AFT statement on HHP development and **new update 19th Sept* | Page 44 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

AFT statement on HHP development and **new update 19th Sept*

C

CADMAN

Lundan Cabbie":294sjisd said:
Hubble":294sjisd said:
Let me make it clearer. As a lifelong Argyle fan I want every penny spent on HHP land to go directly in to the wellbeing of my football club. And let's not go down the road of the football club no longer owns the land please. We don't need to go over that again.

You could get your wish, but first let's rename the club Cloud Cuckoo Land Argyle. Why would that ever happen?
Ah ha! Your James Brent and I claim £5.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Hubble":3twyn4dc said:
Lundan Cabbie":3twyn4dc said:
Hubble":3twyn4dc said:
Let me make it clearer. As a lifelong Argyle fan I want every penny spent on HHP land to go directly in to the wellbeing of my football club. And let's not go down the road of the football club no longer owns the land please. We don't need to go over that again.

You could get your wish, but first let's rename the club Cloud Cuckoo Land Argyle. Why would that ever happen?

Yes you're right ... sussed me! :facepalm:
Sorry, I had £5.00 but I spent every penny of it on HHP land. So sorry, but I thought it was what you wanted!! :oops:

C

CADMAN

Pogleswoody":1rw7bt41 said:
Hubble":1rw7bt41 said:
Lundan Cabbie":1rw7bt41 said:
Hubble":1rw7bt41 said:

Sorry, I had £5.00 but I spent every penny of it on HHP land. So sorry, but I thought it was what you wanted!! :oops:
I thought multis were banned? Anyway, as someone who sits in the grandstand I very much look forward to having new toilets.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Hubble":29lqtkvb said:
Pogleswoody":29lqtkvb said:
Lundan Cabbie":29lqtkvb said:

I thought multis were banned? Anyway, as someone who sits in the grandstand I very much look forward to having new toilets.

'sits' ?? :oops: :lol:

C

CADMAN

Pogleswoody":14akgwqq said:
Hubble":14akgwqq said:
Pogleswoody":14akgwqq said:
Lundan Cabbie":14akgwqq said:

'sits' ?? :oops: :lol:
I take that as a rather sexist comment. Where do you sit?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
jimsing":pbbpmlws said:
The traffic assessment need not take that long.

I can foresee full planning granted for the grandstand, and outline planning for the rest.

Job done!!
I agree that this could happen.

Has anyone asked Plymouth City Council, as this was what I was told by Tony Hopwood, the Project Director?

As this thread moves into it's 51st page with 651 posts (652 now), I imagine that that one decision would probably satisfy the vast majority of those posters, me included.

C

CADMAN

davie nine":2pdcb4fa said:
jimsing":2pdcb4fa said:

I can foresee full planning granted for the grandstand, and outline planning for the rest.

Job done!!

Has anyone asked Plymouth City Council, as this was what I was told by Tony Hopwood, the Project Director?

As this thread moves into it's 51st page with 651 posts (652 now), I imagine that that one decision would probably satisfy the vast majority of those posters, me included.
It certainly looks that way.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Hubble":v9pzg46y said:
Lundan Cabbie":v9pzg46y said:
Hubble":v9pzg46y said:

You didn't answer though. On what planet would every penny go to the club?

May 16, 2016
davie nine":2cpyfjbg said:
jimsing":2cpyfjbg said:

Job done!!

Which is probably along the lines of what was expected from Day 1 of the process.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Pogleswoody":281wtbl7 said:
Hubble":281wtbl7 said:
Lundan Cabbie":281wtbl7 said:
Hubble":281wtbl7 said:

Why did you answer this question?

May 16, 2016
Hubble":21h43r0h said:
Guiri Green":21h43r0h said:
Guiri Green":21h43r0h said:
Without doubt.

The Club won't sell discounted tickets to a 'rival' if it means they lose out. They will sell a full price one if some herbert of a business wants to take a punt on selling it on a a loss in the hope someone wants it with their chicken in a basket lunch.

Again, at the very least, the Club has gained an entrance fee.
What if the rival is owned by the same person that owns the football club?

Then everyone's a winner.
So when there is more competion, everyone wins?

In a monopoly of ownership - yes.

C

CADMAN

Guiri Green":1vzaiqtc said:
Hubble":1vzaiqtc said:
Without doubt.

The Club won't sell discounted tickets to a 'rival' if it means they lose out. They will sell a full price one if some herbert of a business wants to take a punt on selling it on a a loss in the hope someone wants it with their chicken in a basket lunch.

Again, at the very least, the Club has gained an entrance fee.
What if the rival is owned by the same person that owns the football club?

Then everyone's a winner.
So when there is more competion, everyone wins?

In a monopoly of ownership - yes.
And the penny finally drops.

May 16, 2016
" And the penny finally drops."

You're about 50 pages and several months behind the rest of us. Stop arguing with yourself.

Jul 13, 2006
Ollieargyle9":aagcqwhs said:
SwimWithTheTide":aagcqwhs said:
Sorry, but does anyone genuinely believe that a currently uninterested resident of Plymouth will suddenly have an urge to see how Carey's magic left foot fares against Doncaster on Saturday because there's a Nandos next door and they can take their cat for a check up?

I think some of the proposed units have a benefit for the area and for central park, but the club benefit is being bigged up to some daft proportions.

Yes, yes a thousand times yes!

Not everybody lives in Plymouth, not everybody sees Argyle as a necessity but merely a hobby.

Build a Nando's/McDonald's and people (particularly young people) have somewhere to meet up and eat before or after a game. Being a fan from outside Plymouth myself I know this to be true, travelling up by train and going into town for lunch first was how me and my friends spent our Saturdays before we could drive. My love of Argyle made the walk worth it but for those less interested they need a bigger push, putting such facilities on site takes away these obstacles.

Gym facilities and an ice rink have similar impacts, young men and women can go to the gym and attend a game afterwards, young families can take their kids ice skating before the football and make a whole day of a trip to Home Park. This can be seen with the life centre, the number of Argyle shirts on kids coming out of the pool with their parents shows this perfectly.

The best way to get more people in is to make a day out at the Argyle a bigger offering. They can't fall in love with our club until they've been tempted into visiting. Not everything in the plans will benefit the club but they don't have to, it's not our land.
Ahh but you don't live in Plymouth so you're not allowed to have a comment- so there!
You've got a bloody cheek to comment on these facilities that you think you will be using.
They're only open to PL code residents only and it's a bloody disgrace that they even let the likes of you into the ground with your foreign ways.
These units are going to get so swamped by the fans who only live in Plymouth. ( There's so many of the buggers). it's the only fair way- sorry.

C

CADMAN

Guiri Green":1nl0gw5l said:
" And the penny finally drops."

You're about 50 pages and several months behind the rest of us. Stop arguing with yourself.
Us? Are you part of some secret group? That could explain your blinkered views