Argyle v Oxford matchday thread | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Oxford matchday thread

Aug 11, 2013
Deffo penalty. Was about to shoot and Edwards crashes in with an inanely stupid challenge. When the defender falls over as well to cover his misdemeanour it’s nailed on penalty.

2 steps forward 3 steps back. The double jeapardy applies to keepers I thought.

Very slow start from Argyle partly to blame for them being in the ascendency leading to penalty.

On to Tuesday ...

Apr 6, 2009
PL2 3DQ":12sz3vf0 said:
I thought the rules for double jeopordy of a red card and penalty had changed? Does anyone know?

A second red for Edwards so probably a 4 match ban unless we appeal.

I thought that too and didn't even look like a penalty. I'm sure they will appeal that card

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":2aakh6c5 said:
I thought the rules for double jepeordy of a red card and penalty had changed? Does anyone know?

A second red for Edwards so probably a 4 match ban unless we appeal.

If deemed deliberate foul to stop goal scoring opportunity it is still red. If accident yellow and penalty.

Getting to half time without conceding again was vital. But we won't score in a month of Sunday's unless we push forward in the second half. So many times there's just been zero options for the wide men to pick out. Taylor Sinclair poor I'm afraid - looks to have no confidence. We just have to find a full back that can offer more going forward. ( Grant to left back just might work)? - and put Wilde in Grants place.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Red will be overturned if we appeal because of the double jeopardy rule. Truly awful referee completely unaware of the rules.

Feb 2, 2007
First half red similar to 2014 game when Aaron Bentleys wild challenge changed the game and Oxford won 2-1.

Annoying.

PutneyPete

♣️ PASALB Member
Jun 23, 2005
London (Putney)
warney":2jg1lyqu said:
Mdgreener":2jg1lyqu said:
:furious: Anyone getting the video on I follow? I am getting audio but no video
I had the same. Had to use a different browser -Firefox. Got the feed just in time to see the penalty!

Plymouth Argyle FC‏Twitter  @Only1Argyle · 5m5 minutes ago

We have been made aware that there is a problem with overseas video streams on iFollow. This is appears to be a central, @EFL problem affecting all clubs, not an issue at our end. #pafc

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
Cobi Budge":3gqj6v7m said:
Red will be overturned if we appeal because of the double jeopardy rule. Truly awful referee completely unaware of the rules.

The ref has deemed it to be a calculated attempt to stop a goal scoring opportunity so given a red. That is the rules.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
abandonedhope":2g1wcffc said:
Getting to half time without conceding again was vital. But we won't score in a month of Sunday's unless we push forward in the second half. So many times there's just been zero options for the wide men to pick out. Taylor Sinclair poor I'm afraid - looks to have no confidence. We just have to find a full back that can offer more going forward. ( Grant to left back just might work)? - and put Wilde in Grants place.

Taylor Sinclair poor? He's been our best player!

Dec 21, 2015
Really PAFC94!!!!

This isn't FB freechat I don't expect to see that kind of vulgar language on this site