Your starting 11 v Rotherham? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Your starting 11 v Rotherham?

Your starting 11 v Rotherham?

• Michael Cooper

Votes: 168 97.7%
  • Callum Burton

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • James Wilson

Votes: 162 94.2%
  • Dan Scarr

Votes: 171 99.4%
  • Macauley Gillesphey

Votes: 99 57.6%
  • Brendan Galloway

Votes: 90 52.3%
  • Ollie Tomlinson

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Joe Edwards

Votes: 165 95.9%
  • Ryan Law

Votes: 21 12.2%
  • Conor Grant

Votes: 138 80.2%
  • Panutche Camara

Votes: 129 75.0%
  • Adam Randell

Votes: 41 23.8%
  • Jordan Houghton

Votes: 146 84.9%
  • Danny Mayor

Votes: 160 93.0%
  • Luke Jephcott

Votes: 35 20.3%
  • Ryan Hardie

Votes: 143 83.1%
  • Niall Ennis

Votes: 160 93.0%
  • Rhys Shirley

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ryan Broom

Votes: 42 24.4%

• Total voters

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
It is possible (but admittedly unlikely) that he intends to use one of his midfielders as a back-up striker/advanced midfielders. Cue MGM...

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
As far as I count, we’re only a couple short of where we were at this stage last year. Positions don’t necessarily align but:

Ruddy - Burton
Watts - Gillesphey
Aimson - Wilson
Opoku - Scarr
Sawyer - Galloway
Wootton - Bolton
Canavan -
Moore - Law
Fornah - Houghton
MacLeod - Broom
Reeves - Randell
Lolos - Shirley
Nouble -
Abraham -

Law and Randell’s first team promotion makes them viable squad options now. Could arguably include Tomlinson too. This time last year they were not.

We never needed Abraham anyway, but Nouble’s spot needs filling. So realistically, one more forward and I think we’re set for now. If you don’t back Law and Randell to make a contribution, then maybe another body is required.
Thank you for presenting at that way Nobby. The immediate affect on me is that man for man, based on the three games I've seen (on TV), I think most of the names on hhe right of your list represent an upgrade. Just Law's great enthusiasm puts him ahead of Moore, Gillesphey and Scarr just look more suited to League One than Opuko and Watts. I think either of them could become real fan favourites. I'm not sure Shirley is quite ready yet but he looks very quick. Perhaps needs some weights work and dietary advice to improve his upper-body strength. Without that he will go the way of Twiddy, O'Hagan and countless other very promising lads who didn't quite make it. I really like Randell too and I think it would be interesting to see how effective he could be without Mayor.

Jun 27, 2019
So it does appear Lowe likes to have at least 4 strikers in his matchday squad. We need another striker.

Lowe has said he's looking for a striker and has irons in the fire. He actually said he wants to bring in two more players, probably (and this is just my view) a RWB along with the striker.

Jun 16, 2021
But Galloway for Gillesphey
Same here.

Starting XI virtually picks itself which just shows the lack of strength in depth.
These players need to be pushed and challenged and not certain of a game next week no matter how badly they play or lose.
Not enough competition for starts on tge bench will seriously hold us back but because we won't concede 80 I dont think we will get relegated at least

Reactions: lien60

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Same here.

Starting XI virtually picks itself which just shows the lack of strength in depth.
These players need to be pushed and challenged and not certain of a game next week no matter how badly they play or lose.
Not enough competition for starts on tge bench will seriously hold us back but because we won't concede 80 I dont think we will get relegated at least
We are aware of the numbers issue and I’m sure RL is professional aware of it also.

Put that drum down

Reactions: kernow19
Jul 28, 2020
Think he might spring a surprise.After Broom signed, we now have a lot of good midfielders at the club. Following another good display at Torquay today, I think Randell might get the nod over camara. Broom and Mayor to push up in this formation, to support Ennis- on his own up front. This side could bring the 3 points back from NYS, I reckon:

3/6/1: Cooper; Wilson, scarr, gillesphey; houghton, edwards, grant, Randell, mayor, broom; Ennis.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Cooper
Wilson-Scarr-Gillesphey
Houghton
Edwards-Randell-Mayor-Grant
Ennis-Hardie

I’d like Randell to feature but I think Camara will probably get the start

Reactions: briangreen

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I'm surprised Grant didn't play against Torquay.

It's looking like
Cooper
Wilson, Scarr, Gillesphey/Galloway (equal votes)
Houghton
Edwards, Camara, Mayor, Grant
Ennis, Hardie

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Cameo from Galloway at left-wing-back didn't work for me this afternoon. I think Grant is nailed on to play there. Who starts at right midfield is the new big question, Broom, Randell or Camara. After today I'd be seriously thinking about playing Randell there, thought he was very impressive, although Camara had a good game too.

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
As far as I count, we’re only a couple short of where we were at this stage last year. Positions don’t necessarily align but:

Ruddy - Burton
Watts - Gillesphey
Aimson - Wilson
Opoku - Scarr
Sawyer - Galloway
Wootton - Bolton
Canavan -
Moore - Law
Fornah - Houghton
MacLeod - Broom
Reeves - Randell
Lolos - Shirley
Nouble -
Abraham -

Law and Randell’s first team promotion makes them viable squad options now. Could arguably include Tomlinson too. This time last year they were not.

We never needed Abraham anyway, but Nouble’s spot needs filling. So realistically, one more forward and I think we’re set for now. If you don’t back Law and Randell to make a contribution, then maybe another body is required.

Very sensible post, and also worth considering that Sawyer was out for most of the season and Wootton and Canavan left in January. I wouldn't even count Abraham.

I would consider Tomlinson part of the first team set up (even though he might go out on loan), meaning we are only a striker short, which Lowe is working on.

Also, from early and previous showings, I think at least Gillesphey (Watts), Wilson (Aimson), Scarr (Opoku), Galloway (Sawyer), Houghton (Fornah) and Broom (I'd say Reeves) are upgrades on what we had.

Sep 6, 2006
Very sensible post, and also worth considering that Sawyer was out for most of the season and Wootton and Canavan left in January. I wouldn't even count Abraham.

I would consider Tomlinson part of the first team set up (even though he might go out on loan), meaning we are only a striker short, which Lowe is working on.

Also, from early and previous showings, I think at least Gillesphey (Watts), Wilson (Aimson), Scarr (Opoku), Galloway (Sawyer), Houghton (Fornah) and Broom (I'd say Reeves) are upgrades on what we had.
Thing is we have to prepare for Covid absences also.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
With abundance of good midfield options (Edwards, Grant, Houghton, Randell, Mayor, Broom, Camara and Cooper) why oh why can’t we drop that second striker and play a forward thinking midfielder in a 3-1-4-1-1. Ennis would keep us up the pitch and someone playing off his shoulder could be another option rather than struggling to get another forward in.

RWB would be my next position to strengthen