make the boycott completely pointless, or are you going to turn up?

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
Argy1e":wokqn31q said:
Sorry to start up another Checkatrade trophy thread, but I'd be interested to see the responses.

The boycott was meant to show there was no appetite for B teams, but with our attendance in the Chelsea game it's probably fair to say that isn't going to work. The only way I could see that working and making a statement is if Home Park was packed for the next game.

So the question is this; Are you going to boycott the Exeter game and risk letting the Chelsea game have a higher attendance, which would make the boycott completely pointless, or are you going to turn up?

I think you need to take into account the number of those who attended did so because of having free tickets, if the club hadn't ran that innititative I think the crowd would have struggled to hit 2,000, so in effect the attendance was artificially inflated. Can't see them doing the same for the game against Exeter simply because of the logistics involved and policing etc.

May 8, 2011
Looks like reduced ticket prices for the Exeter game as well. Exeter have published the ticket prices with £10 for adults.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
I boycotted the Chelsea game, and will do with the Exeter game. The crowd was only that high in my opinion because the offer the club ran. I would have preferred if the club ran that offer for a league game.

I think the club was against this format for the competition, but with the offer they ran and tried to get fans to go along to the game that they didn't even care less.

Anyway tomorrow sees a much more important game.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Argy1e":2vj7bccm said:

The boycott was meant to show there was no appetite for B teams, but with our attendance in the Chelsea game it's probably fair to say that isn't going to work.

I've obviously missed something. From what I could see there were only 3,500 people at Home Park for a game against a Premier League club, and when I and anyone else watched the highlights it looked virtually an empty stadium given only one stand was open for home fans.

I'm not seeing a big success there.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
I'm boycotting every Checkatrade trophy game, regardless of the opposition, until B-teams are completely out of the system.

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
I won't attend any game in the competition against anyone, anywhere as long as there are BTeams in it - and, to be clear, I mean including Wembley. 100%

The real concern is that if resistance breaks and crowds start to drift back up, BTeams are deemed to be accepted (see also "what's the issue with MKDons, that was years ago").

It is a slippery slope, stay off.

A very low crowd against Exeter would be a strong message; let's make it.

There are those who argue that the real point when things changed was the introduction of the Premier League (and they're probably right) and, therefore, there is no point protesting now as it's too late. I can't agree with that; if the fans stand together, we can still stop this.

Other clubs fans are; I found it sad to see so many apologies for our crowd on Twitter on Tuesday night.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Liam Vercoe":2wvlwq4n said:
I'm boycotting every Checkatrade trophy game, regardless of the opposition, until B-teams are completely out of the system.
Going off all the replies on this thread, if the Chelsea attendance was only so high because of offers that suggests there's a good chance the Exeter attendance will be lower. That won't help B-teams out of the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.