Would you put Diagouraga in the team now ? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Would you put Diagouraga in the team now ?

Mar 8, 2016
I don’t think he’ll be to bothered to be honest, it was all about money and location for him, not success, why else would he have signed for a Mickey Mouse outfit like fleetwood.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Knibbsworth":1jlexhca said:
Will Toums be playing League Two football next season instead of (potentially) Championship?

Never mind the future Knibbs, would you rather be playing in a winning team, playing for promotion, with all the bonuses that that entails in front of 11,500 adoring fans or stuck in a relegation dogfight not knowing where the next point is coming from, in front of a couple of thousand disgruntled fans?

How much of his move was down to his manager, who is supposed to have the players best interest at heart?

G

Greenskin

Andy_S":2t24wye9 said:
Knibbsworth":2t24wye9 said:
Will Toums be playing League Two football next season instead of (potentially) Championship?

Never mind the future Knibbs, would you rather be playing in a winning team, playing for promotion, with all the bonuses that that entails in front of 11,500 adoring fans or stuck in a relegation dogfight not knowing where the next point is coming from, in front of a couple of thousand disgruntled fans?

How much of his move was down to his manager, who is supposed to have the players best interest at heart?

Hasn't done him much good,whatever part he played;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43099038

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
For me it is a big NO THANK YOU. Derek gave him a chance to get fit, Derek gave him a chance to play, and as soon as a decent offer came in he was away. Now, he could have said to the gaffer that he would stay until the end of the season and see what situation we were in from a league table standpoint and chose to stay and see if we pushed on and made the playoffs which is Now looking a possibility but he chose to go to a wee northern club with crap support so let him live with his decision. Now, from a financial and locational argument I can understand his reasons for moving, but he used us as a stepping stone and that is not the kind of player I would want to see back in an Argyle shirt. Let him count his £ playing in front of crap crowds, Sarcy, Ness, Foxy, Reuben are doing a good enough job for us not to want or need him back. As someone else said on the "old boys" thread, he made his bed so let him lye in it

Feb 2, 2007
Guys he moved to be closer to his family who are based in Leeds and want to stay up north.

He gets my respect for his efforts and left with his head held high and he played a huge part in stabilising and the propelling the good ship Mayflower back on its course.

Good luck Toums.

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
A million times yes...in the last two games we are doing great results wise but Tuesday was unconvincing (midfield wise) and it sounds like today was the second game on the trot where sarcevic and ness have not been quite as 'on it' as the few games leading up to it

In short

Toums could walk into this team and improve it.

However, it feels like we don't have a great record for second time around loans in derek years. So he'd somehow be gash too. In truth it's only boateng I suppose

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Andy_S":h6lnfc5c said:
The-Pilgrim":h6lnfc5c said:
willgreen78":h6lnfc5c said:
Rosler has just been sacked by Fleetwood. It certainly is a funny old game. Who would have thought they would go on a run like this after the money they spent in January. Wonder what Toums is thinking now.

This for me, I wonder if he could switch the clock back 2 months, if he'd sign our contract offer.

I was just sitting here thinking the same thing.

How much must he now regret his decision to move for a few extra Sheckels.

Fleetwood will undoubtedly have a relegation clause, so he'll be on a pay CUT!

Proves that money isn't everything.
He took the trouble to put out a message asking people to understand that he wanted to move nearer to his family. All the indications were that Argyle made him a decent offer but Fleetwood's closer proximity to his family was the overriding factor.

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
He wouldn't have been dislodged by Ness in the first place. In any case, I have a feeling that once Masaki is up to speed hell be in there. I saw some glimpses on Tuesday night of what he could bring to the team

May 3, 2017
I’ve got to say I’m surprised he turned down our offer to go to Fleetwood, at least until the end of the season. Ok. He left for geographic reasons, more money and to play for Rosler but he must have sensed something special was brewing at Argyle. His loss as Fleetwood may well be relegated now.

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Must be slightly regretting his decision given positions of the two teams and the fact that Rosler, probably a big reason in his move, has been sacked. But at the time was the right move for him.

Would be get in this team? Yes. Better than both Sarcevic and Ness IMO. But we’ve moved on and wouldn’t bring him back now.

Oct 16, 2016
He did a bit of a job, was one of the most ‘limited’ players I’ve ever witnessed at a professional level.

Used him, did a job, got shot of him

Superb example of management